Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I really despise Douche Allah.

The FextraLife article I posted earlier, with the Autumn Harvest Festival information, had the wrong dates. It now starts this month:
  • Starting September 20th 8pm EDT / September 21th 9am JST
  • Ending October 4th 7:59pm EDT / October 5nd 8:59am JST
https://fextralife.com/mhw-autumn-harvest-festival-its-contents/

Also confirmed on the official site/event quest schedule:

http://monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/festival/

http://game.capcom.com/world/us/schedule.html

The official event quest schedule for the PC doesn't indicate that the festival will be available at the same time:

http://game.capcom.com/world/steam/us/schedule.html

But perhaps the Kulve Taroth update is just around the corner...

Speaking of, once that update is available for PC, here's a handy list of all the random weapons that can be acquired (praying to RNGesus required):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IOr34k03VNXUF7qfJu35i6Sjws/edit#gid=355446632

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
It's become apparent that Blaine has no clue how to use LBGs or HBGs.

Yes. the Bow is good, but you are failing to realize how good the other ranged weapons are. This isn't Dark Souls where Bows deal 1/100th the damage of melee and take 15 seconds to reload.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
It's become apparent that Blaine has no clue how to use LBGs or HBGs.

Yeah, I do. I took down a gold crown Tempered Kirin with Karma in just over fourteen minutes today (with a very defensive build for safety), but I didn't want to tell you, because then you might get to thinking I no longer believe LBGs are complete trash. I poison as an opener, sticky and exhaust the face (although it makes me LIVID that the fucking ailment shots travel so ridiculously fucking slowly), I plant mines by the face whenever it goes down and blast them/the face, and I unload rapid-fire Normal and Spread the rest of the time.

The one thing that really annoys me is that sometimes my reticle will be directly, smack-dab on the part I want to shoot, and yet the shots seem to miss anyway, like they've vanished into thin air. I should record a fight for analysis.

I hardly ever use the Bow anymore, either. People seem to believe that you're "safer" when using ranged weapons, but I feel just the opposite, because you're barely outside of melee range anyway and you get sucked into tunnel vision while aiming (I REALLY wish you could turn off the fucking zoom, it's a sheer disadvantage).

Maybe it's just that I built the "wrong" HBG, dunno, but I'm not stacking ten fucking skills just to be able to survive while toting that awkward, molasses-infused pile of shit around when I can use something else instead. It's simply not fun for me. I'll need to try one that can actually deal damage from a decent range, I think, because this 3x Close Range melee range shit while being rooted in place and limited to fatrolls and a trash shield that staggers you for fifteen minutes on every hit is absolute junk, and I'm completely through with it.

DragoFireheart

Blaine

1. LBG shots will travel where you last shot. If you move, they'll still go where you last pointed.

Yeah, I do. I took down a gold crown Tempered Kirin with Karma in just over fourteen minutes today (with a very defensive build for safety), but I didn't want to tell you, because then you might get to thinking I no longer believe LBGs are complete trash

So you just have high standards.

I killed a Arch Tempered Kushala Daora in 16/17 minutes with a LBG. What of it? Maybe you should use Sleep and Paralyze ammo instead of trash like Poison and Exhaust.

3. The point of ranged isn't that you are a mile away sniping: it's the ability to target monsters body parts while being able to avoid attacks that would easily give melee characters a hard time.

Maybe it's just that I built the "wrong" HBG,

Yeah, you probably have. I showed you Cluster Bombs and you can get THE Cluster Bomb HBG now (Zorah HBG is the other) that Pickle is out, but you made up some idiotic excuse about creating ammo or some shit.

If you don't like the Bowguns that's fine but claiming they're trash while claiming HH is good is lol worthy.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
1. LBG shots will travel where you last shot. If you move, they'll still go where you last pointed.

...What?

So you just have high standards.

No. Kirin is a very special case. He has exactly one small weak spot that's easiest to hit with a precision weapon; that weak spot is difficult to approach at point-blank range without being trampled or zapped, but much more forgiving with a little more range. Also, unlike many monsters, he likes to stand a middling distance away from you for prolonged periods and summon his lightning bolts, rather than constantly charging headlong or flailing around everywhere (although there's still plenty of flailing).

I killed a Arch Tempered Kushala Daora in 16/17 minutes with a LBG. What of it? Maybe you should use Sleep and Paralyze ammo instead of trash like Poison and Exhaust.

Well, I was describing a fight with Kirin. Kirin is immune to Paralyze, Exhaust is rapid-fire on the Karma (and works fine if solo, otherwise not), and I have just enough mines regenerating to use two during each of the 3-4 knockdowns I typically get. I suppose I could get in two explosive barrels per sleep proc, but considering he's only two-star to sleep, the time spent sleeping him and placing barrels is almost certainly better spent just dealing damage to his face.

This isn't a contest. I'm simply stating that I know how to use them, but hate them anyway.

3. The point of ranged isn't that you are a mile away sniping: it's the ability to target monsters body parts while being able to avoid attacks that would easily give melee characters a hard time.

I've fought all the monsters in the game with the exception of Lunastra and Kulve Teoth, and the only two fights I feel benefit substantially from the use of bogans are Kirin and Vaal Hazaak.

I showed you Cluster Bombs and you can get THE Cluster Bomb HBG now (Zorah HBG is the other) that Pickle is out, but you made up some idiotic excuse about creating ammo or some shit.

I've been using cluster bombs, you absolute ape. I have the crafting macros on speed dial. I think it's fucking dumb that you have to craft shit in the field to prop up the weapon, but it is what it is, I guess.

If you don't like the Bowguns that's fine but claiming they're trash while claiming HH is good is lol worthy.

When the fuck did I claim HH is particularly good? I specifically stated that I SUPPOSE it's good in groups, comparable to the hammer while providing strong buffs, according to what I've heard through the grapevine. I also said that it never clicked for me.

Perkel

Arcane
Ok boys and girls
9 days , 14 hours, 2 minutes till Tokyo Game Show where probably G-rank will be announced.

countdown:
https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/625837/tgs-2018

What i want to see from G-expansion:
Tigrex - mhw world open maps just scream for Tigrex to be in. His whole shtick is that he should non stop rage and follow you like mad.
Giginox - One of the most weird and fun fights in all mh games and much more interesting than Khezzu.
Zinogre - I just don't have enough feels to see this beast in full raging glory with new fluid responsive move-set.
Nersylla - One of best new MH4 monsters that is completely unique.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I just found out that Hero's Streamstone: Sword has 3% chance to drop from tempered elder dragons ... after I wasted my only one.

Great design.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
0c0180877b.png

Perkel

Arcane
I just found out that Hero's Streamstone: Sword has 3% chance to drop from tempered elder dragons ... after I wasted my only one.

Great design.

I should get back this thread to old title:
"OCD worst nightmare"

Treat it as bonus and not something you need, because it was meant as such.
Secondly don't expect to collect all gear in MH games ever. MHW has fairly low amount of gear but if you would look at MH4U or MHXX we are talking about minimum 1000 hours for just all end game armor alone let alone weapons.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Great design.

"OCD worst nightmare"

Secondly don't expect to collect all gear in MH games ever. MHW has fairly low amount of gear but if you would look at MH4U or MHXX we are talking about minimum 1000 hours for just all end game armor alone let alone weapons.

There is no point in augmenting anything until the G-Rank is released.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
What i want to see from G-expansion:
Tigrex - mhw world open maps just scream for Tigrex to be in. His whole shtick is that he should non stop rage and follow you like mad.
Giginox - One of the most weird and fun fights in all mh games and much more interesting than Khezzu.
Zinogre - I just don't have enough feels to see this beast in full raging glory with new fluid responsive move-set.
Nersylla - One of best new MH4 monsters that is completely unique.
Add Qurupeco and Yian Kut-ku because dumb birds are the best

DragoFireheart

Great design.

"OCD worst nightmare"

There is no point in augmenting anything until the G-Rank is released.

fuckin noob, you're not a real MH master until you kill Daora in under 2 minutes.

Perkel

Arcane
Add Qurupeco and Yian Kut-ku because dumb birds are the best

fixed. Yan kut ku is just poor design now.
Qurupeco is much better version of YanKutKu and way more fun to fight especially when it calls and Pickle would come...

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I hsve played around 2 dozens of matches, i really never find anyone rude.

In a bizarre coincidence, I actually ended up in one of Clunt Westwood's quests last night.

He didn't say anything and left before any of the fighting started, so the three of us who remained finished it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yeah, I could do with more crabs, insects, birds, and the wackier designs like Brachydios that make for cool-looking weapons and armor. Unfortunately, CRAPCOM now has to produce current-generation monster models and animations, rather than reusing slightly souped-up PS2 and PSP assets over and over again.

In current news, I'm becoming extremely annoyed with farming Pickle.

• all of his weapons require 2 scalps
  • breaking the head makes the fight longer and more annoying
  • the scalp is a low drop rate special reward even if you break the head
  • Pickle investigations are a bitch to get and ALWAYS include a second monster (takes longer, potentially shits up reward boxes with loot from other monster), this is very clearly intentional on CRAPCOM's part to increase the grind
  • other people's SOSes are difficult and time-consuming to join because they're rare and in high demand
  • even if I get into someone else's SOS, the part break threshold is massively increased and likely no one will coordinate to break the head

Actually might quit over this, or even cheat. It's simply a sheer waste of my time, because I have Pickle on farm now and he's no longer challenging.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
After some more tests, I decided my favourite HBG for random SOS answers is Magda Gemitus. Its attack value is only slightly inferior to Dark Devourer but it can also use Paralysis, which is far better than Sleep in MP, at least untill the majority of morons learn how it works. Additionally, MagGem has a level 2 decoration slot, I was thinking about modding my DD just for that, since I'm starved.

This allows me to load on 2 Health Regen augments. Popamole as fuck, I know but as I said before, you need 2 whole seconds to put that thing on your back. Unless you're some sort of Uberjäger, capable of just going lol can't touch me vs everything, less healing means more DPS/Status/Stun CC imho.

Anyway, having fun.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Finally got two scalps after the sixth Pickle fight (not total, but since I started actively trying to get scalps). That may not sound like too many runs, but I was breaking his head each time, and this scalp bullshit (not to mention gems) must be repeated for each and every weapon I might like to make. After the third or fourth fight, I began slaying instead of capturing, since you can get scalps from carves. That's where one of the scalps came from.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom