Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Few countries are more multicultural, in the literal sense, than Russia.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is ok. Doesn't even touch stalker in term of immersion and my only real complain is crafting. It feels like just AAA checkbox crap. Should have used bullets = currency and keep the loot jist consist of supplies instead of garbage. At least the weapon and gear upgrades are unique.

Story missions could be a lot less scripted but ok . . .

7/10

Doktor Best

Arcane
I didn't play much, but what i played is the same cutscene ridden, badly written poor attempt at AAA popamole that the previous games were.

And i can't see shit in the enhanced edition on every graphics option maxed out. There is some kind of smear effect or something and there seems to be an issue with contrast. As soon as the scene gets a little bit darker everything turns into grey soup.

I'll wait for a patch and maybe it gets a lot better gameplaywise, but as of right now i am mourning my 10,37€.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
finished it last saturday. it was pretty nice. i like the spartan bros and road trip-y adventure. russian dub is good at least for non russian speaker especially because english dub is horrendous.

my biggest complain really is crafting. at least the weapon mods and upgrades you find are unique so that doesn't 100% dampen exploration. environment are gorgeous, shooting feels nice but heardshot feels too OP especially for mutants. wish there were more bossfights other than the bear and the heavy armor dude.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Also thousands of cannibals on a base for years and years is retarded.
And uneaten body parts literally everywhere. Very wasteful. Doesn't anyone learn canning anymore?

I'm almost through with the main campaign. Arytom's waifu is annoying and looks like a twink. I'd prefer a more traditional future-babooshka like the fat guy married. The Mongolian sniper and hawt lord of the flies chicks are forced and clearly shoehorned in for current year gaymer expectations.

It's a decent game in any case, even with the venial sin of QTEs (which can be essentially disabled under accessibility settings). Worth buying on sale.

Wunderbar

Arcane
The film is going forward.

Egor Baranov will direct the film (haven't seen any of his films), Dmitry Glukhovski himself will write the script. Production budget will be approximately 700M rubles (~$9.5M, a rather hefty sum when it comes to russian films).

plot synopsis said:
Twenty years after the nuclear apocalypse, the last survivors are hiding in the tunnels of the Moscow metro - one of the largest fallout shelters on earth. Artyom, a twenty-years-old guy from VDNKh, has to go through a dangerous path through the entire metro system in order to save not only his native station, but also to warn the humanity of a new deadly threat.

Target release date - january 2024.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
An annoyance, re. Sam's Story: If you're going to have an open world with various story based collectibles, stop locking off previous sub-zones or allow multiple save points.

Atchodas

Augur
Had this game in a library for some time now and since they released EE thought i give it a shot. Game is very pretty on extreme graphics but gameplay is trash. Listen to broken english dialogue and then look for only way forward kill some enemies in between rinse and repeat. Uninstalled.

An annoyance, re. Sam's Story: If you're going to have an open world with various story based collectibles, stop locking off previous sub-zones or allow multiple save points.

Pretty much, I actually had 1 or 2 bugs that made it impossible to progress to the next area and had to use a cheat table to teleport around the map because there was no proper previous savepoint :lol:

I can forgive all the other offenses with the expansion, the fanservice with the russian colonel was great (some good music, as well).
Still bummed the game was made worse by open world crange, IDK if theres much replay value simply because of that factor

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I liked the idea of people in the Metro being lied to about the world ending and the use of radio jammers to keep people in the dark. It is a very Russian thing to do. I was always fascinated and disgusted by the way Russians are incapable of doing anything productive and instead always living in the dreams of war, with their entire lives only having meaning in the context of war. For more than 75 years, Russia has not done anything but keep fighting World War 2 in their hearts, over and over again. The high point in their history, with nothing ever managing to compare. In this regard, the Metro series make total sense-of course even in the apocalypse, Russians will revert to either fighting a farcical World War 2 in the Metro or seeking unexistant occupational forces once they are out of it.

I enjoyed the ending. [spolers redacted]. The old sacrificing themselves to save the young is a nice theme. Not really applicable to real-life Russia, since there communist cucks would rather eat the young than step down gracefully, hence all communist cuck parties being comically geriatric.
Wow, throw back to that political rant. I can't believe how prophetic it sounds, with the war in Ukraine still ongoing.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I've been playing this a bit. After the railroading intro, you get, well, to railroad out into the wild, where the game finally starts to flex its muscles.

One really cool feature is playing a Stealth Sneak Fuck, popping bandits off one by one with my air-pump gun, and then watch the remainers loosing their shit and surrender to me. God this makes me chuckle. Also the light crafting system and map reading is a welcoming deviation from the usual Quest-pointer cancer. The map size just sits right with me and never feels empty or too arbitrary. The mix of surprises and managability is just right. The creature AI also surprised me with its pack behaviour. Miss killing the sentinel sitting on your grandpa's van quickly, and the fucker starts to call in the rest of the pack that then keep encroaching on you from all sides. Everything feels just very detailed and well thought out, without wandering off into ultra-simulationist territory.

The graphics is seriously dazzling. I was never a fan of Raytracing until now, as this game really does the GI implementation well. Plus it performs incredibly good.

But the best thing is having a train ride with Slav bros and my very own Slav waifu!

:love:

Whenever I try to get into this game, some bullshit railroading section comes along, which makes me think that I'd rather be playing Stalker for the 95th time and then I quit.

A decade worth of decline in the industry does wonders. I'd say potato programmers rose to the top but then I remember CDPR and have a fit of laughter.

Ivan

Arcane
As others have said, its heart is in the right place, but the execution is lacking.

Thoughts after playing through Caspian Sea level:

AAA looks, AA feel. Metro Exodus feels like Half-Life 2 when it comes to telling its narrative. The problem is that Metro Exodus talks your ear off with long cutscenes, at least in its opening, you can skip much of the banter the game offers. On the gameplay front, I'm pretty disappointed by the Hub based design. I was left optimistic by the excellent DLC Metro Last Light had where they teased such design. I remember in that DLC going out to the surface felt risky, dangerous, here it feels like any other open world FPS but with shittier controls, shittier movement, and shittier combat. Thankfully the sound design is as excellent as ever, except voices, which will almost disappear if you turn away from the speaker.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Caspian is the weakest level of the game. The volga and taiga are excellent tbh. I don't mind the long dialogue, but it’s just awkward sitting silently for a long time. I think it's a detriment to set artyom as a silent protagonist this time around. It works in metro 1 becuase most of the dialogue is very slim, but in here it's long, there is no real conversation and feels like whatever NPC you're talking to is talking to a wall. I think the conversation itself is interesting and reveal a lot of about the characters, but the lack of participation with the player hurt it more.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Artyom being silent is fucking dumb as shit. Still love the game though. Even caspian!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom