Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Orion Remake ? :O

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Screens show "automate" button, I think they might add some variety as to "automate" manage entire systems, calling it "governors" or such. They advertized the ability to unite several planets into one economy after all.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The problem with this is that all of the major tablet platforms have incompatible development platforms. Shockingly, Microsoft tablets are the best-suited for video game adaptations.
That's just nonsense.

There are so many cross-platform engines and toolkits that realizing a game on several platforms at once has become really, really easy.
Of course, if you are so silly to rely excusively on DirectX and other MS tools, you will have a hard time porting. But then you deserve that pain.

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
That's just nonsense.

There are so many cross-platform engines and toolkits that realizing a game on several platforms at once has become really, really easy.
Of course, if you are so silly to rely excusively on DirectX and other MS tools, you will have a hard time porting. But then you deserve that pain.

You know, my bad. I wasn't even thinking about the various engines, but instead the development languages which are different across the various tablet platforms. I never develop using MS technologies (I was referring to Java which happens to run on Windows tablets), but I guess you could get cross-platform capability with some engine and using Microsoft's C#. That's something I would never do which is why it didn't immediately occur to me.

Good point.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My personal recommendation for cross-platform games would be Haxe + OpenFL.
Not a complete toolkit like Unity, but you get far more control... plus you don't have to use Unity, and it's free.
Downside: 3D is relatively new (but usable!).

But... let's not derail this too much ;)

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
12238399_826397324148493_6417090144991196749_o.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Btw I don't know if it's news or not, but in recent interview with Wargaming about tenks, original designer of tenks said that Chris Taylor's branch in Seattle is working on some cool project. Since he made Total Annihilation might also be one more strategy game under WG's wing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom