Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2: The Cover

XBOXjpg_1248982148.jpg

PC_1248982949.jpg

I think it's fairly superior over the first game's boxart.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Do I see a little flash of bush?

Also I thought you left your old party behind.

ElectricOtter

Ashley looks like her leg is growing out of her twat :lol:

Multi-headed Cow

Not too shabby. And much better than Mass Effect 1's cover.

Kron

Arcane
Mediocre.

The cover of a game is an amazing chance for an artist to make something attractive, memorable, that catches your eye, and is truly artistic. Not that Mass Effect is a game that deserves to be called any of the above, but anyway, it's just another generic looking cover.

Guess the MASS EFFECT 2 will do for the kids.

The girl in the picture isn't Ashley, it's a new character Miranda. She was in the iphone Mass Effect game along with a negro character with my first name who will also be in Shepard's new party. The krogan also isn't Wrex from the first game, it's a new one seemingly called Grunt.

ElectricOtter

sportforredneck said:
The girl in the picture isn't Ashley, it's a new character Miranda. She was in the iphone Mass Effect game along with a negro character with my first name who will also be in Shepard's new party. The krogan also isn't Wrex from the first game, it's a new one seemingly called Grunt.
So it's all the characters from the original with new names except Kaidan is a cybernegro?

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Seems to me like they're going for a 50's sci fi feeling with the boxart. It's too cheesy to be anything else really.

Multi-headed Cow

Edward_R_Murrow said:
Shepard.....is not black enough.
Still looks like he wants to grab the fuck out of some collars though.

DefJam101

Arcane
Ain't actually that bad. Has an oldschool feel to it.. reminds me of Neocron's cover, almost.

This style is good for games. You need to either go minimalist (Quake) or pseudo-comic booky (this, most adventure games).

ElectricOtter said:
sportforredneck said:
So it's all the characters from the original with new names except Kaidan is a cybernegro?
Basically.

Lurkar

Scholar
Replace "Mass Effect 2" with the name of any possible SPACE MARINE style FPS and the box art would still fit.

The entire art seems to be little more then LOOK! GRITTY MAN IN SPACE ARMOR! GUN!

Edit: Looking at it again, it's that stupid bit of Shepard (assumably) at the front that ruins it. If you put someone in the front at that perspective, they become the center of attention. And he just looks bland and...well fuck, goofy.

Deleted member 7219

Hurr hurr I'm a racist hurr hurr look at me I say 'negro' hurr hurr.

Fuck off.

Black

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
The game will still be a piece of shit anyway.
And Codex will love it for what it will be!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom