Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
2. At last I could make femShepard in ME1 who does not look like a tired whore without ton of mods. That is good. Not so good with male Shepard - his default head looks even more "closet gay" than original and all custom faces end up as fucking potatoheads, and no amount of slider tuning in editor can fix this.

This is my custom male Shepard. He's a hot dad who's interested in meeting other hot dads for fun, friendship, and maybe more:

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-55-37-29.png" alt="Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-55-37-29

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-56-47-61.png" alt="Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-56-47-61

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-56-37-72.png" alt="Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-56-37-72

The only problem is there are no hot dads in ME1 or ME2, so he's been banging Liara and Miranda just for the Paramour achievements.

J1M

Arcane
I finished Mass Effect 2. Replaying it has convinced me, more than ever, that the Reapers don't really matter to this series. They are just a MacGuffin that force the characters to do shit. This is the 4th time I've played the game (and the first in nearly a decade) and what struck me most playing it this time is that there's next to zero central plot.
Lol, so you enjoyed multiple variations of daddy issue missions?? The only loyality mission i liked was Legions, at least something new to the universe was added.But something like the first encounter with the Rachni or Vigil beats the loyalty crap anytime.
I am fine with many of the loyalty missions relating to fathers. Call it a theme they were exploring or something. The travesty is making so much of the game about fathers and never introducing Shepard's father or revealing that Shepard is a father.

J1M

Arcane
2. At last I could make femShepard in ME1 who does not look like a tired whore without ton of mods. That is good. Not so good with male Shepard - his default head looks even more "closet gay" than original and all custom faces end up as fucking potatoheads, and no amount of slider tuning in editor can fix this.

This is my custom male Shepard. He's a hot dad who's interested in meeting other hot dads for fun, friendship, and maybe more:

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-55-37-29.png" alt="Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-55-37-29

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-56-47-61.png" alt="Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-56-47-61

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-56-37-72.png" alt="Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-Screenshot-2021-06-13-17-56-37-72

The only problem is there are no hot dads in ME1 or ME2, so he's been banging Liara and Miranda just for the Paramour achievements.
Technically Liara could be a dad...

jackofshadows

Magister

Why are you playing with 400% brightness? You are located on a beach or something? Don't fuck around, move to a cool and dusky basement like everyone else.

Vorark

Erudite
1. It is damn nice to have version of Mass Effect 2 that is not crashes like crazy on Win 10 (iirc it was crashing at release too in the same places) and where I am not getting stuck in level geometry every 10 minutes. No crashes in 40 hours. Honestly, I am impressed.

Did Bioware finally fix that consistent ME2 hotbar crash that would happen when dragging abilities to another slot? Was a pain to rearrange those icons. Good to hear about improvements to level geometry too, sooner or later you'd get stuck somewhere when using Biotic Charge.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
1. It is damn nice to have version of Mass Effect 2 that is not crashes like crazy on Win 10 (iirc it was crashing at release too in the same places) and where I am not getting stuck in level geometry every 10 minutes. No crashes in 40 hours. Honestly, I am impressed.

Did Bioware finally fix that consistent ME2 hotbar crash that would happen when dragging abilities to another slot? Was a pain to rearrange those icons. Good to hear about improvements to level geometry too, sooner or later you'd get stuck somewhere when using Biotic Charge.

It bugged out couple of times when I've tried to rearrange quick slot panel in combat, looked like some error with cursor positioning, but it never crushed. But I have only caught this bug once in original, so not enough evidence to say for sure.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Did Bioware finally fix that consistent ME2 hotbar crash that would happen when dragging abilities to another slot? Was a pain to rearrange those icons.
Yeah I remember that one from the original versions. I remember resetting my skill points to try a different build and it fucked up the entire hotkey system, no matter what I did that save was just fucked. Really nasty bug.

KVVRR

Learned
I don't care how the effect is achieved, the point is that it doesn't ruin the composition of the shot, unlike LE's lighting. LE uses a more sophisticated lighting technique, and in doing so ruins the composition of most of the shots/scenes in the game.

A scene doesn't have to use sophisticated technology to look good. It just has to be composed correctly with the tools at hand. This is obvious in the scene where Shepard and Ashley are in the shot together.
it looks like shit and you're blind
do you think this shot looks bad too because it isn't realistic you clown
MV5BNTYzMzlmZDktMDVmMS00OTBiLThhZTYtZjg5N2E5YjVmOWY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher

His chin is too weak, looks like a tweeb.

I played ME2 on release and don't remember having any crashes?

It's entirely possible ME2 had/has a problem with CPUs that have more than two cores.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

Why are you playing with 400% brightness? You are located on a beach or something? Don't fuck around, move to a cool and dusky basement like everyone else.

That's what pictures look like when you take them with HDR on. They look great with HDR on, but get washed out once you turn it off.

Daidre

Arcane
Well, with the sheer amount of hours clocked in pirated Mass Effects I kinda... own Bioware 60$ I paid for LE.

In my defense, I bought proper disk copies of ME1 and ME2, but getting DLC for them was always such an unspeakable pain with all Bioware Points and whatever that NOT going to rutracker and getting complete version in the chosen language would be just retarded.

And language is the main reason I no longer buy any games in Origins - price is the same as on Steam but EA put some stupid region check that locks me with Russian version of the game and does not even let me to pay extra money for a damn subtitles. And since ME3 was not on Steam up until the last year - thought of buying it had never crossed my mind.

Fuck you EA, if you want my money make the version of the game I am buying better than one I could always get for free. Which they kinda did in LE case... with some hurdles along the way.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Nearly all the people responsible for Mass Effect don't even work at Bioware anymore, moralfags don't even have a moral obligation to give them money.

J1M

Arcane
Someone could still make the argument that if the remaster outsells Andromeda it sends a clear signal to influence the direction of Mass Effect 5.

Codex Year of the Donut
Someone could still make the argument that if the remaster outsells Andromeda it sends a clear signal to influence the direction of Mass Effect 5.
1. Other than inferring it, I've never actually seen any proof that Andromeda had bad sales. If I had to guess, it probably sold OK, nothing groundbreaking. Much of the reaction seemed to be to the awful PR it received at launch.
2. nubioware ME5 would be trash unless it was given to Austin -- and it likely wouldn't be.

Daidre

Arcane
I am going to say something awful...

I played ME 3 for the first time in 2020, always suspected that it sucks and turned out it even worse than that. And I am playing Andromeda now, got it for 2$ in russian money on some sale.

Honestly, I had almost abandoned Andromeda after prologue, mostly because I just could not get over how ugly everyone is. But I tried to give it second chance recently. Now I am around 70 hours mark and almost done, already 100%-ed all worlds.

Thing is, I actually enjoy playing Andromeda after almost forcing myself to get through ME3 due to my horrible completionist itch. And doing point by point comparison, imho:

- Main character. In short, I hated what Bioware did to Shepard in ME 3. They took character that I have considered mine and turned her into some whiny tryhard Messiah with all galaxy just not shutting up about how awesome she is. I know that stroking player's ego is important part of any game but holy shit, when everyone in the story beside MC and his team are comically inept and/or crazy evil, whole thing goes from meh to cringe in the second.

- Story. Just one word - cutscene. Half of the ME3 is a long boring (and often unskippable) cutscenes where everyone sound like a broken record: Reapers, Reapers, Reapers, please save us Shepard, you are so cool Shepard, world is a grimdark and you are our only hope Shepard... Some game devs just don't get that "press ESC to skip" is half of greatness. Andromeda is throughout mediocre in its story parts but at least it drops stupid cinematic dialogues right after prologue and lets me play the game.

- Combat. Only thing that I truly liked about ME3. Combo system is cool, shooting is pleasant and huge choice of the weapons help it a lot. Mission maps are expanded from the corridors of ME2 and mostly range from decent to good. But this is also one thing where any original Mass Effect loses to Andromeda hands down.

Because Andromeda is on Frostbite and you can feel a shootery pedigree of the engine in every shot you make. No retarded enemies that do not know how to flank or how to change cover, no covers that you need to manually stick to each time and no grenades that spawn under your feet with 100% precision. Everything is fast, fluid and operates in real 3d at last with enemies being aware of verticality and smart enough to use the shit out of it.

And it also takes ME3 classes and makes them even better with free mix and match for abilities and its "respec on the fly" profile system. Only downgrade is the lack of direct of control over the squadmates but they are no longer retarded and actually sturdy so it is ok for me - I still do most of the work on Insane but here I don't need to babysit the second half of my combo all the time.

- Exploration. I am that weird person who liked to drive Mako over half empty planets in first ME. So I like to do the same in Andromeda, but worlds are beautiful, not nearly as empty, have working Hazard systems, verticality, small hidden stashes and quests and even some dungeons with environmental puzzles. Of course it is not a Gothic, but it also way better than trash like copypasted Assasin Creeds or ME2-3 endless drab corridors.

So TL;DR version, I would actually approve more Andromeda from Bioware, and less ME3 and DA2. Inquisition is a hard comparison, since it has the same problems as Andromeda with quantity over quality, better story parts but worse open world and boring combat.

PS I guess playing The Outer Worlds was really a breaking point to lower my standards enough to enjoy reviled Mass Effect Andromeda. Or maybe I had never liked Mass Effect 2-3 enough to be uber butthurt about getting Andromeda instead of ME4.

Last edited:

Slaver1

Savant
Mass Effect was so magic at the time of its release. A friend brought it to my doorstep out of the blue and I was amazed by it and pining for 2 by the end. Unfortunately, when the sequels arrived they felt much more lukewarm.

After The Witcher 3 it's even harder for me to enjoy the Mass Effect(Fitgirl) Legendary Edition or indeed any other post-BG2 TOB Bioware output, let alone drek like The Outer Worlds or Andromeda (which admittedly did feel better than the rest of the series from a gameplay perspective.)

Yosharian

Arcane
I am going to say something awful...

I played ME 3 for the first time in 2020, always suspected that it sucks and turned out it even worse than that. And I am playing Andromeda now, got it for 2$ in russian money on some sale.

Honestly, I had almost abandoned Andromeda after prologue, mostly because I just could not get over how ugly everyone is. But I tried to give it second chance recently. Now I am around 70 hours mark and almost done, already 100%-ed all worlds.

Thing is, I actually enjoy playing Andromeda after almost forcing myself to get through ME3 due to my horrible completionist itch. And doing point by point comparison, imho:

- Main character. In short, I hated what Bioware did to Shepard in ME 3. They took character that I have considered mine and turned her into some whiny tryhard Messiah with all galaxy just not shutting up about how awesome she is. I know that stroking player's ego is important part of any game but holy shit, when everyone in the story beside MC and his team are comically inept and/or crazy evil, whole thing goes from meh to cringe in the second.

- Story. Just one word - cutscene. Half of the ME3 is a long boring (and often unskippable) cutscenes where everyone sound like a broken record: Reapers, Reapers, Reapers, please save us Shepard, you are so cool Shepard, world is a grimdark and you are our only hope Shepard... Some game devs just don't get that "press ESC to skip" is half of greatness. Andromeda is throughout mediocre in its story parts but at least it drops stupid cinematic dialogues right after prologue and lets me play the game.

- Combat. Only thing that I truly liked about ME3. Combo system is cool, shooting is pleasant and huge choice of the weapons help it a lot. Mission maps are expanded from the corridors of ME2 and mostly range from decent to good. But this is also one thing where any original Mass Effect loses to Andromeda hands down.

Because Andromeda is on Frostbite and you can feel a shootery pedigree of the engine in every shot you make. No retarded enemies that do not know how to flank or how to change cover, no covers that you need to manually stick to each time and no grenades that spawn under your feet with 100% precision. Everything is fast, fluid and operates in real 3d at last with enemies being aware of verticality and smart enough to use the shit out of it.

And it also takes ME3 classes and makes them even better with free mix and match for abilities and its "respec on the fly" profile system. Only downgrade is the lack of direct of control over the squadmates but they are no longer retarded and actually sturdy so it is ok for me - I still do most of the work on Insane but here I don't need to babysit the second half of my combo all the time.

- Exploration. I am that weird person who liked to drive Mako over half empty planets in first ME. So I like to do the same in Andromeda, but worlds are beautiful, not nearly as empty, have working Hazard systems, verticality, small hidden stashes and quests and even some dungeons with environmental puzzles. Of course it is not a Gothic, but it also way better than trash like copypasted Assasin Creeds or ME2-3 endless drab corridors.

So TL;DR version, I would actually approve more Andromeda from Bioware, and less ME3 and DA2. Inquisition is a hard comparison, since it has the same problems as Andromeda with quantity over quality, better story parts but worse open world and boring combat.

PS I guess playing The Outer Worlds was really a breaking point to lower my standards enough to enjoy reviled Mass Effect Andromeda. Or maybe I had never liked Mass Effect 2-3 enough to be uber butthurt about getting Andromeda instead of ME4.
I don't really see how TOW being awful suddenly makes Andromeda worth playing, aren't they both bad? Or are you actually claiming Andromeda is significantly better than TOW?

Daidre

Arcane
I don't really see how TOW being awful suddenly makes Andromeda worth playing, aren't they both bad? Or are you actually claiming Andromeda is significantly better than TOW?

It is exactly what I claim. Cain and Boyarsky are indeed ended up making worse game than fucking Andromeda. Bioware's "masterpiece" is mediocre but playable when TOW is awful to the point of offensive.

I would really like to have some other sci fi RPG (or anything vaguely RPG-ish) released in last decade so I could point out how much both Andromeda and TOW suck in comparison but alas I know none(

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom