Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Untitled-1.png

(why is this not an official Codex troll?)
Probably because only Codexers and not developers are portrayed as trolls.

Codex Year of the Donut
All the same issues and worse can be said about DAI, but that got GOTY and a bunch of expansions and got sucked off by the gaming media.
MEA was one of the first games taken down by the 'youtube effect' where a bunch of content creators shit on a game nonstop using cherrypicked scenes rather than actual nuance and insightful critiques for easy views.
MEA had a lot of issues, but most of the common complaints people bring up are ones I didn't even experience when I played it. Easier to just post pictures of "my face hurts" than discuss why so much was lacking in creativity and originality when designing a game set in a new galaxy.
Bioware is equally to blame for just abandoning it after it shipped. Seriously, fuck them, the game basically ends on a major cliffhanger.

--
But yes, MEA is better than Outerworlds. I don't even think it's close. MEA had genuinely fun combat due to its Frostbite heritage, and the planet exploration parts were actually fun and obviously heavily inspired by ME1.
Outerworlds, I have trouble thinking of anything positive to say about it at all.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Even without all the bad animations, soyboy MC and cringy NPCs, MEA was just boring. I was the first ME and second Bioware game (first was DAI) I didn't even finished. I wasn't angry like with ME3 or DA2 (that I both finished at least once). I just stopped playing, maybe laugh at some YT compilations and moved on.

Caim

Arcane
Citadel DLC is cool.
But Leviathan DLC is something more.
The atmosphere of the walk up to Leviathan at the very end of the DLC is one of the most atmospheric set pieces in the entire game. Too bad that it's a very short segment.

Tyrr

Liturgist
From all the DLC I played, Shadowbroker was the best. Didn't played any ME3 ones. I was so disgusted after playing it once, never touched that shit again.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Only 4% sabotaged the genophage cure? That is so lame. Enjoy getting overrun by gazillions of krogan, dumbasses.

Also, there's a 14% increase of Femshep players since 2013.

TvwYEyP.png

Last edited:

Kaivokz

Arcane
Outerworlds, I have trouble thinking of anything positive to say about it at all.
Playing low int not only gives you dumb options, but unlocks a high-IQ choice: fly your spaceship into the sun and completely bypass the final shitty area.

It also lets you Zapp Brannigan by turning down all responsibility for a bowl of ice cream at the end, which is tonally much more inline with the rest of the game.

J1M

Arcane
Interesting how so few people play sentinels, adepts or engineers. What's so bad about these?
Sentinels are a defensive/support class in a game that requires you to be the tip of the spear. Also, due to poor design, other classes have more companion buffing ability through ammo powers.

Infiltrators have the same skills as an Engineer, but can also do more damage, turn invisible, and use a sniper rifle.

Adepts are strong, but not until high level, so they are generally a bad choice unless you are playing an imported character or new game+.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom