Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

ADL

Prophet
nvidiots were using this as ammunition to go after AMD's unreleased Super Resolution technology as a competitor to DLSS2.0 meanwhile anyone with a functioning brain knew this was a fuck-up and they meant FidelityFX post processing shit. I'd imagine their contacts at AMD weren't too happy about this.
[UPDATE] The official FAQ deleted the answer mentioned in the original story below. As soon we learned this, we contacted 4A Games to get a clarification on the matter. Here's the statement we just received in its entirety:

4A Games has not evaluated the AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution feature for Metro Exodus at this time. In our FAQ, we were referring to the AMD FidelityFX open source image quality toolkit which targets traditional rendering techniques that our new RT only render does not use, and noting that we have our own Temporal Reconstruction tech implemented natively which provides great quality benefits for all hardware, so do not currently plan to utilize any other toolkits.

ADL

Prophet
Who cares? AMD still sucks by comparison. They always seem to be one step behind Nvidia.
AMD did the impossible and caught up with nvidia's rasterization performance at the ultra high-end which everyone said they wouldn't be able to do in a single generation. Now they're only behind in RT performance via DLSS. If AMD can produce a semi-comparable solution to DLSS that's open and available to all platforms including the consoles, that's a net positive for everybody versus nvidia's proprietary black box crap.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Can't wait to get this on my series x. The cost of pc gaming for ray tracing is just absurd with the current GPU market.

JDR13

Arcane
Can't wait to get this on my series x. The cost of pc gaming for ray tracing is just absurd with the current GPU market.

Can the new consoles actually do ray tracing that's comparable to PC?

I want a PS5, but they're still impossible to buy over here unless you're willing to overpay by some ridiculous amount.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Can the new consoles actually do ray tracing that's comparable to PC?

Not comparable to nVidia in performance, but still pretty decent - and I am sure 4A devs use the available perf efficiently, they have very good coders.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
An entirely separate listing for DLSS 2.0 and ray tracing support? That's strange to say the least.
It could be that a lot of graphics assets have been tweaked, so that they no longer work with the old version. So it's either doing a separate version of the game or releasing a patch that would double the size of the existing game installation.

It is explained in the video by DF linked previously (which also shows some in-editor examples provided by the devs), they had to go over the entire game and rework the lighting and remove all the hacks they had for fake indirect lighting for the rasterization-only version. Global illumination when done properly affects the lighting to an extent that you either have a GI and non-GI version with one of them botched (whichever you didn't start with, which will be the GI since in pretty much all games so far it has been slapped on) or only a GI version with the entire lighting done with it in mind.

1080p 45fps on an RTX 2060.

That's an $800AUD card right about now, LMAO!

Meh, those prices are pointless, according to the current market my 5700 XT - which can only do 0fps on the enhanced edition since it has no RT support at all - is worth 1300 euros (that is actual store price, not scalpers on ebay) - which is around 3.5 times the price i originally paid for it (same model) :-P.

SlamDunk

Arcane
HzPrthq.png

That's another pussy-whipped game developer and also another one added to the boycott list. Now I'm proud to have never given money to them. I've gotten one 4A game for free via a Humblebundle campaign.

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite
HzPrthq.png

That's another game developer added to the boycott list. Now I'm proud to have never given money to them. I've got one 4A game and that was via a Humblebundle campaign.

Fairly obvious at this point they'd prefer to get bought by $FB, $MSFT, $ony than give a rats ass about players buying habits.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
That's another game developer added to the boycott list. Now I'm proud to have never given money to them. I've got one 4A game and that was via a Humblebundle campaign.
This is such a dumbfuck kneejerk reaction, sorry
I know multiculti is a buzzword but it still has its original meaning. If they have employees from countries from around the world, they are multicultural, so what?
Their games are great and uninfected by any present day idiocy.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
That's another pussy-whipped game developer and also another one added to the boycott list. Now I'm proud to have never given money to them. I've gotten one 4A game for free via a Humblebundle campaign.
What if "multi cultural" meant "both Russian and Ukrainian"?

Paul_cz

Arcane
What if "multi cultural" meant "both Russian and Ukrainian"?
They have studios in Kyiev and Malta, so likelihood is that they have employees from lot more countries (though I get you probably meant it as a joke)

SlamDunk

Arcane
This is such a dumbfuck kneejerk reaction, sorry
I know multiculti is a buzzword but it still has its original meaning. If they have employees from countries from around the world, they are multicultural, so what?
Hah, so confiding...

When 4A Games announces their next game it will be hated and ridiculed here - just you wait.

Paul_cz

Arcane
When 4A Games announces their next game it will be hated and ridiculed here - just you wait.
If it sucks I'll hate on it too, but so far 4A has not let me down and one word on twitter bio is, ehm, not enough for me to give up on them.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
HzPrthq.png

Reminder that 4A games, despite being Ukrainian, is run by Dean Sharpe, an American originally brought in to GSC by publishers to get Stalker SHOC finished.

The whole company could be staffed by /pol/tards and it wouldn't matter. If the top man is a cucked westerner then the company will be woke.

Wunderbar

Arcane
If the guy was brought in by a publisher to finish the game that was stuck in a development hell, then he's probably a based man who can get the job done.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If the guy was brought in by a publisher to finish the game that was stuck in a development hell, then he's probably a based man who can get the job done.

I wasn't talking about his project management capabilities, but rather the inability of western leads not to inject politics into everything.

I doubt he takes a hands off approach to his teams.

ferratilis

Magister
Last five pages of this thread are all about graphics and politics, not even one mention of gameplay. Even Codex has sunk into mediocrity. Who gives a shit about raytracing or what the devs believe in, the gameplay sucks and no amount of enhancing can fix that. Same problem as with Cyberpunk. Games are not for looking, they are for playing. This failed transition of a corridor shooter into open world is nothing more than an advertisement for nvidia GPUs. "Retadred" at me all you like, you know it's true.

I also won't buy their games anymore, not because of politics, but because they suck.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Last five pages of this thread are all about graphics and politics, not even one mention of gameplay. Even Codex has sunk into mediocrity. Who gives a shit about raytracing or what the devs believe in
how about reading past last five pages then? People were discussing graphics because devs announced raytraced re-release.

the gameplay sucks and no amount of enhancing can fix that. Same problem as with Cyberpunk. Games are not for looking, they are for playing. This failed transition of a corridor shooter into open world is nothing more than an advertisement for nvidia GPUs. "Retadred" at me all you like, you know it's true.

I also won't buy their games anymore, not because of politics, but because they suck.
ferratilis: wah waah how come no one discusses the gameplay??? it's so shit!
also ferratilis: proceeds not to discuss gameplay

Wtf did you expect, the next ARMA? It's a perfectly adequate popamole shooter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom