Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My new crpg (under heavy development)

Should I continue the development?

• Yes, it looks great.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Yes, but it needs heavy development.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Rather not.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Good gracious no!

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
Amazing work OP, I'll hire you immediately to work on BG3!
Thank you very much the job opportunity!
But I am afraid my graphical knowledge is not top-ot-the-line or state-of-art.
And I do not want to be only a cog in the machinery among 100 other programmers and 100 graphic artists.

pepehmmm.png

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
I have colored the spell selecting screen by spell realms. So sky = white, ocean = blue, etc
The selected spell is green with red box.
Is it better this way? I am not sure..

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Amazing work OP, I'll hire you immediately to work on BG3!
Thank you very much the job opportunity!
But I am afraid my graphical knowledge is not top-ot-the-line or state-of-art.
And I do not want to be only a cog in the machinery among 100 other programmers and 100 graphic artists.
I understand, a person with your skill level is also too expensive for my indie company anyways.

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
World map, where you can see all the towns and fields and the dungeons. You can mark a dungeon to completed if it is a 100% discovered. On the map the discovery percent is displayed.

Fargus

Arcane
On steam of course, right next to Redaxium. As a part of "Codex Schizo RPG" bundle. Two masterpieces so unforgettable that you would need a few barrels of russian moonshine to be able to forget them.

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
On steam of course, right next to Redaxium. As a part of "Codex Schizo RPG" bundle. Two masterpieces so unforgettable that you would need a few barrels of russian moonshine to be able to forget them.
Not on steam. But big respect for Prosper releasing his game on steam.
I will only upload MotUW onto itch.io for free.

BanEvader

Not on steam. But big respect for Prosper releasing his game on steam.
I will only upload MotUW onto itch.io for free.
And deny us the privilege, nay, the prestige of owning this masterpiece on Steam?
You put it up on Steam Greenlight and I'll shill your game on the Codex and /v/ until it passes.
Lets make this happen bro.
edit: They got rid of Greenlight in 2017? The fuck...

Last edited by a moderator:

Radiane

Cipher
Well, if someone would ask me wether I´d like to play this or Skyrim, my choice would always go to this, to be honest

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
If you discover a new field/meadow, the number of dungeons of that meadow immediately displayed on the world map. The entry of the dungeon have to be discovered, but you know there will be 2 dungeons for example.
Is this a good idea? Or should it be optional? Player has to discover all the entries of dungeons on that field?

Now the player have to right click on the dungeon (on the map) to mark it fully discovered. All levels discovered 100%.

Last edited:

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
I cannot believe this. I am carefully mapping a level of a dungeon. And at the end it is incomplete, only discovered 99%. This is not the first case. So I have to go back and find that missing piece. omg. Who knows, may be a relic there.

Last edited:

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
Now you can mark lava fields on the map by mouse right-click. So you do not have to step into lava for mapping.

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
Game looks awesome, can't wait to play it
You can try out the roguelike version: MotUW
But this map editing feature is not in 1.0.0.

Can edit more map types. Walls, chutes, lavas.

Delete existing map markers. Make new places in the dungeon --- only for fun. (only map changes)

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
Are the textures final or a work in progress?
The textures are randomly generated. I will add more.

MotUW 1.0.8 released.
New features are:
the Map editor above
Town portal between discovered towns. On the world map you can choose a destination town.
Feeling something strange is mentioned in the journal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom