Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal: The Simulation Video Game

Gahbreeil

Scholar
Well to be fair in the biggest twist of fate their has been on this forum, the GDD at least proves that you've developed the world and setting, meaning thats their in of itself your prove on concept and your proof of owning your intellectual property... So We've finally found a use for the GDD yay!

laughing-vegeta-dragon-ball-ehf3g8b4d7vaug8w.gif
Hey, thanks! I figure I was a bit too hasty when I've told you, or someone else, to eat sh*t for trolling me. Turns out you weren't trolling!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is literally the only worthwhile thing in this entire thread. :salute:
So you don't care about the potential best simulation video game ever? Why are you even on this forum?

That is a question. Not a good one. Not even an interesting one. But definitely a question.

Thank you for helping improve the quality of this thread.

Kruyurk

Learned

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
Unrelated but how big is your reaction gif folder?
Massive
51ee5e38cbe02cf59dd7deab915fb70b234c8f48_hq.gif

Mind Blowing

This is literally the only worthwhile thing in this entire thread. :salute:
I know I have a fine taste in witty gifs that give an air of sophistication to my responses...

gimleh-yamato.gif

(Plus it allows me to show of my superior tastes in film, gaming and anime)

Well to be fair in the biggest twist of fate their has been on this forum, the GDD at least proves that you've developed the world and setting, meaning thats their in of itself your prove on concept and your proof of owning your intellectual property... So We've finally found a use for the GDD yay!

laughing-vegeta-dragon-ball-ehf3g8b4d7vaug8w.gif
Hey, thanks! I figure I was a bit too hasty when I've told you, or someone else, to eat sh*t for trolling me. Turns out you weren't trolling!
Me trolling never...

tumblr_n4igbva9181s079ezo1_400.gif

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
Plus it allows me to show of my superior tastes in film, gaming and anime
Legend of Galactic heroes does look worthwhile.
I mean you can never go wrong with the classics; VOTOMs, Mobile Suit Gundam, Legend of the Galactic Heroes or Space Battleship Yamato
b0d953f412da9b7ea5e45584643cfa78.gif

(Yamato 2199 is so good!)

To be competently off topic to see my complete and totally biased opinions check out my anime list;
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MarathonGuy1337

tenor.gif

Typical communists derailing my thread.
Hey I'm not a communist I like to think of myself as a New Type of intellectual thinker...
153457.gif

(See what I did thier)

Gahbreeil

Scholar
Your graphics engine is shit.
This is just a demonstrative version of the final product! You can see the minimalistic interface, the key mapping on the right, tooltips about using the array of actions and, of course, the tower of the evil wizard which towers above the Playable Character.

I don't even know why I wrote all of that after "product". Yeah? Up yours, buddy.

Gahbreeil

Scholar
Dude... I'm inches away from posting the Ali-G hoverboard clip again. This is literally the same thing IRL, I just can't... :?
It's just design? I mean, what else can a designer, non-programmer, do other than write and then draw for the people who can't bother reading tl;dr's?

Also, I don't think I remember what you're saying, go ahead and do so that I can refresh my memory.

Kruyurk

Learned
XY4y6el.jpeg

Is this what I was supposed to provide? Honest question. Crispy, help out.
Did you draw that with a pen that cannot be erased or a pencil? I am asking because my screen is not 1920*1080 and my keyboard is not QWERTY, so I would like to remap the WASD to ZQSD.

Nonetheless it is indeed a very good idea to have the option menu displayed at all time in the top right corner. I have never seen any game do it but it's pretty smart. Usually the option menu is separated from the rest of the game, which is annoying.

Gahbreeil

Scholar
Did you draw that with a pen that cannot be erased or a pencil? I am asking because my screen is not 1920*1080 and my keyboard is not QWERTY, so I would like to remap the WASD to ZQSD.

Nonetheless it is indeed a very good idea to have the option menu displayed at all time in the top right corner. I have never seen any game do it but it's pretty smart. Usually the option menu is separated from the rest of the game, which is annoying.
Suprisingly enough, Kruyurk, I drew that with a pen that can be erased. Nonetheless, the matter of how oblivious you are to the fact that it's not the options menu and an early draft of a guide to what would be happening on the screen together with the almost tangible sarcasm made me decide to Keep Up The Good Work and not kms.

Kruyurk

Learned

Suprisingly enough, Kruyurk, I drew that with a pen that can be erased. Nonetheless, the matter of how oblivious you are to the fact that it's not the options menu and an early draft of a guide to what would be happening on the screen together with the almost tangible sarcasm made me decide to Keep Up The Good Work and not kms.
So what will be the keybinding for the option menu? Please don't make it the escape button, mine has not been working since my Unreal Tournament days, many years ago. I don't slam my keyboard anymore because the selection of games that I can play with the few keys still working is very limited.

Keep Up The Good Work :salute: and don't ever think that I wanted you to kys, I am not a cyberbully.

Gahbreeil

Scholar
So what will be the keybinding for the option menu? Please don't make it the escape button, mine has not been working since my Unreal Tournament days, many years ago. I don't slam my keyboard anymore because the selection of games that I can play with the few keys still working is very limited.

Keep Up The Good Work :salute: and don't ever think that I wanted you to kys, I am not a cyberbully.
It is the Escape button. Inventories and Skills are sub-parts of the Journal under J.

Kruyurk

Learned
I'm confused...

What does this prove?

It proves that graph paper was never meant to draw shitty anime shit but to design prestigious cRPGs. Now either tell us if you can code or create assets for free so that we can transcend the graph paper, or stop disturbing the sanctity of this thread!

d6mrbs6-c35f1d28-edc8-4b97-82f8-f5d4bce93619.jpg

Gahbreeil

Scholar
What does this prove?
It showcases the addition of how the interface looks into the Design Document. It's the retractable bars in the top left. Other than that, I've doodled to fill the paper.

Is anyone aware that I'm taking constructive criticism, advice and ideas for the project in this thread? If you want the newest version of the document, just tell me and I'll post it again. Remember, trolling, laughing at me and suggesting that I should learn to code was already mentioned over the time I've spent on the forum, doesn't work and the end result desired is unachievable. So don't do.

Gahbreeil

Scholar
JsFRzuq.jpeg
DJ7Z1GA.jpeg

This should clear a lot up. The game allows both TPP and FPP because why not if it's a 3D Isometric Environ.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom