Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So I must advise people with problems like MadMaxHellfire (at least soldiers not being able to see) to install Infinite Heaven. Recently I installed a nice mod that adjusts the view...

ogOerEg.jpg

no dude, you got it completely wrong. it was in cutscenes: a soldier looking below a bed, where you were hiding, and not giving a fuck because "muh drama". you're caught in the midst of a bunch of people, soldiers shooting anyone from both sides but not you because "muh drama". you're told to fake being a corpse, soldiers shooting all the other corpses just to be sure, you're seen clearly moving -during the fucking cutscene- and soldiers not giving a fuck, then they shoot all the other but not you because "muh drama", then retarded deus ex machina appears with the fire golem who shrugs off antitank fire but your masked mate, clearly a supersoldier with years of service as previously shown, thinks it's a good idea to waste 9mm silenced bullets on him.
this is not me having a problem, it's kojima having brain issues. him and all the people praising him.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
no dude, you got it completely wrong. it was in cutscenes: a soldier looking below a bed, where you were hiding, and not giving a fuck because "muh drama". you're caught in the midst of a bunch of people, soldiers shooting anyone from both sides but not you because "muh drama". you're told to fake being a corpse, soldiers shooting all the other corpses just to be sure, you're seen clearly moving -during the fucking cutscene- and soldiers not giving a fuck, then they shoot all the other but not you because "muh drama", then retarded deus ex machina appears with the fire golem who shrugs off antitank fire but your masked mate, clearly a supersoldier with years of service as previously shown, thinks it's a good idea to waste 9mm silenced bullets on him.
this is not me having a problem, it's kojima having brain issues. him and all the people praising him.

Sure but like everyone has said the story in this game is hit or miss and the actual game is what people used to like to play in their videogame.

no, it's not "hit or miss", it's retarded shit. and here i thought "i walk around almost naked because i breathe with my skin, but i'll gladly have a shower, that's totally not like waterboarding to me" was the apex of idiocy. but at least i hoped it was only some dumb excuse for a bit of fanservice, not the whole mood. holy crap, this makes the yakuza series look like kafka.

but it's not insulting to human intelligence. even that ugandan action movie makes more sense than kojima's shit. hell, i might buy a copy of indigo prophecy just to spite him, at least its first chapter was awesome.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I mean you played MGS V first instead of MGS so you should feel bad no matter what. I'm glad you didn't like it. Hehe.

zombra butthurt because i'm having a civil conversation but he's supposed to be ignoring me. he's worthy of being a character by kojima.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
He mentioned Skulls not liking rain so I assumed he stopped after rescuing Miller.

Machocruz

Arcane
As I said before, PP is an achievement in character functionality, but imo the definitive Metal Gear experiences are MG2: Solid Snake*, MGS1*, and 3. MGS1 probably feels the most dated**, mostly due to poor camera placement, but the anime-Tom Clancy+Escape From New York-by-way-of-early-James-Cameron vibe is cool af. Ground Zeroes had a whiff of this and i thought PP would carry it further, but no you are out playing in the dirt most of the time, and Snake Eater did that better. MGS3 is probably the best overall, but I prefer this series taking place in large bases. MG2 is just great as a stealth action game under the limitations of its time. Definitely holds up.

* and by extension, MGS:Ghost Babel which is MG2 gameplay and presentation with MGS1 aesthetic.

**if anyone has played MGS1 recently, I'd like to see your opinion on if/how it holds up.

Terenty

Liturgist
but it's not insulting to human intelligence. even that ugandan action movie makes more sense than kojima's shit. hell, i might buy a copy of indigo prophecy just to spite him, at least its first chapter was awesome.
Dude, playing the last game in the series consisting of 5 entries is not the best idea, don't you think?

That's the whole appeal of Kojima games and MGS in particular. He throws stupid, serious, cringe, drama etc in equal measures often within one scene. Did you see the camera zoom in on the ass crack of your buddy while soldiers where massacring innocent people in the hospital? Do you think it was part of "muh drama" too?

If you wanna play MGS games i recommend starting with MGS1 on PS1 emulator and then go from there.

Psquit

Arcane
**if anyone has played MGS1 recently, I'd like to see your opinion on if/how it holds up.

Depends, on some parts it holds up. I was hook from the start the twists are really good. the bosses are hard but fair. Some of the puzzles are ughhh (the card one). overall I'll give it a 4/5.

Testownia

As I said before, PP is an achievement in character functionality, but imo the definitive Metal Gear experiences are MG2: Solid Snake*, MGS1*, and 3. MGS1 probably feels the most dated**, mostly due to poor camera placement, but the anime-Tom Clancy+Escape From New York-by-way-of-early-James-Cameron vibe is cool af. Ground Zeroes had a whiff of this and i thought PP would carry it further, but no you are out playing in the dirt most of the time, and Snake Eater did that better. MGS3 is probably the best overall, but I prefer this series taking place in large bases. MG2 is just great as a stealth action game under the limitations of its time. Definitely holds up.

* and by extension, MGS:Ghost Babel which is MG2 gameplay and presentation with MGS1 aesthetic.

Metal Gear Solid is the most overrated piece of shit I've played in recent memory:
1. Not even really a stealth game, first and foremost. The "stealth mechanics" are EXTREMELY simplistic. Friendly reminder this came out the same year as Thief: The Dark Project, so age is no excuse.
2. Extremely short and linear.
3. Constantly interrupted by cutscenes.
4. Terrible writing; characters constantly repeating the same bits of information.
5. Awful level design - basically a set of corridors.
6. The entire plot is based on the fact that Kojima didn't understand the basics of genetics, and was too stupid/arrogant to check/ask someone.
7. Plagiarised main theme and several other pieces of score, so even music isn't a saving grace.

Anyone claiming that this game "aged well" has nostalgia goggles as thick as jars.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom