Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Loki said:
cool codex morality you have there. Do you feel all merry as you gather 'round your table with your fellow cross-eyed Dwarfs?

hey that's not very tolerant, speccy four eyes and midgets are people too you know.

Loki

Educated
Ah yes, because there's no difference between using disabilities as metaphors to deliver an insult to those who deserve it and indulging in hate for another persons condition out of sheer boredom and self loathing.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Thanks to Muty, the Codex now has a Minecraft server.

It's working off a whitelist so all those interested have to post here with their Minecraft username so we can add you.

We'll then PM the server's IP address to you. That way when it gets griefed to all buggery, at least it'll be Codexers doing the griefing so we'll have a good range of cocks and swastikas maybe.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Add request: Bluebottle.
Hard shall be the griefing, and large the solid gold multi-headed dick statuary.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Added:
- hanoverf
- popamoler
- chzr
- konjad
- Bluebottle (I assume the fullstop on the end was not part of your username)

PM'd server address to you (I've found using the domain name address works better than using the direct IP). Enter that in the multiplayer box in your MineCraft client.

NOTE: We are finding the server seems a bit wonky at the moment, so Muty may make some changes at some point.

... and don't forget you can download skins and upload them via the preferences page on the minecraft.net website.

Luzur

Good Sir
just shut the fuck up and join us, 1browneye.
we both know you are being hard and edgy all the time but deep inside you just wanna be friends.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Can any fine gentleman explain which version do we need, and how in the hell connect to a server other than the official one?

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
DarkUnderlord said:
- Bluebottle (I assume the fullstop on the end was not part of your username)

You're correct - fullstopless.

Also, as a note to everyone: when copy-pasting the IP, make sure you don't also copy any following invisible characters (spaces, returns etc.) as this causes mental things to happen.

Edited for clarity

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
After starting exploring I soon found this buried under the ground:
6s4zd7lqeqvu0prt5mx.jpg

These strange statues seem to spell out KKKODEX but I'm not sure about the sign - it seems familiar though.

Luzur

Good Sir
do i need to download that? i already got an account on the minecraft site.

thanks for the textures btw, now gimme that IP-address.

goddammit now the torches are gonna go out every damn minute too? i fucking hate shit like that.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Zdzisiu said:
Can any fine gentleman explain which version do we need,
If you've bought the game, then it's the "Minecraft Alpha [The latest!]" you can download from the main page (when you've logged in): http://minecraft.net/

You can use the "in browser" version too but downloading the client lets you go full-screen.

Zdzisiu said:
and how in the hell connect to a server other than the official one?
Fire-up minecraft, click "Multiplayer" in the main screen, enter the IP address (or the server name, either one will do). You don't need to install any extra / bonus shit. We're keeping it simple.

And if you're like me and thousands of miles away from the server, enjoy the repeated crashes. :( I think there's a bug in minecraft where high lag will result in constant disconnects.

poocolator said:
Is it possible to join the server if you've got a copy that hasn't been removed from an inventory?
We do not know. Seriously though it's only like $20.00...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom