Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Camel

Scholar
It probably wasn't. Things got pretty crazy on the old BSN.
I don't know, at least nobody on BSN showed his ass on forums or exchanged dick pics. 2010s were a better time anyway. BSN still had it's fair share of degenerates, homosexuals and rabid feminists.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
-
hqdefault.jpg

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I torrented this shit and played it again. None of these games are good. All three of them SUCKED. First game was a clunky piece of shit; though it did have some good quests, besides the shooty bangy stuff which had you use cover system that didn't work ninety percent of the time. Second game was just unbearable. How in god's name did Biofags delete the RPG systems from the first game? Customizable armor, guns, ability upgrades - all sliced in the sequel. Also, I really hate how the second game railroaded you. Why the hell do I have to work for Cerebus? Admiral Kahoku died investigating those cunts. Did my Shepard somehow forget that important quest. Very stupid how I don't have an option to tell Illusive man to go fuck himself and go lone wolf. RPG my ass. Don't even get me started on the final boss either. A human reaper? Human. Reaper. What in god's name was that all about? I felt so stupid when I saw that crap. Like playing this game made me irrefutably retarded. Minus one hundred IQ points for Pink Eye!

Finally, the third game. I didn't actually play this shit, lmao. That tutorial telling me you have to use cover and pop back up to shoot at enemies. Reminded me of that popamole meme on here. Then there's that blue alien bitch that everyone fawns about telling me, "OMG! Shepard! Turns out everything we need to know about defeating the reapers is on Mars". Then I was like *facepalm*. How the hell did you miss that in THREE fucking games; her reasoning for why we somehow missed it even though blue skin bitch was researching the reapers AND has the database of Shadow Broker at her disposal - It was so bad I just couldn't after that. So I quite, uninstalled, then soaked my head in dirty toilet water, repeatedly! Until I finally got common sense!

I can't believe there used to be a time where teenager me liked these games. Bleh. Oh yeah. These games required so many fan mods to even work. On top of being bad games. This is a lazy pc port.

jackofshadows

Magister
I torrented this shit and played it again. None of these games are good. All three of them SUCKED. First game was a clunky piece of shit; though it did have some good quests, besides the shooty bangy stuff which had you use cover system that didn't work ninety percent of the time. Second game was just unbearable. How in god's name did Biofags delete the RPG systems from the first game? Customizable armor, guns, ability upgrades - all sliced in the sequel. Also, I really hate how the second game railroaded you. Why the hell do I have to work for Cerebus? Admiral Kahoku died investigating those cunts. Did my Shepard somehow forget that important quest. Very stupid how I don't have an option to tell Illusive man to go fuck himself and go lone wolf. RPG my ass. Don't even get me started on the final boss either. A human reaper? Human. Reaper. What in god's name was that all about? I felt so stupid when I saw that crap. Like playing this game made me irrefutably retarded. Minus one hundred IQ points for Pink Eye!

Finally, the third game. I didn't actually play this shit, lmao. That tutorial telling me you have to use cover and pop back up to shoot at enemies. Reminded me of that popamole meme on here. Then there's that blue alien bitch that everyone fawns about telling me, "OMG! Shepard! Turns out everything we need to know about defeating the reapers is on Mars". Then I was like *facepalm*. How the hell did you miss that in THREE fucking games; her reasoning for why we somehow missed it even though blue skin bitch was researching the reapers AND has the database of Shadow Broker at her disposal - It was so bad I just couldn't after that. So I quite, uninstalled, then soaked my head in dirty toilet water, repeatedly! Until I finally got common sense!

I can't believe there used to be a time where teenager me liked these games. Bleh. Oh yeah. These games required so many fan mods to even work. On top of being bad games. This is a lazy pc port.
You're looking for stuff that simply isn't there. It's like complaining about capeshit. That's why I easily consider 3 as the best: the best gameplay (and it might be non-popamole, at least not 100%, vanguard especially) + the best drama/fun moments. Just a silly entertainment.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
You're looking for stuff that simply isn't there. It's like complaining about capeshit. That's why I easily consider 3 as the best: the best gameplay (and it might be non-popamole, at least not 100%, vanguard especially) + the best drama/fun moments. Just a silly entertainment.
I guess you're right. Couldn't really punch through the third game cause of how streamlined the games got - which I didn't even think was possible after the second game.

Lemming42

Arcane

ME3 is not bad. Depending on how much you actually cared about the setting in ME1 (I didn't, really), ME3 is arguably the best in the series - gameplay works better than ever, the story is bad but competently "cinematic" and with a couple of genuinely good moments. Sidequests are actually fleshed out and have little stories and decently-made combat encounters as opposed to ME1's identical planets where nothing happens. The DLCs are fun too, Leviathan feels a little bit like a forgettable mid-season Star Trek story (in other words, better than almost everything else in Mass Effect).

ME2 is really bad though, you can see my playthrough comments from a few pages ago. I like it less and less the more I think about it. ME3 is still stupid Michael Bay shit but it's nowhere near as dumb as ME2, which seemed to have actually been written by retards. The game is actually rancid on every level, the writing is abysmal, the combat is abysmal, the characters are beyond irritating, and to top it all off, ME2 Shepard is supremely unlikeable. A game where you play as an arsehole in a world of arseholes who goes on boring adventures that always devolve into really stiff, poor combat. Great.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Citadel would've been good had the companions not been cardboard cutouts. I try to be more positive about games these days, but there's almost no positivity to be squeezed out of ME's writing, lol. ME3 Jack is probably the most human out of all of them and the only person I'd actually want in my friend circle irl.

Lemming42

Arcane
I like the Omega DLC too, it sort of offers a glimpse into what the whole series should arguably have been - fun shootouts in interesting arenas with cool characters, and the occasional very broad morality choice which influences the outcome of the adventure.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
For companions. I honestly didn't like how they kept introducing new companions in each game - especially the third game where this is supposed to be the climax of the series; who the fuck was that Latino guy? I don't know. It felt so weird.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Citadel would've been good had the companions not been cardboard cutouts. I try to be more positive about games these days, but there's almost no positivity to be squeezed out of ME's writing, lol. ME3 Jack is probably the most human out of all of them and the only person I'd actually want in my friend circle irl.
Is that your dominatrix kink showing? Jack is one of the most unpleasant characters in the series.

For companions. I honestly didn't like how they kept introducing new companions in each game - especially the third game where this is supposed to be the climax of the series; who the fuck was that Latino guy? I don't know. It felt so weird.
That's what happens when almost everyone is killable in the first two games of a trilogy.

Lemming42

Arcane
Jack comes across really well in her ME3 mission, and the VA is much better in that role (though she did a fantastic job in ME2 as well, because nobody could have made such cringeworthy lines sound good). It's bullshit because it's not in any way clear how she changed so radically to the point of being essentially a different character, but she does come across as very warm and friendly, if you ignore her entire previous characterisation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom