Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro 2033

Melcar

Arcane
God, that menu makes me sick.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Gerrard said:
and unless I am missing something, you can't manually change the specific settings, you only have low, normal, high and very high.
What the fuck is this shit? so in order to have high quality texture you also have to have shitty motion blur? There's no way to set the advanced options individually?

Twinkle

Liturgist
Gerrard said:
Either all Russians sound the same or they hired all of the actors that also appeared in Stalkers.

The stench of consolitis is all over it. Instead of going to the main menu you start off with a title screen and "Press any key to continue". There's not only no lean, there isn't even a fucking "walk" key. Edit: Oh wait, the walk functionality is still in though, and bindable from the cfg, haha.

The graphic options consist of this

and unless I am missing something, you can't manually change the specific settings, you only have low, normal, high and very high.
And yeah, it runs like shit.

Oh wow, even the global illumination option from Stalker is still in the config, and works. this is XRay through and through. Except dumbed down.

FFS, 9.43 MPIX for fucking shadows! What sort of dumbfuck coded this? Also, no individual graphics options? :FU:

There's no way to set the advanced options individually?

Next-gen game development in action. :spits:

Melcar

Arcane
I'm sure you can on the PC version by way on file editing and console commands.
That menu is pissing me off. Can you guys stop quoting the image?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I was getting a strong Hellgate London vibe from this one...

Awesome promo videos (Hellgate also had awesome promo videos), and shitty derivative subway tunnel gameplay...

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I really do like this one. Recommended.

Runs like a dream on my old single core 3.6 ghz machine with a GT8800 videocart. Game also looks fucking fantastic on high settings and it oozes atmosphere so far. From decrepit stations, the subtle sounds of an accoustic guitar to having to scrounge for any supplies one needs. I'm seriously loving this.

PS: Did need to update drivers, directx and stuff to get it running though. The "demo" that is. Arrr.

crazy_dave

Educated
Guys, tried the game, played it a while, suffers from consolitis aka. IS made for consoles, stupid shit like tap E to pull off a f. gate etc. Menus are also dumbed down, gameplay also. RPG elements??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Stalker is a hardcore rpg compared to this game. Great graphic on high IMHO, but I have a pretty good rig... Good atmosphere... If stalker is linear then I don't know what to say about this. You go from one linear tunel/location to another and shoot things, be it bandits or monsters, then you get to a hub, to trade/do some stupid compas marker quest and go on killing shit in the next tunel etc. It's shitty as a shooting game too, controls don't feel responsive... I didn't get too far in the game though.

Gerrard

Arcane
After playing for a few hours I conclude that the game is good for what it is, if you can get over the technical problems.

Melcar said:
I'm sure you can on the PC version by way on file editing and console commands.
You can't. They aren't in the cfg file, there's really not much in terms of graphics you can change there that isn't in the menu.

Oh yeah, I brought you a picture (taken at 6FPS)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Been playing it for quite some bit now and I must say that this is the best fps I've played in the last few years. It's incredibly atmosphere keeps up all through the game and the level design just adds to it. While many of the levels in between the different hubs/stations feel linear they are in reality filled with detours and hidden nooks and crannies for those who look for them. I just played one where I didn't watch out, fell into an otherwise unremarkable hole and then had to figure out how to escape from a gass filled flooded area, seeing with horror how my gasmask filter was running out, finding a nice new weapon and after all that returning on the path and realising all this was just a hidden route. While nearly choking to death before escaping the gas. This game oozes love from the dialogues you pick up on, the little decisions which you can make, the detail which has been put into the depiction of daily life on the stations and even the combat. Nothing like stealthily eliminating troops and hearing their comrades grow terrified and paranoid or going in with guns blazing and hearing them curse, scream and yell at each other and you. The game has its rough parts (animations sometimes feel stiff and AI can act dull) but it's attention to detail and incredible gameworld and story just keep me going.

Tails

Arbiter
Trash, how the Health situation looks, did they place medikits (I didn't see on any trailer them so far) or it's just next-gen CoD auto-regen health?

Gerrard

Arcane
Fuck the library. Goddamn.
At least they didn't make those things invulnerable, that would've been complete fagotry.

Armacalypse said:
I won't play this if you can't turn of fucking motion blur.
What's the matter? Too next-gen for you?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Another shitty dumbed down console shooter from GSC comrades

Meh

Can't believe Stalker sold enough for them to make a new studio and make another B-class shooter where enemies are either boring melee lizards that just stand waiting until you'll stuff them with bullets and everyone else who isn't much faster than those lizards.

Tails

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
Can't believe Stalker sold enough for them to make a new studio and make another B-class shooter where enemies are either boring melee lizards that just stand waiting until you'll stuff them with bullets and everyone else who isn't much faster than those lizards.
A4 guys (main programmer & designer) left GSC before SoC was released.

Gerrard

Arcane
The irony of skyway: he himself has become banal, shit, boring.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The game runs fine for me. I play it in DX10 on High. My computer is far from high-end. A cheap duo core processor, 4gb ram and a GT8800 running Win 7.

It's at least ten times better than Stalker and one of the most atmospheric games I've played. But being ten times better than Stalker still only puts it in a pretty mediocre position (Stalker was SHIT), and the atmosphere is actually the only thing this game got going for it.

entertainer

Arbiter
Zed said:
The game runs fine for me. I play it in DX10 on High. My computer is far from high-end. A cheap duo core processor, 4gb ram and a GT8800 running Win 7.

It's at least ten times better than Stalker and one of the most atmospheric games I've played. But being ten times better than Stalker still only puts it in a pretty mediocre position (Stalker was SHIT), and the atmosphere is actually the only thing this game got going for it.

[url:17yc38ty]http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1044699#1044699[/url] said:
The chances of me installing another cheap russian shit shooter is null.

:lol:

Still butthurt about stalker i see.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
don't forget to update your zed.txt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom