Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That should've been asked when they were still thinking up MKX tbh.

Squid

Arbiter
They really need that to be Arnold's voice. Whoever is doing it is doing it just well enough that it's obviously meant to be Arnold but not well enough that it sounds close enough to his voice. Kinda like an uncanny valley effect.

Adon

Arcane
He probably does have skins for T1 and T2 but more than likely they’re having his look from the new movie be his default for cross-promotion.

If this is everything then they don't. The closest thing to a movie look is the leather jacket one in the thumbnail, although it isn't any jacket I've seen in a movie; it just seems to the this games take on his leather jacket looks. The default look doesn't seem to match a somewhat similar looking jacket from the new movie either, since the movie one isn't leather.

The t-shirt with the holes does seem to be (mostly) right out of the new movie though.

Adon

Arcane
It does look like leather, but the default design is definitely from the new movie.

MV5BNzhlYjE5MjMtZDJmYy00MGZmLTgwN2MtZGM0NTk2ZTczNmU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-11-Terminator-645x370.png
Might've just been a stylistic choice to make it leather (and because its more identifiable with the T-800)

Yeah, I knew the design of that one was the same, (although the movie version is just one color) but I was thinking the movie one wasn't leather. It does look like really beat up leather in that poster though, the video game version definitely looks like a nice new version of that jacket.

Generic-Giant-Spider

MK11 has too many problems that at this point even if they did put in characters I would like to see, it means they'd have to be done in MK11's shitty gameplay design.

What's annoying is how so many people actually hooked themselves on this silly idea that MK11 is somehow a "neutral footsie" game. It isn't. Some characters are that way, some characters aren't that way. The characters that don't give a shit about MK11's alleged philosophy are also the best ones to play. The reality is MK11 is a very half baked continuation of MKX. In fact, imagine if MKX was a person that just got into a devastating car accident and now has to live with severe brain damage for the rest of their life. That's MK11. It's a game that is at odds with itself because it doesn't know what it wants to be. Of MK9, MKX and MK11 it is the weakest entry by far. People are infatuated with the graphics, but shit, let's be real, the graphics are technically impressive but they don't have that MK edge to them. I'm not talking about tits either, but just look back at MK9 and see how it looks like you're playing Mortal Kombat. Even MKX with its darker palette still carried a distinct MK vibe. MK11 is pretty, but it's mad basic.

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's amusing how the fatalities in terms of creativity have taken a sharp decline. I think the last fatality in MK11 they showed that I liked was Shang Tsung's where he makes Kintaro come out of you.

Anyways, Sindel is looking meh. Her face looks like Kitana's with some alterations and Kitana is ugly as sin in this game. Her hair physics look pretty shit too in that intro, you can clearly see clipping that you'd previously only find in wrestling games.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
She looks like a hybrid between Cetrion and nu-Kitana. Her moveset is cool and still iconic, even if a bit over the top, but yeah it's like a shittier version of my waifu.

Her hair physics look pretty shit too in that intro, you can clearly see clipping that you'd previously only find in wrestling games.

Wrestling is a first word that comes to mind after seeing that AWFUL fighting stance, I tought MK11 got rid of them. It would fit for thugs like Hsu Hao or Kano but not Sindel or any other woman except o Sheeva.

so is she the only character with tits in this?

I'm pretty shocked that politically correct nu-NRS agreed on this. What's more, she also got R.Mika's butt attack!

Generic-Giant-Spider

I long for the days of no guest characters in fighting games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom