Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Hellion

Arcane
People claim that the latest patch broke their savegames once more.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Features I would like to see:
- Preset orders. Ideally with a simple dominions like interface that allows you to set the formation but even just default orders like infantry use shield wall, cavalry follow me etc. would be good.
- Instant training duel. Ideally available from the inventory screen so you can try weapons before you buy. You press a button, pick someone from your party and have a one on one.

deuxhero

Arcane
Just like Warband, no matter how much you piss off an enemy country they can't really do anything to you if you don't hold land except chase you a short distance on the world map. The loot from killing the armies of lords is extensive. Relationship hits from killing lords is currently buged, as it extends to mercs (if employed by the kingdom), employers (if killing a merc) and, worst of all, anyone the person you killed has met and gotten a positive impression on. This means random notables will hate you forever for killing someone they had 2/100 relationship with. Still with one exception my current killing spree has only damaged my relationship within a single faction. The hit also appears to be to the player character, not the clan or relatives. If your kid is already born (so they won't inherit negative traits) and near of age, it looks like you can execute everyone you want to before handing over the reigns with minimal penalty.

What are everyone's thoughts on quality vs quantity of troops? At first it was looking to me like quantity was a better approach, because all units have same HP now and I've seen Looters kill Sea Raiders, upper tier infantry, etc. The gaps between upper- and lower-tier units are not nearly as wide as they were with Warband.

Quality still gives overworld movement speed, lower food consumption and better loot. Those alone are pretty huge. The new recruiting system makes replacing dead men a bit of a hassel, so it's best to build in a way to minimize losses.

Archers are absolutely ahead in quality vs. quantity. Higher tier archers miss less, have higher range and have dramatic damage difference. There's also limited space to stand on hills. Cavalry also wins on quantity vs. quality because there simply aren't really any good options for quantity cavalry. Infantry is the only place it might ever win on quanitity.

I've been creaming the Aserai so badly they've started fielding armies that are 50% recruits and 25% tier 2 units. These just completely fold against elite archer ambush + cavalry mop-up, even with better than 2-1 odds. 3-1 of such forces is just barely too much for my elite force to win, but having a small force with lots of horses means I can easily avoid such fights.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lithium Flower Why the retarded rating?

Some stuff just gives way too much. Think it's forest bandits that have a chance of dropping some high tier arm-armor that is worth over 2000 gold. Why is that guy even a bandit? I stand by that it's way too profitable just killing random dudes and selling off their stuff. As soon as you get a caravan up, or have some workshops, or even a place of your own you will have no money trouble at all.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
99976F9B2DD901F393D27861468BF04BD965523A

So many moles to pop, yet I cant catch any of 'em.

Zanzoken

Arcane
So is starting your own kingdom bugged? I renounced my allegiance to Southern Empire, kept my fiefs, and completed the independent kingdom quest through Istiana. But I can't declare war on anyone and I'm not gaining any influence from battles.

Anyone got experience with this?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So is starting your own kingdom bugged? I renounced my allegiance to Southern Empire, kept my fiefs, and completed the independent kingdom quest through Istiana. But I can't declare war on anyone and I'm not gaining any influence from battles.

Anyone got experience with this?
Did you try to raid any of the villages? That usually starts war immediately.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
How the fuck are people getting these insane custom banners? I found a banner editor, but it won't let me use my own image. It has to be possible, I saw a picture of a ghostbusters banner on PC Gmaer earlier

I have a kickass Ourobouros symbol I want to use

deuxhero

Arcane
Another thing in favor of quality over quantity I just remembered: In-battle morale is far more important in Bannerlord than it was in Warband. Losing a bunch of low tier soldiers=rout for all non-elite units.

PulsatingBrain
Aside from the possibility of just modding it in, the banner editor supports a lot of shapes at once. I wouldn't put it past someone to assemble something by just combining circles and squares.

deuxhero

Arcane
How detailed do you want your ourobouros? You can technically make one with just 4 circles/ovals like this.

11.35.116.1836.1836.768.788.1.0.-30.503.126.116.250.250.664.764.0.1.0.503.126.116.250.250.864.764.0.1.0.503.116.116.150.150.864.764.0.1.0.503.116.116.150.150.664.764.0.1.0

Hellion

Arcane
You can't declare war (or make peace) from the kingdom management menu, as kingdom diplomacy is not yet implemented.

Influence as a faction leader is "semi-bugged", meaning that if it is at zero and you gain, for example, 0.3 influence in a battle, it won't count. You have to earn at least 1 influence point in a battle, and then it starts counting properly.

curry

Arcane
This Early Access is basically a beta version you can buy. Everything is broken and so much stuff that's in Warband is not implemented yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom