Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So it wasn't a sneaky DRM plus it was fixed years ago. So it IS bs. Ossie1972's problem has nothing to do with some uPlay phantom menace.

Sadly I've no idea what it is.

JDR13

Arcane
Never buy a Ubisoft title on Steam. There's no point in it since you still have to run Uplay even for the Steam version. It's better to just purchase a Uplay key.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Never buy a Ubisoft title on Steam. There's no point in it since you still have to run Uplay even for the Steam version. It's better to just purchase a Uplay key.

But muh "all gaemz in one place"!1!

giphy.gif

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

But muh "all gaemz in one place".

Honestly, after all problems I encountered with DRM on M&M X, Heroes 6 and Heroes 7, after all saves Uplay corrupted with its buggy cloud sinc, after being unable to connect to Conflux ever, after wasting hours of my live on their inept support - I could say that best way to play SP Uplay games is probably pirating their clean versions.

Yes, piracy is wrong and everything, but pirating a game after you bought it could be an option even for most morally upstanding citizens. Especially when publisher doing all in his power to fuck up his lawful customers.

JDR13

Arcane

But muh "all gaemz in one place".

Honestly, after all problems I encountered with DRM on M&M X, Heroes 6 and Heroes 7, after all saves Uplay corrupted with its buggy cloud sinc, after being unable to connect to Conflux ever, after wasting hours of my live on their inept support - I could say that best way to play SP Uplay games is probably pirating their clean versions.

Yes, piracy is wrong and everything, but pirating a game after you bought it could be an option even for most morally upstanding citizens. Especially when publisher doing all in his power to fuck up his lawful customers.

Sorry to hear that. I put around 200 hours into M&M X and never had any issues.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sorry to hear that. I put around 200 hours into M&M X, and never had any issues.
Well, M&M X is lesser offender among Uplay games I've bought (4), worst thing that happened to me was losing 20h save to faulty cloud system when playing between two different PC and even this incident had not prevented Legacy from becoming my favorite blobber released in last decade.
Heroes 6 is a different story though, it's always online features caused me enough grief that I will think thrice before buying any Ubisoft's game ever again.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've never had an issue with Uplay, honestly, but I do support the idea that "pirating" games you own to have DRM free backup copies is perfectly moral. If I had the backup space I'd probably do it with all my favorite games.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

I don't know where you live but in most countries, it's legal to download by any means a game you already own.

Ossie1972

Barely Literate
Update: I have also now encountered a new problem: I cannot enter Sudgard even though I have a Runepriest in my party, and have received the promotion quest. I get the message saying you must have a dwarf in the party. Both of these things relate to promotion quests. I suspect the game requires the quest and particular character to move past, and for some reason thinks I don't have them, when I do.

In all honestly, I expect this to be fatal. I agree that given I already legally purchased the game, the only way to play Ubisoft games is to download the cracked no-CD no-Uplay versions from the start. But I doubt my existing saves will work with that. I'm too far in to bother starting again. Lesson learned

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I take it I'll have to mess with a translator to decipher that site?

Here's a summary (rules):

They use a home-brew system called 3D engine (i know it's weird, no explanation so far)

Characteristics
- Attributes : They only name 3 but there is more (STR, END, CHA, etc. )
- Skills
- Perks/ Traits : with possible phobias or negative traits

3D engine (it's actually a 3 different die system ^^' )
Moteur3d_web.jpg

d6 : action in which you're not skilled
d8 : damage
d10 : for everything you're skilled in

Explanation on how it works, it's like in DD so no comment.

Luck and adversity ? Destiny points maybe ?
Well, it works like destiny points, you can add a d10 to your skill roll but adversity will work against the player +d10 or -d10, result can't be lower than 1 (well, if 1 is a critical fail anyway, thanks for nothing ^^' )

That's it for the rules.

Then the lore page (summary)

It's well written, unlike my rough translation.

Deep into the Milky Way lies Empyrea.

Empyreans forgot about their origins and how they arrived there, they lost the technology to travel through space, technology remains are considered as magic artefacts.

It's science-fantasy, they add some source inspiration like Arthur C. Clarke (high technology looks like magic thing), Métal Hurlant Mœbius (i'm guessing Jean Giraud which worked on the Alien and Willow movies among many others on top of the comic strip Moebius), Philippe Caza et Philippe Druillet and many more.

Il y a d’abord les bandes dessinées de l’époque Métal Hurlant, et notamment les œuvres des géants que sont Mœbius, Philippe Caza et Philippe Druillet. Citons également les aventures spatio-temporelles de Valérian et Laureline de Pierre Christin et Jean-Claude Mézières ; la saga Star Wars de George Lucas, bien sûr, qui déjà en son temps transposait le récit chevaleresque dans l’espace ; l’œuvre de Catherine Lucille Moore, et notamment les aventures de Northwest Smith et Jirel de Joiry ; les romans, inédits en français, de Geary Gravel, comme The Fading Worlds, The Dreamwright et The Shadowsmith… Plus récemment enfin, la récente et excellente série She-Ra et les Princesses au Pouvoir dirigée par Noelle Stevenson.

Main inspiration sources being video games, mostly early Might & Magic and specifically Xeen but also Phantasy Star, Chrono-Trigger and Wizardry.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Btw, yay or nay to getting steam client and MMX? Do i have to get a ubisoft client too? Are they resource hogs?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What are the issues with ubiclient? (A client loads a client... gay). Wish it was a gog game as it looks nice and i enjoyed the entire III - xeen series a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom