Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Milkmaid of the Milky Way - indie adventure game

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I wake up every day
Feeling strong as hell
Do you even lift
bro
No.

:sadcrispin:

I haven't played the game yet. The rhymes really did dampen my enthusiasm, and as it has no voice acting, I'm not sure it would really be a great game to play with my semi-literate four year old. (I did confirm with the friendly and generous developer that it would be appropriate for kids.) In any event, we still have Monkey Island to beat. Also, some crazy person on Twitter got mad at me for criticizing the game's rhymes in this thread, and now I feel like if I play the game I'm giving in to terrorists. :/ I'm sure I'll get around to it, though.

I'm a little bummed about the space aliens aspect of the plot. The pastoral elements are really appealing to me (and would be even more appealing either without the rhymes or with something more in keeping with Norwegian or English pastoral poetry), but the parts with the spaceship seem a little less engaging. Probably because with Fallen Gods I'm so fixated on Scandinaviana, it just seems like you could do the same story with trolls or whatever and keep it more grounded in the unique setting, rather than taking a generic Hitchhiker's Guide path.

hello friend

Arcane
Trolls became a lot less interesting when folklore was romanticised and genrified in the 1800s. When you consider that trolls used to be considered some type of land wight, and were assumed to be very real, suddenly Scandinavian folklore becomes a perfect fit for something more Twin Peaks-esque. That mysterious, creepy vibe.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Well, there are various threads of troll-ness, right (the giant thread, the wight thread, and the witch thread)? I think you can spin something interesting out of any of them, more interesting and topical than aliens, anyway. But a lot of this turns on the execution, and based on the praise for the game on Steam, I suspect the execution is much better than my quick surmise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom