Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

EjzxiNVVkAERhcQ

Generic-Giant-Spider

Due to Mileena being a clone of Kitana, they pretty much have to keep her looking similar so sadly she'll be some ugly chink but at least they made her have the good old Baraka mouth again. That "teeth but has lips" shit from MKX looked retarded.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The teeth lip thing was only so that D'Vorah could kiss her. Also, a reminder that Mileena has done it with Tanya and Baraka. I'm sure this is relevant somehow.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Mileena design is so fuckin lazy, they just copied and pasted Kitana's face on to her. "B-b-but she's supposed to be a clone/twin of Kitana, that's why she looks the same!!!" Lame excuse. She always had an unique design in the other games, leaving aside there's other games in this generation that features "twins" and they hired different models for the facial capture of those characters (Ex: Dante and Vergil in DMC5).

Generic-Giant-Spider

They never intended for Mileena to be put in the game to begin with, it's why Kitana had her sai and some shitty stance which let her do bootleg Mileena moves as compensation. I'm guessing they decided to keep MK11 from being known as the shittiest fighting game roster and threw the fans a bone with Mileena/Rain.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Given the shitty story, there's literally no reason not to include whoever they or the fans want.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Can't wait for the next dlc trailer.

Raiden: I'm entrusting you with the safety of the realms while I battle Shao Khan in Outworld.

Jimmie Walker: Dy-no-mite!

Adon

Arcane
Yep, believe it or not, contrary to what some people might think, the 3D MK games were fairly successful in their time. Even their weirdest, and possibly worst game, MKvsDC, ended up selling over 1 million copies iirc.

Thorakitai

Learned
Somehow, there are people who think that Mortal Kombat being the highest selling fighting game means something and it totally proves the " the FGC is wrong".

That's like saying fast food is high quality just because.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I think people get attached to the characters and the playstyles. I see people dramatically overreacting to the Mileena reveal for example. That's why I also prefer it over other fighting games, since I grew up with these characters and MK3 was one of my favorite games as a kid. The story in MK9 went bonkers, though, and it only kept getting worse in 10 and 11.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Somehow, there are people who think that Mortal Kombat being the highest selling fighting game means something and it totally proves the " the FGC is wrong".

That's like saying fast food is high quality just because.

The FGC is wrong though. They're a collection of tards and losers that almost make bronies look respectable by comparison.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The current day FGC allowed Smash into the inner circle.

They are not the TRUE FGC.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Rather than rally to fix the absolute shit gameplay and the worst hitboxes ever created in a fighting game that makes Eternal Champions look like KOF '98 by comparison, the Test Your Might forums (frequently viewed by NRS hired community members/Twitterbots) are tackling the issues that REALLY matter:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/we-did-something-about-maga-mk.73518/

Thank God I don't have to endure the shock and appall that is a humorous troll channel headbutting female characters as Kano over and over (this is actually a viable tactic btw), I was worried for a moment that MK11 may evolve into a game you can play for longer than thirty minutes before needing to cleanse yourself with a fighting game that doesn't play like shit.

I lol'd at this video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverfish

Arbiter
Sad, but hardly surprising. Ever since the WB buyout, both NRS and the MK community have become the biggest group of limp-wristed fags you could imagine in the pursuit of respectability. Their overreaction to Maga MK (actually a solid gimmick tbh) is just as assblasted as their response to Netotigr about 5 years ago. Anybody playing these "competitive" fighting games for a laugh is a "problem" that needs to be "dealt with". They're basically the speedrunning community, but without the testosterone.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Netotigr was another funny gimmick I remember but the new age MK fanbase are literal retards that think the guy standing fullscreen and making a joke on what NRS thinks is zoning by saying he's doing "complex combos" via spamming gunshots is serious.

Used to be such a fun shit-talking community too back in the day now taken over by furfags and fat half-breed girls that just want "positive vibes. :)"

Silverfish

Arbiter
Netotigr was another funny gimmick I remember but the new age MK fanbase are literal retards that think the guy standing fullscreen and making a joke on what NRS thinks is zoning by saying he's doing "complex combos" via spamming gunshots is serious.

My favorite was when he'd start an X-ray attack and mash buttons during the canned animation while bragging about how difficult it was to pull off such complicated moves. Any time prior to 2011, he'd have been a darling of the community. For what it's worth, he got in on the ground floor when Fortnite hit it big, so he's probably rolling in dough right now.

Used to be such a fun shit-talking community too back in the day now taken over by furfags and fat half-breed girls that just want "positive vibes. :)"

2004-2005 was the highlight. Deception was the first game with online and the community was a fucking mess, but in a way that was always fun and engaging. Look at how neutered things are now ("A youtuber said bad words! Someone has to do something!") and then reflect on the days when MK Online banned the entire Xbox Live community outright for being too rowdy.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Deception and Armageddon were so wild that I actually played those games just to get in on the action though I didn't like the gameplay one bit. So many people would say the most pernicious, vile things and it was treated as another day at the job. I used to be such a cocksucker back then I'd go to the "GGs" thread on MKOnline or TRMK and send the people on there commands for their character's Hara-Kiri and ask them to try it IRL. Nowadays you're banned from every forum and probably MK11 itself for dare suggesting such things.

There were also CLAN WARS people took super serious and would shitpost with such passion over. I'm also very certain I got dropped by Tom Brady a few times back in that era.

Silverfish

Arbiter
The clan wars were the best. I was mostly on MKOnline during that time, but usually hanging out and shitposting in the general discussion board (somehow only banned three times, and one of those was a temp). Since I only checked the online play boards every so often, I could lose a few hours catching up on all the shit talk and community bile.

I'd go to the "GGs" thread on MKOnline or TRMK and send the people on there commands for their character's Hara-Kiri and ask them to try it IRL. Nowadays you're banned from every forum and probably MK11 itself for dare suggesting such things.

These days, you would probably catch a ban just for bringing up that hara-kiris even existed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom