Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro 2033

MetalCraze

Arcane
Eat more sausages at once and it's a pretty fast heal.

Tails

Arbiter
I don't remember how it was in SoC. In CoP spaming F4 for Sausages/Bread/tin is pointless, since their healing rate don't sum up and it's slow. You would have to wait until the first one ends healing you up then use another one. Still, it's pretty silly to do that, since you have Medikits in game that heal up much faster.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wait what? It's a multiplatform too?
Guess that also means very slooooooowwwwwwww enemies... in a shooter.

And indeed. Those lizards or whatever just keep standing in one place and barely moving while player and his companion stuff them with bullets. Meh.

Tails

Arbiter
I was looking for some info about Metro 2033 and found this:

On February 19 THQ and Valve announced the game is to feature the latter's Steamworks software and DRM. This will give Metro 2033 achievements, Steam support for in-game DLC and auto-updating.
...and forgot about the game.

LazyD

Liturgist
Will I be the first codexian to install it in 20m21s ?

LazyD

Liturgist
aw fuck its not cracked yet... it'll be a day or two : \

MetalCraze

Arcane
Melcar said:
The console version got 9/10.

I've tried playing Bad Company 2 just for teh lulz. What a boring piece of shit, it's even more dumbed down and worse than console games of 2 years ago - and it strikes every fucking stereotype there is about consoletards. They even have quest compass markers every 30 m literally in a linear corridor. WTF (and that's with "hint system" turned OFF hahaha)

And it's considered a major hit on consoles.
Considering that Metro 2033 is being done by the same guys who did a boring abomination that was Stalker - the game probably is even shittier.

Melcar

Arcane
Stalker was pretty cool, despite being shit. Can't imagine what a shittier Stalker clone may be like tough. Shit obviously, but there are many kinds of shit.

Gerrard

Arcane
Halfway not removed from an inventory right now.

Apparently the game DOES use a modified (stolen) XRay engine. It also apparently runs like shit despite being set in tunnels. r00fles!

LazyD

Liturgist
It does run like shit.

This is the most linear thing I've played in a long time too. Fucking tunnel after tunnel.

No C&C at all.

I read somewhere that it would have some RPG elements. None found so far. Whoever said that can eat shit.

So far I rather replay FO3 Vanilla TBH and FO3 almost drove me to spoon my own eyes out.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How does it compare to STALKER (never mind the mystical RPG elements)? at least that series had some openness and good atmosphere. Does Metro 2033 lack even those?

@ Gerrard: THQ distributed STALKER didn't they? if so I doubt they "stole" Xray.

Melcar

Arcane
So, is it "better" than say, Stalker CoP? I'm transferring a bunch of hentai at the moment, so I'm reluctant to waste time on something that is most likely shit.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Melcar said:
So, is it "better" than say, Stalker CoP? I'm transferring a bunch of hentai at the moment, so I'm reluctant to waste time on something that is most likely shit.
If it's not better than Stalker then it must truly be the worst piece of shit game in existence.

Tails

Arbiter
Well one of A4 Games founder was main programmer of SoC.

Zed said:
If it's not better than Stalker then it must truly be the worst piece of shit game in existence.
Care to elaborate why CoP is the worst piece of shit, or you are just still butthurt about unrealistic HP?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Gerrard said:
Yeah, distributed. I don't see how that would give them any rights to the engine, not to mention it's not THQ making the game.
It doesn't automatically give them any rights but it's not hard to imagine a similar situation to Bioware/Interplay/Infinity Engine. I'm sure GCSC and the other STALKER distributor (Deep Silver?) would be suing THQ if it was really engine theft.

Black Cat

Magister
Color me surprised... it's another eastern european grimdark post apocaliptic faux macho game with palettes made up of lots of browns and grays! This looks like totally fun, nya. :roll:

Gerrard

Arcane
Either all Russians sound the same or they hired all of the actors that also appeared in Stalkers.

The stench of consolitis is all over it. Instead of going to the main menu you start off with a title screen and "Press any key to continue". There's not only no lean, there isn't even a fucking "walk" key. Edit: Oh wait, the walk functionality is still in though, and bindable from the cfg, haha.

The graphic options consist of this

and unless I am missing something, you can't manually change the specific settings, you only have low, normal, high and very high.
And yeah, it runs like shit.

Oh wow, even the global illumination option from Stalker is still in the config, and works. this is XRay through and through. Except dumbed down.

LazyD

Liturgist
Melcar said:

Nothing to see here.. Continue downloading hentai

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom