Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microissue tracking thread

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I don't think Magic Missile is a bug. It is a group damage spell that targets all monsters in a row. Even the classic magic missile form D&D allows a higher level magic-user to redirect the projectiles to multiple targets. Working as intended, as far as I'm concerned.

"This missile is always targeted at a single monster." Is part of the spellbook description for the spell.

The spellbook is incorrect. Should say always at a single row.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I have very slow regeneration for my drow and human casters to confirm in version 2.0.0.20
However, I have the helm of the mollusk on my human and now he has the highest regen in my party thanks to the M+ on the item. The same should likely be true for other items like the rings of magic res which say M+ from improved identify.

This is also ripped off from Wiz 7 where later in the game you get rare regen objects that can correct the deficiencies of many races by equipping them to that special needs character. I tried to put at least two regen items in for every race that needed them. Regen properties (negative/drain and positive/boost) can be seen in ASSAY.

At one time many items had regen properties but I felt it needed to be rarer and very unusual so I trimmed them down.

This is why I have not responded to crying about slow regen. Ring of Magic can make everybody into a turbo-charged magic gainer if they are equipped.

Although multiple rings should be equipped in a proper rpg to be totally true to D&D.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Cleveland Mark Blakemore
Sorry to bother you if it was already somewhere in Steam threads, but you've missed pit that crashes the game in the Loom of Shelach.
I usually check every pit to see that my party plunged to their death. Don't ask, old habits.
m3rgGKpz_o.png

00000000000000000002-ms: GRIMOIRE (c)1997-2019 Golden Era Games All Rights Reserved
00000000000000000002-ms: Version: 3.0.0.0-R
00000000000000063679-ms: ERROR 'sound.cpp' Line 475 Failed To Load And Play MIDI : / 022.SPL

Will fix, thanks.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Maybe I'm used to it now but smooth scrolling looks pretty alright to me.

You don't get the image artifacts when turning left or right near a wall with smooth scrolling on? Even in the gameplay videos you can clearly see it and some people get confused by it.

As long as it is pixel perfect fake 3D it will always have this problem.

I have done experiments in Unity with a 2D Faux 3D engine similar to Grimoire and still have that basic unsolvable problem ... but I have to tell you, 32 bit color 2D with beautiful panel artwork and true features on the side panels and at 6x original resolution looks pretty incredible. I am thinking of adding some more deliberate smearing to it to hide it further in the turns.

I purchased some assets from a very rare Japanese game artwork store for visual novels and it was modern artwork of post-apoc buildings and what looked like a dirty basement/tunnel network and it looked incredible but still had the slight glitch in the turns albeit very smooth motion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom