Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Paul_cz

Arcane
Wow you were had. Garbage cards for insane prices lol
Garbage card that let me enjoy everything without compromises for 2 years and if I wanted to sell it, I could get what I paid for it these days

ADL

Prophet
Exodus is anything but on-rails or overly scripted. You obviously haven't played it, so why comment and make yourself look foolish?
This is true but the scripted stuff reminiscent of previous games were the best parts of Exodus and it had much less of it than 2033 or Last Light. Their open world is fucking boring and it's a shame because Metro's lore is perfect for some sort of A-Life system. Thankfully with STALKER 2 on the horizon, I'll hopefully get my emergent gameplay fix elsewhere.
C9TVgxeWsAEx3cG.jpg:large

Sorry linear games, I was wrong about you!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Garbage card that let me enjoy everything without compromises for 2 years and if I wanted to sell it, I could get what I paid for it these days

If I could actually find a 3070 somehow I'd probably make most of my money back selling my 2070, the way things are.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Exodus is anything but on-rails or overly scripted. You obviously haven't played it, so why comment and make yourself look foolish?
This is true but the scripted stuff reminiscent of previous games were the best parts of Exodus and it had much less of it than 2033 or Last Light. Their open world is fucking boring and it's a shame because Metro's lore is perfect for some sort of A-Life system. Thankfully with STALKER 2 on the horizon, I'll hopefully get my emergent gameplay fix elsewhere.
C9TVgxeWsAEx3cG.jpg:large

Sorry linear games, I was wrong about you!
To be fair, Metro Exodus isnt nowhere as bad as MGS5 on this aspect, the winter area is great and it is the best area by far, the desert area is the weakest one and the one with the most filler but it isnt that bad and the areas that came after that are pretty linear, also, the second DLC is also great, on the same level of the first winter area.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think "wide linear" is the best game design, and people have told me Metro 3 is an example of that, but obviously I haven't played it yet. Now I gotta wait for the 20fps mode upgrade.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think "wide linear" is the best game design, and people have told me Metro 3 is an example of that, but obviously I haven't played it yet. Now I gotta wait for the 20fps mode upgrade.
Metro Exodus is like this:
Linear intro -> open area ->Linear mission->open area -> wide linear area -> Linear end area. It is actually wide linear on only one of its areas, the first two are fairly open and the end is pretty linear but as I said, the winter area after the intro is great because it is open but it is not that big, the only area I felt had too much filler was the second open area, the desert area.

kreight

I played this game. Couldn't finish it, got bored. The cannibal story line was such a cliche I smelled it from a mile away.

JDR13

Arcane
Metro Exodus is like this:
Linear intro -> open area ->Linear mission->open area -> wide linear area -> Linear end area. It is actually wide linear on only one of its areas, the first two are fairly open and the end is pretty linear but as I said, the winter area after the intro is great because it is open but it is not that big, the only area I felt had too much filler was the second open area, the desert area.

I actually really liked that they mixed it up like that and made some of the areas more focused. I felt like it made the overall experience more varied than most shooters.

JDR13

Arcane
Also thousands of cannibals on a base for years and years is retarded.

Well, they did explain that with the radio transmissions and all the abandoned vehicles outside the base.

It's still a tad unrealistic of course, but we're also talking about a game with mutants, etc.

Zlaja

Arcane
My biggest gripe with the game was that the hole resource management aspect of the game is very much a non-issue in large parts of the green valley area. I enjoyed both the winter and desert areas much more, because I was doing my best there to not be wasteful and everything you found felt valuable (on ranger hardcore). And on my second playthrough that place was even worse to play, and just felt ultra tedious. That specific area has zero replay value IMO.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I loved Caspian Sea (desert) area. And Volga. Immensely atmospheric.

This anomaly in Volga was a bit much though

My only big gripe with Metro series is the idiotic decision to have Artyom speak in loading screens and shut the fuck up everywhere else, which is extremely dumb particularly in Exodus's plenty of story scenes, especially those meant to be intimate.

JDR13

Arcane
My biggest gripe with the game was that the hole resource management aspect of the game is very much a non-issue in large parts of the green valley area. I enjoyed both the winter and desert areas much more, because I was doing my best there to not be wasteful and everything you found felt valuable (on ranger hardcore). And on my second playthrough that place was even worse to play, and just felt ultra tedious. That specific area has zero replay value IMO.

You're referring to The Taiga, and I completely agree. That was my least favorite zone in the game. I thought the tribe of man-children was really cliche. It reminded me of that episode of Star Trek TOS where they find the planet that's populated by nothing but kids.

Wunderbar

Arcane
My only big gripe with Metro series is the idiotic decision to have Artyom speak in loading screens and shut the fuck up everywhere else, which is extremely dumb particularly in Exodus's plenty of story scenes, especially those meant to be intimate.

Glukhovski accidentally revealed that Metro 4 is in development and that Artyom will start actually speaking in-game.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

Nvidia priced the 2080ti with an extra dumbass tax, and you happily paid it and are now bragging about it
rating_lulz.gif

"enjoy everything without compromises"? You phrase this like a fucking nvidida brochure.

What a dumbfuck. Imagine sucking the cock of a corporation, and brag about it.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Nvidia priced the 2080ti with an extra dumbass tax, and you happily paid it and are now bragging about it
rating_lulz.gif

"enjoy everything without compromises"? You phrase this like a fucking nvidida brochure.

What a dumbfuck. Imagine sucking the cock of a corporation, and brag about it.
Not everyone is a poor dumbfuck like yourself. Point was, it was actually great purchase in retrospect due to the current shortage. But even if there was no shortage, I would be fine with it cause I can afford it..and I enjoy having great graphics at stable framerate.

Glukhovski accidentally revealed that Metro 4 is in development and that Artyom will start actually speaking in-game.

Legit makes me glad. The second expansion to Exodus, 4A went a bit overdrive and made Sam talk too much, but it was still preferable than being mute. Hopefully they balance it out well for Metro 4.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Not everyone is a poor dumbfuck like yourself.

Aw the corporate cocksucking nvidiot is projecting. Being butthurt because someone talked back at his favorite brand of consumer product.

I'm just not a stupid NPC, like yourself - which you've demonstrated beyond all reasonable doubt, btw
rating_lulz.gif

DeepOcean

Arcane

You're referring to The Taiga, and I completely agree. That was my least favorite zone in the game. I thought the tribe of man-children was really cliche. It reminded me of that episode of Star Trek TOS where they find the planet that's populated by nothing but kids.
It was cliche but I kinda liked that when you get to know the story behind them, I sort of felt guilty when killing them and that last dialog with a certain character near the end was hilarious. I had zero qualms about blowing the heads of the Baron's men though and felt that part of the game too similar to Mad Max and kinda weak on what makes the Metro post Apocalyptic setting unique.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Aw the corporate cocksucking nvidiot is projecting. Being butthurt because someone talked back at his favorite brand of consumer product.

I'm just not a stupid NPC, like yourself - which you've demonstrated beyond all reasonable doubt, btw
Just saw this post - particularly hilarious as of the 12 GPUs I have owned over the last 20 years, 7 were by ATi/AMD. I buy whatever offers me best performance and feature set at the time I am buying, for whatever money I want to spend. You are still a dumbfuck.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Just saw this post - particularly hilarious as of the 12 GPUs I have owned over the last 20 years, 7 were by ATi/AMD. I buy whatever offers me best performance and feature set at the time I am buying, for whatever money I want to spend. You are still a dumbfuck.

Dude, you are a fucking idiot who is proud of having bought the absolutely worst and most expensive GPU ever made.

You're such a fucking loser that you don't even regret wasting money on this, but pride yourself on the fact. You mouthbreathing troglodyte. You are fucking proud of a goddam GPU. Are you fucking insane?

It's a fucking GPU.

This isn't fucking reddit, so go fuck yourself.
cool_story_bro.png

Paul_cz

Arcane
Dude, you are a fucking idiot who is proud of having bought the absolutely worst and most expensive GPU ever made.

You're such a fucking loser that you don't even regret wasting money on this, but pride yourself on the fact. You mouthbreathing troglodyte. You are fucking proud of a goddam GPU. Are you fucking insane?

It's a fucking GPU.

This isn't fucking reddit, so go fuck yourself.
You sound like a wannabe edgy 10 year old. Either that, or mentally ill. So either grow up, or get professional help.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
You sound like a wannabe edgy 10 year old. Either that, or mentally ill. So either grow up, or get professional help.

Projecting much. You're the NPC bragging about wasting a stupid amount of money on an IQ test, which you failed miserably. Expect people to point and laugh at you.

The 2080ti is a garbage GPU today and you expect people not to point and laugh at you for bragging about buying that shit?

Dude, you're the mental case here.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Steam gave Metro 2033 away for free.

What did I just blindly put into my library. Is it good, does it suck?

Ivan

Arcane
Solid with the right amount of jank.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom