Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Memoirs of a Battle Brothel - a NSFW Cyberpunk RPG

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Game's complete. 1.0 coming out September 30th.

This one took a bite out of me.

fb722836ee7324d4277d347945ca869fc77cb35a.png

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Been waiting for the full release to start this although I bought it some time ago. Congrats!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
BTW, are your pages double-spaced or something? I have 130k+ word (720k characters with spaces) manuscripts that, even with chapter breaks, are only in the 400-page range. Just curious how game scripts work!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
BTW, are your pages double-spaced or something? I have 130k+ word (720k characters with spaces) manuscripts that, even with chapter breaks, are only in the 400-page range. Just curious how game scripts work!
A large % are game design docs that don't have wall-to-wall text. If I was writing a novel, this would look different. Even dialogue scripts have much more empty space.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1.0 should be available on Steam now, while the "official" launch will be tomorrow. Also a small sale tomorrow if you want to save 10%.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is itchio purchase going to update to 1.0? I don't serm to have a personal link to any update.

------

Download Memoirs of a Battle Brothel [Early Access]​

View all my purchases
Game page

More
Thank you for purchasing Memoirs of a Battle Brothel [Early Access] by AMemoryofEternity.
You purchased the game on 2022-02-05 01:23:19 for $19.99 with the email @youremailadress This page has a unique URL for your purchase. You can always access the latest files from this page. You should have also received an email with a link to this page. If you ever lose the URL for this page you can request it to be emailed to you from the support page.
This purchase is linked to the account Keighn.
Nothing is available for download yet.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
1.0 should be available on Steam now, while the "official" launch will be tomorrow. Also a small sale tomorrow if you want to save 10%.
where do I type in the discount code RPGCODEX to get an extra 40% off?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is itchio purchase going to update to 1.0? I don't serm to have a personal link to any update.

------

Download Memoirs of a Battle Brothel [Early Access]​

View all my purchases
Game page

More
Thank you for purchasing Memoirs of a Battle Brothel [Early Access] by AMemoryofEternity.
You purchased the game on 2022-02-05 01:23:19 for $19.99 with the email @youremailadress This page has a unique URL for your purchase. You can always access the latest files from this page. You should have also received an email with a link to this page. If you ever lose the URL for this page you can request it to be emailed to you from the support page.
This purchase is linked to the account Keighn.
Nothing is available for download yet.

Itchio is updating now, should have the build live within the hour.

where do I type in the discount code RPGCODEX to get an extra 40% off?

Ew codex.

Ha, I might think about a special for codexers at some point for my next game. Dunno how Steam handles that, will be something I have to look into.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Is there any written down stuff regarding character customization or skill checks?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is there any written down stuff regarding character customization or skill checks?
You mean a guide or a tutorial? I haven't had time to write a full guide, and honestly that's probably something better tackled by a player without my bias.

There are tutorials in-game although their usefulness is probably less than expected (I'm not good at writing tutorials). There are a lot of different facets to character building, and a lot of options to change how your approach to combat will go. I would say my philosophy is to encourage experimentation over obsessive optimization.

Skill checks do play a part in the game but I would not expect it to be on the level of Fallout:NV or similar. It's mostly there to add flavor to character building, rather than a massive gameplay element in its own right.

Also everything is very unbalanced.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
was looking for just basic information like how many skills there are and how is character customization done

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
was looking for just basic information like how many skills there are and how is character customization done
Ah.

There's a lot of skills. As in I forgot how many skills there are across four main classes and like three subclasses each.

Character customization basically works through:

1. Class and subclass
2. Skill check attributes
3. Skills
4. Stats
5. Items

Every level up you increase all your combat stats (standardish array of defense, evasion, HP, melee, ranged, magic, etc), but get to focus three. You also get to learn new skills.

You can increase your skill check "attributes" through trainers you pay in-game and special events (Act/chapter milestones).

Items you can find or buy, some will add new skills.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Game's complete. 1.0 coming out September 30th.

This one took a bite out of me.

fb722836ee7324d4277d347945ca869fc77cb35a.png
Thats more than PS:T!

I dunno about that, according to wikipedia PS:T's script is something like 800k words, which is insane. Additionally, my word count includes game design documents, which isn't included in the game itself.

But yeah, still a lot of work.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
I'm liking it so far, nice setting. I did encounter a first issue already: PC has option "Upgrade Facilitator Room", but that gives me a "Unavailable in demo" text.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm liking it so far, nice setting. I did encounter a first issue already: PC has option "Upgrade Facilitator Room", but that gives me a "Unavailable in demo" text.
Yeah so it's just me not having time to do a final proof of all the places I left those messages (and I left a lot of them). A mistake I know, but I was crunching pretty hard for the end, and I'll remove those messages as they get reported in future patches.

They're either in place for features that got completed, or bonus features (that I was experimenting with) that aren't the in base game and will be added as free content updates.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
We need another AWESOME BUTTON similar to YES! I suggest bill & ted EXCELLENT! w/airguitar.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Really great to have a dev active in here!

Colour me intrigued. Got the MoaBB on steam just now, we'll give it a go.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom