Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Vatnik Wumao
Oh, I also think it's going to be fun to go to brothels with him and fuck chicks together. I like to pretend that is what he and male Hawke do if they are in a relationship ;d
Sorry, bro. He's too busy whining about the Chantry and its treatment of mages.

Codex Year of the Donut
his personality in 2 is nothing like it was in awakening
probably because it was originally Velanna who was meant to be in 2, not Anders

Padzi

Arbiter
Old ME:
225810e9ef277ecd5901c76e4d090c32146f86c1.jpg

Remaster:
eb2802126f7303d4f6219497f0c9f7049a574f97.jpg

I thought consensus among feminists was that femspreading was good and helped women assert dominance over men?

Padzi

Arbiter
So to remind everyone I'm posting all the options that were available during the vote. And we really dodged a bullet. The voting was really close and option 4 almost won.

ob7grw8i51z51.png

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
So to remind everyone I'm posting all the options that were available during the vote. And we really dodged a bullet. The voting was really close and option 4 almost won.

ob7grw8i51z51.png

4 and 6 actually look like women tho, 4 should have won by a large margin with a skin tone option :P

Padzi

Arbiter
Option number 6 was created based on somebody's cosplay.
People totally blew this option off and it ended up as dead last. On top of that there were jokes that Addams Family came to town.
I tried to find that cosplay but the internet is too big and it was like 10 years ago.

Terra

Cipher
Why is it so hard for Bileware to make a decent default femshep?

Because good looking women invite male gaze, so you will see less and less of attractive female characters in AAA Western games.

Just going to https://www.facesofgaming.com/mass-effect-2 you can see better looking femsheps then what "professionals" made.
Indeed, BioWare is stuck between a rock and a tranny place at the moment. On the one hand, you've got to push that female-focused agenda, gotta get femshep on all the marketing materials whilst simultaneously uggo'ing her up and removing any "sexy" camera angles because naturally, you're locked in an eternal holy war with patriarchy. Problem is taking a hatchet to the face of your default female lead that you're trying to push won't help sell that product nor endear anyone to the character, so nobody wins in the end. Bio are too far invested into their "butch, bulldyke with buzzcut = female romance interest for straight male" attempt to reprogram their male audience to turn back now, so these sorts of revisions should come as little surprise.

I played through both ME1 & ME2 as both genders, but when it came to ME3, Meer's monotone voice acting just finally broke me and I only ever made it to the end of ME3 with femshep, whose VA did a far superior job imo, but they're just butchering her face here. This whole thing just reminds me of when they screwed with the characters facial features in the FFX remaster and they just looked off to anyone who played the original games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom