Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries by Piranha Games - now on Steam and GOG

Cael

Arcane
Compare that with a Jenner or a Spider. A Javelin has average speed for a light 'mech.

I'm in a shadowhawk now, I put an AC10 on it. I wish it could kick and punch, but that's a general issue with all mechwarrior titles. The extra 100 metres in range from the AC10 is nice, and the game seems a little less twitchy.

I did a "multi-mission" quest thing, basically the Capellans asked me to investigate some message. It was just the same as the regular pre-gen missions, though; they just strung two generic missions together and awarded me a bonus prize for completing them. If these missions don't start offering some substance, I'm going to downgrade this from MW4 lite to just pure shit.
You can charge and DFA in MW2 and 3. 4 removed it, I think. But, yeah, kicking was my main method of taking out enemy 'mechs in the tabletop. Run in a 7/11/7 50 tonner with TSM activated and you can leg just about anyone with one shot.

Cael

Arcane
Does this game succeed at all in living up to the nostalgia of Mechwarrior 2 - Ghost Bear's Legacy? at least with the DLCs?
giphy.gif

Retardo

Learned
Tried it, its funny how it is both shitty and not shitty at the same time.
Basically, much of it is shit, but compared to HBS Battletech, its decent:dealwithit:

4 removed it
false. it was only very very hard to pull (for no other reason than shitty hitboxes i suppose) and not worth it because you severely damaged your legs for a comparably small amount of damage. even worse, if you killed the opponent most of the times you'd kill yourself because every kill brought 100% engine explosion.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Compare that with a Jenner or a Spider. A Javelin has average speed for a light 'mech.

I'm in a shadowhawk now, I put an AC10 on it. I wish it could kick and punch, but that's a general issue with all mechwarrior titles. The extra 100 metres in range from the AC10 is nice, and the game seems a little less twitchy.

I did a "multi-mission" quest thing, basically the Capellans asked me to investigate some message. It was just the same as the regular pre-gen missions, though; they just strung two generic missions together and awarded me a bonus prize for completing them. If these missions don't start offering some substance, I'm going to downgrade this from MW4 lite to just pure shit.
You can charge and DFA in MW2 and 3. 4 removed it, I think. But, yeah, kicking was my main method of taking out enemy 'mechs in the tabletop. Run in a 7/11/7 50 tonner with TSM activated and you can leg just about anyone with one shot.
What 50 ton mech has a 350XL and TSM? Are you fucking around with customs in TT?

Cael

Arcane

What 50 ton mech has a 350XL and TSM? Are you fucking around with customs in TT?
Someone has never played real Battletech, it seems.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected

You bring customs to my table I'll boot your ass from the store, munchkin. The only 7/11 50-tonners I can even think of off the top of my head are the Blitzkrieg and Legionnaire. Neither has TSM last I checked, and neither has 3 and a half tons of jump jets.

Cael

Arcane

You bring customs to my table I'll boot your ass from the store, munchkin. The only 7/11 50-tonners I can even think of off the top of my head are the Blitzkrieg and Legionnaire. Neither has TSM last I checked, and neither has 3 and a half tons of jump jets.
Bwahahaha! Look at the little dramafag trying to force people to only play a game his way because he is too stupid to play the game as intended. All those rules on making your own 'mechs is too difficult for the IQ0 dogfucker to understand, so he tries to act tough and ban them all. Hysterical!

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected

Bwahahaha! Look at the little dramafag trying to force people to only play a game his way because he is too stupid to play the game as intended. All those rules on making your own 'mechs is too difficult for the IQ0 dogfucker to understand, so he tries to act tough and ban them all. Hysterical!
I can load up REMLAB and slap together utter monsters that'd make your little custom use that movement profile to get the fuck off my home planet, it's not difficult you stupid nigger. Enjoy your BV sink that gets you stink-eyed at a reputable table for being too much of a queer to stick with appropriate unit loadout/comp.

Cael

Arcane

I can load up REMLAB and slap together utter monsters that'd make your little custom use that movement profile to get the fuck off my home planet, it's not difficult you stupid nigger. Enjoy your BV sink that gets you stink-eyed at a reputable table for being too much of a queer to stick with appropriate unit loadout/comp.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever, crybaby. I am sure there will be someone out there who cares about the poor little boy and how S-M-A-T you are.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever, crybaby. I am sure there will be someone out there who cares about the poor little boy and how S-M-A-T you are.
Die mad, munchkin.

Back on thread subject, have any of the modders figured out how to do custom campaigns now that the DLC dropped? Figure it's only a matter of time, since they've already taken the MW5M engine and started turning it into the next MWLL.

lightbane

Arcane
you're not from this planet, are you vincent?
humanity would be at war for a reason to be at war.
The issue IMO is that there's way too many examples of someone going full retard and fucking up the setting for everyone, every time. Also, the ones in charge of communications are a nightmarish merge of the Adeptus Mechanicus and mudslimes who ensure only they keep the best toys, so things are already doomed from the start.
What's funny though is that most BTech fans are invariably bitter and stupidly aggressive old men.

Why do you all need to be so toxic

See above.

Cael

Arcane
you're not from this planet, are you vincent?
humanity would be at war for a reason to be at war.
The issue IMO is that there's way too many examples of someone going full retard and fucking up the setting for everyone, every time. Also, the ones in charge of communications are a nightmarish merge of the Adeptus Mechanicus and mudslimes who ensure only they keep the best toys, so things are already doomed from the start.
What's funny though is that most BTech fans are invariably bitter and stupidly aggressive old men.
Classic BTech fans had a great setting and a good system in place. Then came the woketards, dramafags and millennial fucks that ruined everything. Dark Age sounds like something that came out of an incestuous paedophile's wet dreams, for example. Why should they not be bitter and angry?

lightbane

Arcane
good system in place.
Good system? I vaguely remember reading the rules and finding them overtly complex, but that may be because it was a product of the 80s.

Then came the woketards, dramafags and millennial fucks that ruined everything. Dark Age sounds like something that came out of an incestuous paedophile's wet dreams, for example.

Never had that issue since I mostly played the PC games rather than the base game. If it was as bad as Woketech from HBS, I can understand then.
Speaking of: There's apparently a disturbingly high number of book characters that are deviants in one way or another, from being a Stalin mass-murderer wannabe, to pedobears, to blatant Mary Sues, and potentially worse.
Is that related to the above?

Cael

Arcane
good system in place.
Good system? I vaguely remember reading the rules and finding them overtly complex, but that may be because it was a product of the 80s.

Then came the woketards, dramafags and millennial fucks that ruined everything. Dark Age sounds like something that came out of an incestuous paedophile's wet dreams, for example.

Never had that issue since I mostly played the PC games rather than the base game. If it was as bad as Woketech from HBS, I can understand then.
Speaking of: There's apparently a disturbingly high number of book characters that are deviants in one way or another, from being a Stalin mass-murderer wannabe, to pedobears, to blatant Mary Sues, and potentially worse.
Is that related to the above?
Yes. CBT didn't have that. They had pretty complex characters.

Dark Age is populated by deviants, trannies and paedobears.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Sorry for being late to the party but what is this effect called and how do I get rid of it? I only know it as the dreaded "Elephant Butt Leather" from Elite Dangerous.
unknown.png

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Sorry for being late to the party but what is this effect called and how do I get rid of it? I only know it as the dreaded "Elephant Butt Leather" from Elite Dangerous.
unknown.png
Turn off sharpening and TAA in graphics settings. Should resolve it after a restart of the game.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I basically ignored everything about this game up until today but from what I gathered just now the launch must have been a horrible mess? Those weird artifacts went away after I maxed out AA instead of reducing it. There's still horrible geometry pop in during missions though. Damn.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm not having any issues with popup or artifacts and the reviews on Steam are currently sitting at 73% positive so I would say it was a pretty good launch

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom