Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Me want SPazmo and Saint back

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by POOPERSCOOPER, Dec 21, 2006.

?

Who is better?

1. Saint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Vault Dweller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Connie Chung

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. John Yossarian Cipher

John Yossarian
    From reading older threads, it seems the codex has always had it's share of retarded posters, but before there was hope and interesting discussions to cancel them out. These things won't be brought back by banning anyone.

^ Top  
  2. Jason chasing a bee

Jason
    I suggest we ban John Yossarian.

^ Top  
  3. roguefrog Liturgist

roguefrog
    RPG Codex feeling nostalgic? Never...

^ Top  
  4. sheek Arbiter

sheek
    Saint_Proverbius for sure. I don't think he's dead but if he was he wouldn't be, he will live forever in our souls.

edit:
    Looking at the poll makes me sad. Who would have thought VD is already so powerful...

^ Top  
  5. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    I can't believe that myself. 31 people have voted for me! [borat] Great success! [/borat]

*rolls eyes*

^ Top  
  6. sheek Arbiter

sheek
    Just fucking with you VD. You make a good replacement for Saint.

^ Top  
  7. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    I wish I didn't have to replace anyone. It was a better site when Saint and Spazmo were around.

^ Top  
  8. Ladonna Arcane

Ladonna
    Does anyone REALLY know what happened to them/ Where they are?

If so, can they shed any light on it?

^ Top  
  9. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Spazmo is alive and well, and he posted on the previous page. After covering RPGs for the last 3 years, he lost his will to live, so he's undergoing all kinda treatments like booze, drugs, and cheap hookers. If the hookers fail to help him, nothing will.

^ Top  
  10. The_Nameless_Prick Scholar

The_Nameless_Prick
    So, what's keeping you in the loop, Vaultlourn?

^ Top  
  11. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Honestly? There is nobody else and I'm too old and responsible to leave the site, merely hoping that it will be ok somehow. Role-Player is doing great so far, if he lasts 6 months posting regularly and showing the same zeal he's showing now, then at least we'd have an option. In other words, we'll see.

^ Top  
  12. StraitLacedDeviant Erudite

StraitLacedDeviant
    This thread is like an obituary, wheres all the urine and acidic food condiment?

^ Top  
  13. The_Nameless_Prick Scholar

The_Nameless_Prick
    If the Codex is truly "dead", why not just close the site? maybe I could kill time doing more enlightening activities, huh? Seriously, if the Codex dies, it's good bye for gaming on my part, which might be a good thing.

^ Top  
  14. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    While I'm not always happy with everything VD does (like the whole Oblivion vs. Gothic dreck) I think we should appreciate what he currently does for this site, mainly keeping it alive. Also
    the a bunch of well done interviews which truly enrich the content of this site.

Would be truly sad if the codex died, and I personly am thankful VD is keeping it alive for the moment.
    More variations in the newspost, stoping this gothic 3 vs. oblivion bullshit and I'd be perfectly happy with VD work here. (Aside from his writing sometimes, but Im no native english speaker either, and compared to VD my english is shit so I wont judge on him about that)

Also it must be hard for someone who is like the last bastion here keeping the whole site runninh, while all others have left, died or are not really posting very often anymore (DU) to take all the whining and criticism, although as mentioned some of it is justified.

Dont let the codex die!

^ Top  
  15. kingcomrade Kingcomrade Edgy

kingcomrade
    Another well-populated forum without retarded power drunk mods and at least some minimum of intelligent (or at least interesting) discussion would be nearly impossible to find, I think.

^ Top  
  16. MINIGUNWIELDER Scholar

MINIGUNWIELDER
    For Russ, For The Wolftime!

I shall wait for The RPG Genre/when I have Satelite Broadband(can you please look at the legal conditions for this provider? www.wildblue.com)/when a D&D/Shadowrun/Boardgaming(Arkham Horror)/Otherwise Nerdy Group. is reasonably nearby

Voss/Rosh/DaC peoples/Saint need/s to maek moar poasts.

Also, we need to play some gaems, I propose a seperate forum for organising intarnet playings of certain electronical gamings
    I nominate Tribes/T2 without UR.

^ Top  
  17. HardCode Erudite

HardCode
    So where is Saint, really? Just tired of the forum?

^ Top  
  18. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    As has been stated many times he is dead.
    His wife even allegedly posted it in IRC. Dead. Dead!!

[Insert Dead Parrot joke]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Diogo Ribeiro Erudite

Diogo Ribeiro
    Saint's gone undercover as a janitor over at Bethesda to try and foil their plans for Fallout 3. When you hear the news about how a lone janitor crashed against Bethsoft's offices in an explosive-laden hand glider, stand up and salute your national hero.

^ Top  
  20. FrancoTAU Cipher

FrancoTAU
    He's just using his alt account, kingcomrade, these days.

^ Top  
  21. Gnidrologist CONDUCTOR

Gnidrologist
    No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

^ Top  
  22. Texas Red Whiner

Texas Red
    Did his wife tell how he died?

^ Top  
  23. POOPERSCOOPER Prophet

POOPERSCOOPER
    He overdosed on beans.

^ Top  
  24. EvoG Erudite

EvoG
    He overdosed on Krispy Kreme, no really...I joked with him, calling him my sugar booger, and sure enough, thats exactly what did him in, right Poopsie?

^ Top  
  25. Atrokkus Erudite

Atrokkus
    Can't see what all this fuss is all about. For the site to survive we only need someone to pay for hosting and domainname, and that's it. There's no need to maintain the forum -- no need to ban anyone and the mass topic spamming is not very frequent (an emergency actually), you dont need to direct the discussion anywhere because that's what main posters should do.

Well yeah, news is a good thing and it's stimulating discussion a great deal, but then again it's not completely a must for the forums and community as a whole to survive. Features - even more so. There was a time when features were rare but that didn't turn everything upside down. Dont get me wrong, the features are great, but hey -- aren't we having similarily great and consummate features on forums (at least used to)?: Check the monkey thread.

So I think you're just a buncha pussies to say something like that.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.