Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
5 days? 5 days? Man. What's the point in hourly backups and a daily off-site if we have to rollback 5 mother-fucking whole days? What the... God-damned fucking fuckity fuck.

I thought we were going to go back to before the fire? If the choice was a "rollback 5 days" or "re-build burnt wood" in future, I'd rather re-build what's burnt (sheesh, I even had the wood this time that I now have to re-collect). Can we NOT have massive rollbacks? Any rollback that's more than what we need due to map corruption should be considered more.

I assume all the last 5 days of backups were rooted? What the hell is causing the map corruption so badly that it's destroying every single backup? Can we test the backups somehow? And the minute it corrupts dump it, correct it and deal with it then? This is like that fake story of that MMO game where some guy was going to crash the server and trigger a rollback of a week and he meets some guy who coded the game and added some little thing that ruined the backups and would force a rollback for 2 years or some shit. It was a funny story. I remember it well.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I'm sure all these messages makes Muty feel appreciated after hosting the server for free and working on it in his free time. :lol:

What are you using to detect the corrupted chunks btw?

Wobbler

Educated
Srsly, how does one get home from the spawn? just lost all my shit cause I couldn't find my way home from the spawn.

Why have it out in the wild? :S

Ok, I didn't loose my stuff, but why have it out in nowhere?

Wobbler

Educated
Rumors says that login, die, respawn quiet prevent any use from that.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
DarkUnderlord said:
5 days? 5 days? Man. What's the point in hourly backups and a daily off-site if we have to rollback 5 mother-fucking whole days? What the... God-damned fucking fuckity fuck.

I thought we were going to go back to before the fire? If the choice was a "rollback 5 days" or "re-build burnt wood" in future, I'd rather re-build what's burnt (sheesh, I even had the wood this time that I now have to re-collect). Can we NOT have massive rollbacks? Any rollback that's more than what we need due to map corruption should be considered more.

I assume all the last 5 days of backups were rooted? What the hell is causing the map corruption so badly that it's destroying every single backup? Can we test the backups somehow? And the minute it corrupts dump it, correct it and deal with it then? This is like that fake story of that MMO game where some guy was going to crash the server and trigger a rollback of a week and he meets some guy who coded the game and added some little thing that ruined the backups and would force a rollback for 2 years or some shit. It was a funny story. I remember it well.

No, all the backups for the last 5 days are ok, but the fire happened 5 days ago. If you don't like it I can fix the corrupted chunks in the latest backup before the rollback, but then you are going to lose everything you did yesterday. I couldn't care less about this anyway, so its up to you to decide. I fucking tried to warn you that the 1.5 version I got running is not stable and its not my problem that nobody bothers to actually read my posts.

Turisas said:
I'm sure all these messages makes Muty feel appreciated after hosting the server for free and working on it in his free time. :lol:

What are you using to detect the corrupted chunks btw?

Yes I feel great about it, so much love its unbearable.

I'm using this python script and it works great:
https://github.com/Fenixin/Minecraft-Region-Fixer
It can check for corrupted or wrongly located chunks and then only fix those chunks from an older backup.

EDIT: K I fixed the mis-located chunk in the last save before the rollback and started the server with it.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
YOU BASTARDS! YOU ROLLBACKING FUCKING BASTARDS!

Now we lost the hyperspace SYSTEM! YOU BASTARDS!

And we lost the stuff me and Luzors was working on...YOU ROLLBACKING MISSALIGNED FUCKTARDS!

NAZI SCUM!

garren

Arcane
Patron
Ok, I got my stuff back.

IT'S TIME TO STOP TAKING AND TIME TO START GIVING!

Seriously tho, I think I should help out those who lost shit somehow. Maybe I could start building that bridge again.

Oh yea much love muty I don't hate you anymore (cough)
:love:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Muty said:
No, all the backups for the last 5 days are ok, but the fire happened 5 days ago.
5 days ago? The fire happened the day before yesterday... 24 hours or so before the time of the current rollback you've used was fine. Everything was non-fire at that time. It's 2 or 3 days at most. What was rolled back was 5 days, back when 1.5 came out. We had at least 2 or 3 good days of building I thought.... Unless this fire has been raging through the server for days destroying everything while we were all unaware. All I know is last time I logged off on like, Monday or Tuesday, my place was fine. Next day, it was burnt out.

Muty said:
If you don't like it I can fix the corrupted chunks in the latest backup before the rollback, but then you are going to lose everything you did yesterday. I couldn't care less about this anyway, so its up to you to decide.
I say we leave it as is. Don't touch it. No more rollbacks. Lesson learned, fire fucks our shit up and we can re-build what we lost. It's just wood. I'm happy to spawn any wood people want to re-build things.

Muty said:
I fucking tried to warn you that the 1.5 version I got running is not stable and its not my problem that nobody bothers to actually read my posts.
BRO! Obviously I wasn't quick enough.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh god dammit my snow tower is going to be gone when I log back in isn't it.

Can we stop with the rollbacks? I'm dying here.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
DarkUnderlord said:
Muty said:
No, all the backups for the last 5 days are ok, but the fire happened 5 days ago.
5 days ago? The fire happened the day before yesterday... 24 hours or so before the time of the current rollback you've used was fine. Everything was non-fire at that time. It's 2 or 3 days at most. What was rolled back was 5 days, back when 1.5 came out. We had at least 2 or 3 good days of building I thought.... Unless this fire has been raging through the server for days destroying everything while we were all unaware. All I know is last time I logged off on like, Monday or Tuesday, my place was fine. Next day, it was burnt out.
The fire was a bug with the SMP server, your castle may have been ok on monday, but you can't say the same thing for the whole world. I presumed that the whole map was fucked after the update as there is no way for me to find out exactly what happened without loading each backup in mcedit and manually looking at the damage done.

DarkUnderlord said:
Muty said:
If you don't like it I can fix the corrupted chunks in the latest backup before the rollback, but then you are going to lose everything you did yesterday. I couldn't care less about this anyway, so its up to you to decide.
I say we leave it as is. Don't touch it. No more rollbacks. Lesson learned, fire fucks our shit up and we can re-build what we lost. It's just wood. I'm happy to spawn any wood people want to re-build things.
Lesson learned. I'm not going to do any rollbacks for anything else apart from a complete map meltdown.

DarkUnderlord said:
Muty said:
I fucking tried to warn you that the 1.5 version I got running is not stable and its not my problem that nobody bothers to actually read my posts.
BRO! Obviously I wasn't quick enough.

Am I missing something here? I posted 6 hours after you to inform you that there is a working version of 1.5_02 where all the bugs from 1.5 should've been fixed, but I warned you that there still may be problems with it, problems like all your stuff burning down and etc. If you had problems with that decision of mine you could've mentioned it back then and I would've reverted the server to 1.4 as I mentioned in that post.

Anyway 1.6 will supposedly come out in the near future and I want to hear from all of you how do you think we should proceed with those updates in order to avoid clusterfucks like this one.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck it, just put up bukket as soon as it's updated and we'll deal with whatever bugs pop up like true Codexers. Besides, the fire bug really was hilarious when it wasn't burning down everyone's shit.

Xor

Arcane
So I just checked...we're back to the post-fire map. OK, I can work with this. I'll need to mine a bunch of snow again but I guess that's not too difficult, it just involves trekking to a cold biome and those are a day or two away from my base.

Xi

Arcane
Are we men or are we girls or are we transexuals!!!??!!? Who rolls back the server!? Choices and consequences ladies--D ..... Choices and consequences....

Destroid

Arcane
I say we raise a mob and burn down anything that was struck by lightning, THIS ROLL BACK GOES AGAINST NATURE

Luzur

Good Sir
AGAIN?!

ok screw this, im not doing a village anymore, rebuilding 2 times is enough.

im just gonna go around and loot peoples houses.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
garren said:
Zed said:
Please undo rollback. I'd rather help DU build his wooden shit up again.

Wish granted, I agree that it was a stupid idea anyway, but I was a bit tired yesterday and it was much easier to revert to the oldest backup rather than going through 120 backups to find the one where all the shit is not burned down.
:love:

Good thing about all this shit is that I got the plugin that records every change made to the world in a database working again, so if some shit like that happens again it can be selectively reverted.

Btw for everyone interested, there is a version of the glsl shader released yesterday that works with 1.5

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
great, but it runs like shit on my notebook with shitty nvidia nvs card :(. I'll try it on my pc when I get back home.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
2011-04-28_23.32.23.png

2011-04-28_23.33.59.png

2011-04-28_23.35.17.png

2011-04-28_23.37.36.png

Also I got the dynamic map plugin to work again. Now it has the option to pregenerate the whole map:
http://media.partyeye.com:8123/
No more black spots. It should update a chunk if you place a block there automatically.

i also added the levelcraft plugin if you missed my post a few pages back:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=218012

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
<3 Muty, that dynamic map is great

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
the leveling mod is a good idea for a new world, but for this already-inhabited world it feels retarded having to level stuff up, especially when it's basically only restricting and not making you more "powerful". I dun like it boss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom