Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also, something related to my signature, plz.

Stinger

Arcane
Tried angling the eyes a bit but I realised it wasn't enough so I tilted the whole body as well:

UZYi2.png

Hope Chris doesn't mind me messing around this much.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Tried angling the eyes a bit but I realised it wasn't enough so I tilted the whole body as well:

UZYi2.png

Hope Chris doesn't mind me messing around this much.

Bro, you'll hear him coming because he'll kill me first. I altered the outline quite a bit before coloring in.

I like the tilting of the body, since tilting the eyes alone enough tends to just make it look weird. Not sure what to think of the light. The idea is great, but in practice it sometimes just looks a little odd. Sometimes just looks like a stripe of brightness on the troll, not light shining from the monitor.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Let's compare:

u7wvV.png
UZYi2.png

While you were doing that, I made one with just the eyes and body tilted as well (starting from the high-res initial colour-in), so now we have 3. I think I tilted the eyes back a little further, not sure whether that's better or not.
Lkqpe.png
:what:

Suchy

Arcane
Kaisering. I allowed myself to rape MCA's artistic integrity and add a tiny (but important) detail. To make it true to one of these infamous pictures floating around.

c9ZRX.png

waywardOne

Arcane
We need a "butthurt" troll. And my initials are "wwo" if he wants to include that somewhere as tribute to my greatness, preferably somewhere on a man-thong.

DraQ

Arcane

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
^I don't get it.

EDIT: other than being a cynical remark, that is

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
How about a subtle projection of goatse?

setting out with optimism I tried overlaying a cropped screenshot of our fine GRPG forum topic index

f13f7ffc.png

as you can see even with mostly text applied lightly the fine detail doesn't work well with the stylised cartoon style

a picture would jar even more with the expression on the troll's face

my current idea : maybe some drawbro would like to do some monitor-lit MHD tentacles coming out of the screen

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
jesus. just draw an entirely new one if you're gonna change it so much.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
well if you're gonna change it so much, you might as well make him tilt more

B1X1E.jpg

LundB

Mistakes were made.
jesus. just draw an entirely new one if you're gonna change it so much.

This. Even with this one:

Lkqpe.png

I added more tilt to the eyes and body, as well as the colouring and fixing up some stuff with the outline. In other words, even the coloured troll people are using as a base for further edits is changed quite a bit from the MCA version.

Once you change it much more, it can barely be called an MCA troll. His drawing gets the point across, the troll is pretty clearly recoiling in horror.

Oh, and though I prefer the slightly less extreme layback, that could very well be personal bias, so here's a version of Zed's with a transparent background:

Zbn3c.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom