Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Me want SPazmo and Saint back

Who is better?

• Saint

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vault Dweller

• Connie Chung

• Total voters

John Yossarian

Magister
From reading older threads, it seems the codex has always had it's share of retarded posters, but before there was hope and interesting discussions to cancel them out. These things won't be brought back by banning anyone.

sheek

Arbiter
Saint_Proverbius for sure. I don't think he's dead but if he was he wouldn't be, he will live forever in our souls.

edit:
Looking at the poll makes me sad. Who would have thought VD is already so powerful...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
sheek said:
Looking at the poll makes me sad. Who would have thought VD is already so powerful...
I can't believe that myself. 31 people have voted for me! [borat] Great success! [/borat]

*rolls eyes*

Vault Dweller

Developer
I wish I didn't have to replace anyone. It was a better site when Saint and Spazmo were around.

Ladonna

Arcane
Does anyone REALLY know what happened to them/ Where they are?

If so, can they shed any light on it?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Spazmo is alive and well, and he posted on the previous page. After covering RPGs for the last 3 years, he lost his will to live, so he's undergoing all kinda treatments like booze, drugs, and cheap hookers. If the hookers fail to help him, nothing will.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Honestly? There is nobody else and I'm too old and responsible to leave the site, merely hoping that it will be ok somehow. Role-Player is doing great so far, if he lasts 6 months posting regularly and showing the same zeal he's showing now, then at least we'd have an option. In other words, we'll see.

If the Codex is truly "dead", why not just close the site? maybe I could kill time doing more enlightening activities, huh? Seriously, if the Codex dies, it's good bye for gaming on my part, which might be a good thing.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Vault Dweller said:
Honestly? There is nobody else and I'm too old and responsible to leave the site, merely hoping that it will be ok somehow. Role-Player is doing great so far, if he lasts 6 months posting regularly and showing the same zeal he's showing now, then at least we'd have an option. In other words, we'll see.

While I'm not always happy with everything VD does (like the whole Oblivion vs. Gothic dreck) I think we should appreciate what he currently does for this site, mainly keeping it alive. Also
the a bunch of well done interviews which truly enrich the content of this site.

Would be truly sad if the codex died, and I personly am thankful VD is keeping it alive for the moment.
More variations in the newspost, stoping this gothic 3 vs. oblivion bullshit and I'd be perfectly happy with VD work here. (Aside from his writing sometimes, but Im no native english speaker either, and compared to VD my english is shit so I wont judge on him about that)

Also it must be hard for someone who is like the last bastion here keeping the whole site runninh, while all others have left, died or are not really posting very often anymore (DU) to take all the whining and criticism, although as mentioned some of it is justified.

Dont let the codex die!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Another well-populated forum without retarded power drunk mods and at least some minimum of intelligent (or at least interesting) discussion would be nearly impossible to find, I think.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Jasede said:
What we really need is... anticipation... As was stated earlier, RPG-discussions flourished when there were things to be discussed... but right now? There's nothing at the horizon the catch interest; there's no light at the end of this dark tunnel of RPG decline. Maybe things will change for the better when AoD is released and we can bitch about it. Because that's what the Codex does best: bitching, in a humorous and usually, for the target, enlightening manner.

But still, I don't think the Codex is in a decline. Sure, there are the waves of ESFites... there is the occasional furry faggotry; guilty as charged. There are mostly pointless threads...

...and yet...

...as long as RPGs continue to suck donkey balls...
...as long as Todd Howard spreads his vile demonseed...
...as long as junk is being produced...

...we'll exist; ready to thrash whatever hellspawn the industry throws at us; eagerly slaying whatever vile demon rises up from the cesspits of Bethesda. United we stand against the torrent of RPG-travesty. We are here, to treasure the memory of better days and to teach all those who dare to enter this venerable place how to make real RPGs.

For Russ, For The Wolftime!

I shall wait for The RPG Genre/when I have Satelite Broadband(can you please look at the legal conditions for this provider? www.wildblue.com)/when a D&D/Shadowrun/Boardgaming(Arkham Horror)/Otherwise Nerdy Group. is reasonably nearby

Voss/Rosh/DaC peoples/Saint need/s to maek moar poasts.

Also, we need to play some gaems, I propose a seperate forum for organising intarnet playings of certain electronical gamings
I nominate Tribes/T2 without UR.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
As has been stated many times he is dead.
His wife even allegedly posted it in IRC. Dead. Dead!!

[Insert Dead Parrot joke]

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Saint's gone undercover as a janitor over at Bethesda to try and foil their plans for Fallout 3. When you hear the news about how a lone janitor crashed against Bethsoft's offices in an explosive-laden hand glider, stand up and salute your national hero.

Texas Red

Whiner
Jasede said:
As has been stated many times he is dead.
His wife even allegedly posted it in IRC. Dead. Dead!!

[Insert Dead Parrot joke]

Did his wife tell how he died?

EvoG

Erudite
He overdosed on Krispy Kreme, no really...I joked with him, calling him my sugar booger, and sure enough, thats exactly what did him in, right Poopsie?

Atrokkus

Erudite
Can't see what all this fuss is all about. For the site to survive we only need someone to pay for hosting and domainname, and that's it. There's no need to maintain the forum -- no need to ban anyone and the mass topic spamming is not very frequent (an emergency actually), you dont need to direct the discussion anywhere because that's what main posters should do.

Well yeah, news is a good thing and it's stimulating discussion a great deal, but then again it's not completely a must for the forums and community as a whole to survive. Features - even more so. There was a time when features were rare but that didn't turn everything upside down. Dont get me wrong, the features are great, but hey -- aren't we having similarily great and consummate features on forums (at least used to)?: Check the monkey thread.

So I think you're just a buncha pussies to say something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom