Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Aemar

Arcane
the character designs don't suck ass like they did before the reboot.
Worst character designs ever, they all look like a bunch of retarded cosplayers, yet I see most people commenting on these MK11 videos on Youtube don't seem to mind the direction this game/franchise is heading to, since they didn't play any other MK games older than MKX MKIX.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Yeah, fucking Hsu Hao, Drahmin or the literal dozens of generic looking jobbers like Taven, Jarek or Darrius are really something!

Kollector:

lYLqhpH.jpg

Cassie is no longer a tranny :incline:

cassie.png

Cyber Frost!

21zg9468bik21.jpg

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
NRS have long since learned that they can make button mashing gameplay with bad netcode. Add some ugly characters & bland designs animated like drunken gorillas and the games will still sell millions upon millions, win all the game awards and Ed Boon can laugh all the way to the bank.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Seems others don't share my view nu cassie is better.

Her old design was way better and had at least a little personality. Now it's just generic soldier woman.

I dunno, maybe I'm just grateful she isn't in a bhurkha, but to me her design looks the same as the last game: full body combat armor.
So it's really just swapping haircuts and her having a much better face then before, and if it's a choice between a fugly haircut (even if it has "personality", i know ponytails on vidya game gals are common but doesn't mean it's any less representative of personality then having a trendy haircut does, one of the reasons its common its because it's one of the few options for long haired gals that are actually practical so is the haircut of choice for action girls that care about their looks, and Cassie being vain certainly fits her personality).

Only reason I'll give you it on generic soldier woman is because Sonya blade is also there and there is some overlap between them as we have two blonde ponytail military chicks, just one looks more :mad: and the other has sass.

D1FEs4NU8AACDT4.jpg

d%2527arci%2Bstern_union-city-police-officer-1.jpg
1060793609.jpg

Jax has been also confirmed - he's well hidden in the story trailer.

BTW So Shao Kahn is on the disc but playable only for people who preordered, truly dick move!

I hope Mileena is in as unlockable and Ermac is cosumed by Shang Tsung so out of all overused characters only Reptile left and NRS can fulfill remaing DLC slots with 3D era warrior. Lack of Fujin AGAIN would be retarded beyond anything.

If 1st Kombat Pack consist of 6 spots and 2nd will be the same then you have around 10 slots available for Havik and co. (rest is propably Reptile, Sindel and Spawn/Ash/Myers/Pinhead/Whatever).

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

And to the surprise of no one, Jacqui looks like trash and we'll all be calling her a wasted character slot in due time.

I'm curious as to whether or not they'd actually do a cliffhanger. If so, would they resolve this through another MK game or through DLC? It's not like a new MK game comes out on a regular schedule, but if they're planning to resolve it via DLC, that strikes me as a "we didn't have time to finish the campaign before release" type of situation.

I'm curious as to whether or not they'd actually do a cliffhanger. If so, would they resolve this through another MK game or through DLC? It's not like a new MK game comes out on a regular schedule, but if they're planning to resolve it via DLC, that strikes me as a "we didn't have time to finish the campaign before release" type of situation.

Every modern MK game ends with cliffhanger, no big deal. Some sources revelead that story will be proceeding just as in Injustice 2 - choose character for X chapter, multiple endings.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Or "we want to sell you the ending for $15". They did sell what was essentially a cheat code as DLC in MK X.

Is this that new Dragon Age game they've been talking about? Looks nothing like Mortal Kombat, looks like it's a Mix between Mass Effect and Dragon Age developed by Nuu-BioWare.

It's obvious NRS is heading towards AAA crowd since MKvsDC but let's appreciate it's a first game since Deception that tries to expand lore and retcon Armageddon's messy plot. Plus it was only a trailer, full geam will be not about gunshots and explosions.

There're bunch of cool dark MK-core shit leaked like
cultist Cyber Frost killing Sub-Zero or Shang Tsung consuming the whole MK1 island
but they will keep it as secret to the very end.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Damn I still remember playing MK1 at the EZMART against some older kid and kicking his ass. That room is now a storage closet.

I'm still scratching my head as to why Fujin wasn't in 10 given how it's MK4 redux with it's story.

This.

He was not only connected with MK4 but has also role as miniboss in Mythologies:Sub-Zero (story prequel to MK4), blah he was even in MKX first chapter slaying demons and revenants. They could at least bring him as DLC but they were selling Bo Rai Cho instead :retarded:

Still, there's hope he will be DLC for MK11.

Last edited:
bwetKIh.jpg

It's from official site, there are suddenly three aditional slot so that leak about unlockable Mileena / Shang / Rain get closer to the truth.

Vityaz

Augur
I still don't get why out of all the Kombat Kids, we just get the most boring army ones.

At least Takeda was kinda fun to play and since he's Scorpion's protegé, it would be interesting to see him interact with Frost who is Sub Zero's.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom