Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Aemar

Arcane
That kind of artwork would make a nice cover art. That reminds me of the terrible covers for the original and Warband, which in turn reminds me that I have a physical copy of the original M&B around somewhere.
Quite sure the set with the individual horsemen is meant just for cover art.

Danikas

Arcane
They finally announce a release date and of course my country becomes the third in the world for Coronavirus contagion.
I wonder why ?
washing-hands-source.jpg

Zariusz

Arbiter
Imagine the mods. MODS! I just cant wait. Gimme muh Butterlord.

BTW: Do you think that migration of Warband mods into Bannerlord will begin after early access or after release?

Aemar

Arcane
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HEQNkaWrrM1_3zYrvV6J28Dl5KMzlMEZlNm-v9wiTDQ/edit

A full list of skills and their associated perks (Gamescom 2019). Most of the time you'll have to choose between two perks after reaching a certain proficiency skill level; choosing one locks the other. What I find to be really confusing is the decision to associate certain perks with skills that, at least in theory, don't have anything in common. Like the perks for the level 35 in Two Handed Weapon skill: Garrison Capacity (Governor) Garrison max size +10 & Reduced Wage (Governor) Garrison wages reduced by 5%. In Warband these two perks would have been associated with the Leadership skill.

I don't think this is the final list (it could already be obsolete), so I expect things to change for the better, especially since we're talking about early access.

deuxhero

Arcane
IDtenT
The question was when it would begin, not when it would be released.

edit:
The tactics skill talks about simulation battles. At first I thought it was some kind of replacement for autobattle (perhaps something like JA2 has), but perks don't line with that.

Leadership is really focused on fiefs, but according to the description raises from normal gameplay long before you'd ever get one.

Crafting and trading talk about your kingdom's culture. Wonder how that works.

According to the official forums, the moding update is delayed because the guy in charge is sick. Hopefully not corona chan

edit:

Actually interesting video comparing animations between Bannerlord and Warband. Biggest improvements are horses and attack animations (you're no longer a statue while you have an attack prime). Some heritage in the animations is obvious, which is nice.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Thinking about not buying this on release and picking up the Viking Conquest DLC for Warband for $4 now.
Why not both? Viking Conquest Reforged is solid, turns Warband into a more proper RPG experience with multiple starting points, questlines, lots of C&C, NPCs that betray you, upon character creation you can take personality traits that provide different dialog options, et cetera. Really only downside is while there are tiers of horses none are super heavily armored. It might not be your cup of tea but do give it a shot if even slightly interested since it's as cheap as you say.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Thinking about not buying this on release and picking up the Viking Conquest DLC for Warband for $4 now.
Why not both? Viking Conquest Reforged is solid, turns Warband into a more proper RPG experience with multiple starting points, questlines, lots of C&C, NPCs that betray you, upon character creation you can take personality traits that provide different dialog options, et cetera. Really only downside is while there are tiers of horses none are super heavily armored. It might not be your cup of tea but do give it a shot if even slightly interested since it's as cheap as you say.
Viking conquest is awesome. But every piece of armour and clothing is weirdly buffed.
Btw are there any content mods for this? I always wanted to play in VC as Polabian Slav sea raider or Frankish lord.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why not both?
I figure I can afford to wait a few months for patches and the modding community to catch up. They might offer some 20% sheckel discount during the summer sale. Not like there's a pre-order bonus, atm.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
You poor souls thinking Bannerlord will actually be allowed to be released. Divine intervention via coronavirus will kill every last person in Turkey before this happens.

no i'm pretty sure erdogan is just gonna bomb corona into oblivion, treating the issue with the same grace as his foreign policy stances. we're gonna get bannerlord, don't you worry your pretty little head

Got bored and left

Glorious Sultan Erdogan planned this all along!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom