Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2: The Cover

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I don't see the problem with it. Reminds of me of the cover art you used to see on b-movie sci-fi VHS tapes back in the 80's, which is pretty much what Mass Effect was inspired by. It's exactly what they were going for.

Baley

Liturgist
MegaMan%20NES.jpg

Chefe

Erudite
At least there's no shitty Games for Windows Live logo on it.

Quality old boxart:
CustersRevenge.jpg

Quilty

Magister
I replayed Outcast recently, which worked up enough of a hunger for SF that I decided to give Ass Effect a try. That was a mistake.

vrok

Liturgist
sportforredneck said:
Hence why I'm willing to <s>check out</s> pirate Dragon Age, Alpha Protocol, and Mass Effect 2.
Same here!

aries202

Erudite
I miss, sometimes, the days of old, where the codex would have jumped up and down with glee pointing out the obvious marketing to the teenagers that aren't even allowed to play the game; critisizing both Bioware and EA for their capitalistic marketing strategies, trying to reak as much gold, ehm money, in as possible. These days, we're not even trying....

Bioware have never done a cover, I think? for their entire baglogs of games which feature a (young?) woman's crotch as one of the main attractions. I smell an EA rat at marketing....

Chefe

Erudite
aries202 said:
I miss, sometimes, the days of old, where the codex would have jumped up and down with glee pointing out the obvious marketing to the teenagers that aren't even allowed to play the game; critisizing both Bioware and EA for their capitalistic marketing strategies, trying to reak as much gold, ehm money, in as possible. These days, we're not even trying....

Welcome to The New Shit.

Wilco said:
ME1 wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought it would be. It almost reached 'good' level at the end when I was given the illusion that I could talk my way out of the boss fight. Then... shit was resurrected and BAM, back down it went to average level.

You did talk your way out of Saren, what you fought was Sovereign using Saren's body. He turned Saren into a Turian-Geth hybrid.

ITS THE SAME THING

Meh.

Also, I'm with the two guys that find it entertaining. Massive amounts of filler, but the overall experience was okay. The codex sounds like a preteen girl waiting for her prince charming to come back and sweep her off her feet and take her away to his castle in Arcanumland.

Yes, the old shit was better than the new shit, but eventually you run out of old shit and you have to choose between trying new shit or play the old shit for the 1000th time like a loonie old guy that listens the entire Elvis discography everyday.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I will prefer old shit over new shit any day. Plus it is pretty hard to run out of old shit. So no, personally I won't be eating shit and enjoying it unlike next-gen "oh you just need to lower your standards and enjoy games made for imbeciles" codex members.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
MetalCraze said:
I will prefer old shit over new shit any day. Plus it is pretty hard to run out of old shit. So no, personally I won't be eating shit and enjoying it unlike next-gen "oh you just need to lower your standards and enjoy games made for imbeciles" codex members.

skywayshit.gif

Texas Red

Whiner
Just finished playing ME and found it immensely a fun game. Despite the generic setting, I was nevertheless engrossed in the story and wanted to genuinely find out more about the companions. All of the aspects have been improved when compared to former Bio games. Also, many retarded opinions of the Codex, which I believed, turned out to be false.

There were indeed choices, don't know about consequences, that were more than just evil or good. In fact, yes, there's no evil in ME. The choices which you take, even without seeing actual &C, are too significant to just put in to a few lines of writing. I'm pretty sure Bio will do an excellent job with the &C of ME 2. The Codex won't be satisfied though, because the Codex idolizes an RPG which doesn't exist. This delusion of an RPG has &C that completely change all of your companions, their attitudes and all of the NPCs and towns. But in reality this RPG has only ending slides which the Codex refuses to believe have been done and surpassed by modern RPGs, including by ME 1.

Talonfire

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
Just finished playing ME and found it immensely a fun game. Despite the generic setting, I was nevertheless engrossed in the story and wanted to genuinely find out more about the companions. All of the aspects have been improved when compared to former Bio games. Also, many retarded opinions of the Codex, which I believed, turned out to be false.

I wouldn't call Mass Effect an "improvement" per se; BioWare's past games (even Jade Empire) had more believable pacing in plot and character development. The combat system is the only real improvement I can think of.

There were indeed choices, don't know about consequences, that were more than just evil or good. In fact, yes, there's no evil in ME. The choices which you take, even without seeing actual &C, are too significant to just put in to a few lines of writing. I'm pretty sure Bio will do an excellent job with the &C of ME 2.

There's definitely "evil" in Mass Effect; unless you consider racism an admirable trait.

Texas Red

Whiner
"There's definitely "evil" in Mass Effect; unless you consider racism an admirable trait."

Then you would be calling every person who ever lived "evil".

Talonfire

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
"There's definitely "evil" in Mass Effect; unless you consider racism an admirable trait."

Then you would be calling every person who ever lived "evil".

No, because not every person who has ever lived is or was racist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom