Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh hey look I was wondering where the 1-handed relic axe was, I thought I was stupid and hadn't found it. Turns out it's on the last level of the last dungeon, 10 minutes before the end of the game. Perfectly reasonbale place to put a relic in a system where relics only gain attributes when you leve them up with use.

Thanks Limbic!

Spike allows you to detect all secrets, though you may need to have a Ranger to hire him (and if you do have a Ranger you can't hire him until you get the promotion quest).

Hımm, I got Spike without a ranger, hell even without an elf in party. But if you have a dark magic expert (freemage...) you don't really need that good boy. Whispering shadows is a really cheap spell and stays for a long time. I traveled with Edwind and pack horse for a long time, after reaching Karthal I got the other scholar.

Edit: Resting is really cheap and easy, dunno if I like it that much. It should have been dangerous to sleep in dungeons or consume more food.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Okay, I wasn't awae that the gaming-experience was crippled for 32-bit users. Someone please tell me that there is a way to somehow make ingame character/monster voices enabled, as well as raising the texture details higher than medium/normal. Shit is pretty fucking ridiculous (which is a shame, because other than that the game looks like good fun).
options32.txt

[sound]
musicVolume = 1
sfxVolume = 1
partyBarkVolume = 1
enableMonsterSounds = True
enableAmbientSounds = True

As for the texture setting, find the code (assembly) that's responsible for it with a debugger and change it :P

As noted, this can just force an overmatched OS to play sounds, which, for me, meant more crashes outside. Inside a dungeon was ok.

So I went ahead and moved to Win 7 64-bit, having a 07 PC... It really was an easy upgrade. While the game is stable now, it seems to rely more heavily on my GFX card (Nvidia 460) to run, rather than the OS. (the fan kicks on when it had not before).

Yeah, that's what I've done as well. In any case thank you whatevername for the help.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
If anyone's wondering - Edwin and the other scholar don't stack, i.e. you still only get +10% exp - although getting that other guy does mean that you can finally complete Edwin's quest (I've been hauling that dude around with me for most of the game). :P

Arkeus

Arcane
Oh hey look I was wondering where the 1-handed relic axe was, I thought I was stupid and hadn't found it. Turns out it's on the last level of the last dungeon, 10 minutes before the end of the game. Perfectly reasonbale place to put a relic in a system where relics only gain attributes when you leve them up with use.

Thanks Limbic!
I...don't remember a one-handed axe relic being there. Might just not have paid attention to it as it was the end, but i do remember the 2-handed Mace being a bit earlier on in the above dungeon.

I also seem to remember there being a one-handed axe in a shipwreck.

Angthoron

Arcane
You get a 1-h axe with the preorder bonus as well. At least I think it's one-handed, nobody in my current party can use the bloody thing.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is there a way to easily see what those extra companion peoples do? Never taken one yet, are they worth it?

Seahaven healer let's you res/heal your entire party once a day, I just found a dwarf in the Vantyr mountains that gives you a 50% chance to block the first 4 attacks each turn.

Haven't tried the DLC hireling, but it seems like it would be easier just to carry around the relevant scrolls.

LivingOne

Savant
Is there a way to easily see what those extra companion peoples do? Never taken one yet, are they worth it?

There's also an hireling in a tent just out of Seahaven that lets you rest once per day without consuming supplies.

Eyeball

Arcane
I have a question: you all seem to recommend Experting primal magic ASAP for the identify spell.

Why? At the end of the game on Adventurer, I had more than 400.000 gold pieces. Even while paying double ID costs, Money would not have been an issue past chapter 1. Are there loads of hidden costs in Warrior difficulty making the ID spell a requirement?

TigerKnee

Arcane
The problem with all tanks (Crusader and Defender) is that they're much better at surviving than at shielding others.
Personally, rather than try to implement some really wonky aggro mechanics, the "tank" classes should probably have taken more along the lines of League Of Legends, where Tanks are the characters with stuns, attack debuffs and so on.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I have a question: you all seem to recommend Experting primal magic ASAP for the identify spell.

Why? At the end of the game on Adventurer, I had more than 400.000 gold pieces. Even while paying double ID costs, Money would not have been an issue past chapter 1. Are there loads of hidden costs in Warrior difficulty making the ID spell a requirement?
Identifying items cost 300 per item on warrior. The spell costs ~700 to learn. Identify three items and you've made a profit already. If you identify items through the shopkeeper you'll run out of cash. You won't have money to train or buy potions.
It's also very convenient in dungeons.

Eyeball

Arcane
I assume this is on Warror difficulty only, because I never, ever had any problems with Money on Adventurer. Do monsters drop less Cash or does stuff simply cost more?

TigerKnee

Arcane
Didn't someone posted the list of shit that Warrior mode changed? Just about everything is jacked up and you go through more potions which means more expenditure.

And do you never make huge magic item purchases at the shops or something? I had to because I had my magic items drop in everything except ****ing Swords and Daggers which I can actually use.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
And most of the items you identified really sell for low value at start. You give 300g for some 45g boot.

Edit: Money is not an issue after Karthal TBH, I was swimming in gold at there and already spend much at shops for gear. But gold is really scarce at eariler parts where you need to carefull picking even the basc spells.

Arkeus

Arcane
I assume this is on Warror difficulty only, because I never, ever had any problems with Money on Adventurer. Do monsters drop less Cash or does stuff simply cost more?
Everything costs more on Warrior (and you sell for less)- you simply never have enough money to buy mast/GM trainings/spells until the end of Act III, and even then that depends on how much you buy your gears.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The problem with all tanks (Crusader and Defender) is that they're much better at surviving than at shielding others.
Personally, rather than try to implement some really wonky aggro mechanics, the "tank" classes should probably have taken more along the lines of League Of Legends, where Tanks are the characters with stuns, attack debuffs and so on.
If they wanted a defender class they should've looked at Etrian Odyssey to see how it should work in a tb party blobber.

TigerKnee

Arcane
If they wanted a defender class they should've looked at Etrian Odyssey to see how it should work in a tb party blobber.
I didn't particularly like that handling. In the various EO games, either they were dead weight during the main-game and absolutely required during post... or they were 100% vital if you didn't want to roll over as soon as you hit the first boss but since only ONE class in the entire game is built around tanking, that kind of limits party comp in that department already.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah money is a bit tougher on Warrior, you need to save up for spells and skills in the beginning, and best items are often in shops - dem sexy mana rings, and weapons which add additional attacks per round making many relics obsolete...

Spike can be hired by anyone, just need a free slot and to get rid of 4 tough thugs, I did it level 17 with my new party, although it's probably for level 20+ parties

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I didn't particularly like that handling. In the various EO games, either they were dead weight during the main-game and absolutely required during post... or they were 100% vital if you didn't want to roll over as soon as you hit the first boss but since only ONE class in the entire game is built around tanking, that kind of limits party comp in that department already.
I won't get into how viable they were in particular instalments, my point is that they actually work as a class that can defend your party which is kind of a basic thing when you introduce a "defender" class.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I...don't remember a one-handed axe relic being there. Might just not have paid attention to it as it was the end, but i do remember the 2-handed Mace being a bit earlier on in the above dungeon.

I also seem to remember there being a one-handed axe in a shipwreck.
I was wrong, it's the penultimate dungeon (I thought Tomb of Terror was the last one). And yeah I got the 2H mace not long after. There's no 1H axe relic in any of the shipwrecks, I explored them all.

Hımm, I got Spike without a ranger
Ah that is possible! Good to know, thanks.

I have a question: you all seem to recommend Experting primal magic ASAP for the identify spell. Why?
Because early on in the game, when you're buying spells and training skills, it seems like you will need a lot of money. Then you start swimming in money and don't know where to spend it, since leveling up doesn't require training. I still find it convenient to be able to identify on the spot, especially to start using relics as soon as I find them. Thing is, if you get Identify ASAP you will have it early on when you need it most. If you wait, you'll get it when you're already filthy rich and don't need it as much.

Luzur

Good Sir

Thanks Limbic!

Spike allows you to detect all secrets, though you may need to have a Ranger to hire him (and if you do have a Ranger you can't hire him until you get the promotion quest).

Hımm, I got Spike without a ranger, hell even without an elf in party. But if you have a dark magic expert (freemage...) you don't really need that good boy. Whispering shadows is a really cheap spell and stays for a long time. I traveled with Edwind and pack horse for a long time, after reaching Karthal I got the other scholar.

Edit: Resting is really cheap and easy, dunno if I like it that much. It should have been dangerous to sleep in dungeons or consume more food.

Spike..is that the dog in a cage in the forests outside Seahaven? i found him a day ago (had to beat 4-5 though thugs) but i couldnt do anything with him though.

Morphi

Augur
Information about upcoming Patch

https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/information-about-upcoming-patch

Hello adventurers,

We are currently working on a patch for Might & Magic X – Legacy that will include numerous bug fixes and three new dungeons.

Our team is doing its best to solve the bugs you reported on the official forums, among them:
- Invisible enemy (spirit beacon bug),
- Quest order issue,
- Corrupted saves fix,
- And others…

A complete update log will be provided in the next few days on MMX OpenDev website.

In the meantime, please check our forum to verify status of the different bugs and do not hesitate to share any new issues you could have:
http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/466-Might-amp-Magic-X-Legacy

Hope for some performance improvements....

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Spike..is that the dog in a cage in the forests outside Seahaven? i found him a day ago (had to beat 4-5 though thugs) but i couldnt do anything with him though.

Yep, that's him. You have to approach him from the correct angle and maybe also have a free hireling slot, then you can take him with you and he will detect secrets. Pretty convenient - I used him until getting the Dark blessing.

Luzur

Good Sir

Yep, that's him. You have to approach him from the correct angle and maybe also have a free hireling slot, then you can take him with you and he will detect secrets. Pretty convenient - I used him until getting the Dark blessing.

well, i approached him and got the "camera-swings-close" thing, but how much i clicked space for interaction nothing happened.

Arkeus

Arcane
well, i approached him and got the "camera-swings-close" thing, but how much i clicked space for interaction nothing happened.
I think there is a bug where if you have a quest-hireling he cannot come with you.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/information-about-upcoming-patch

INFORMATION ABOUT UPCOMING PATCH
  • Posted By: Ubi-Nox
Hello adventurers,

We are currently working on a patch for Might & Magic X – Legacy that will include numerous bug fixes and three new dungeons.

Our team is doing its best to solve the bugs you reported on the official forums, among them:
- Invisible enemy (spirit beacon bug),
- Quest order issue,
- Corrupted saves fix,
- And others…

A complete update log will be provided in the next few days on MMX OpenDev website.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom