Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo - Old school RPG inspired by W7 and EoB

Casual Hero

Augur
That lowercase "search" is killing me, but this is great!

Also, you sound like a southern cowboy in your description text:

But, after more than 25 years, we found all them early unfinished DOS versions, maps, concept art and documentation lying on old disks collecting dust.

negator2vc

Scholar
The system requirements for the linux version are really weird. Ubuntu 22.04 seriously?
It should be Ubuntu 20.04 since it a still supported version until 2025.
I really hope it a mistake while setting up the page.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
The system requirements for the linux version are really weird. Ubuntu 22.04 seriously?
It should be Ubuntu 20.04 since it a still supported version until 2025.
I really hope it a mistake while setting up the page.
We don't know exact requirements yet (for any system), so I just put something there. ;)

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
That lowercase "search" is killing me, but this is great!

Also, you sound like a southern cowboy in your description text:

But, after more than 25 years, we found all them early unfinished DOS versions, maps, concept art and documentation lying on old disks collecting dust.
Will ask staff at GOG to fix "search" to "Search" (their mistake, as they are the ones putting up the page - I just sent material ;) )

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Speaking of teleportation puzzles, will an automap be included? I can see a small map on the top right, but unless I am mistaken and it was shown earlier, there is no large dungeon map. That will make it difficult to impossible for many players to progress if there is not one.
Automap is included, but the quality depends on how good any of your character is in "Mapping" skill.
It can also be enlarged over the whole viewport easily (by clicking on the small automap).
An old school game with modern conveniences like automapping is the best of both worlds. It's part of what made Grimoire so good.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, it could be worse.

Could be completely inverted capitalization or just random typo crap: MYsti ClanD: sEArch 4madalpho

Anyway, is there an ETA for the release date of the release date/demo yet?

Announcements to prepare you for announcements are my favourite things.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Will ask staff at GOG to fix "search" to "Search"
Steam also hasn't updated the name yet.
Why dude is blaming them?
Some coincidence both gog and steam used lowercase, but not me submitting my game, pinky swear!
On Steam, it was first my mistake, but I submitted order for correction awhile ago now. Someone even posted the link where we discussed the title with users of this forum (so you see It's not hard for me to admit to a mistake ;) ).
I double checked now.
On Steam store setup, everything is as it should be, I don't know why the title on Steam store still "serves" lowercase "search".
Will try to contact them again.

I also now checked all the correspondence and the contract with GOG, and the title I submitted was with uppercase "Search" ;)

It's not a big deal really - I will submit tickets for correction.
But this time, it really wasn't our fault ;)

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Well, it could be worse.

Could be completely inverted capitalization or just random typo crap: MYsti ClanD: sEArch 4madalpho

Anyway, is there an ETA for the release date of the release date/demo yet?

Announcements to prepare you for announcements are my favourite things.
Currently the release date for demo is "End of 2023 / Early 2024". :)

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Will ask staff at GOG to fix "search" to "Search"
Steam also hasn't updated the name yet.
Why dude is blaming them?
Some coincidence both gog and steam used lowercase, but not me submitting my game, pinky swear!
On Steam, it was first my mistake, but I submitted order for correction awhile ago now. Someone even posted the link where we discussed the title with users of this forum (so you see It's not hard for me to admit to a mistake ;) ).
I double checked now.
On Steam store setup, everything is as it should be, I don't know why the title on Steam store still "serves" lowercase "search".
Will try to contact them again.

I also now checked all the correspondence and the contract with GOG, and the title I submitted was with uppercase "Search" ;)

It's not a big deal really - I will submit tickets for correction.
But this time, it really wasn't our fault ;)
I was told it's fixed on GOG now (and as far as I can see, it really is).
Also, the "coincidence" of both sites having it wrong was the fact that GOG can "harvest" basic data from Steam (title, description, ...) ... and so you can see where this is going and why this error happened on GOG as well ;)

Anyway. It's fixed on GOG and I already asked Steam support to do the same about 2 hours ago.

The Limper

Educated
Who is Maphaldo anyway?

Is he an Ancient ArchLich who was only brought down by the combined might of good? (Nah, been done before…)

Maybe an Archpriest who destroyed the cult of the followers of Sodom for their enslavement and daily rapes of all dwarven smiths? (Only because he secretly wanted them all to himself? Maphaldo the Smith-Poker?)

How about a geneticist who is the creator of the one and only albino Dark Elves? (Nah…he’s probably just color-blind!)

Or better yet, he’s the level 3 mage spell version of the Phaldo spell?

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who is Maphaldo anyway?

Is he an Ancient ArchLich who was only brought down by the combined might of good? (Nah, been done before…)

Maybe an Archpriest who destroyed the cult of the followers of Sodom for their enslavement and daily rapes of all dwarven smiths? (Only because he secretly wanted them all to himself? Maphaldo the Smith-Poker?)

How about a geneticist who is the creator of the one and only albino Dark Elves? (Nah…he’s probably just color-blind!)

It's Phaldo's mom, don't overthink it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Who is Maphaldo anyway?

It's Phaldo's mom, don't overthink it.
There's map in guy's name so we're probably looking at Golden Kamuy knockoff.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Who is Maphaldo anyway?

Maphaldo is the 2nd cousin of MacGuffin

Butter

Arcane
Patron
where_is_waldo.jpg

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Who is Maphaldo anyway?

I hope the plot twist will be that Maphaldo is just an old bum and that he can't help you sAvE tHe W0rLd

only the McGuffin can

Bara

Arcane
First game I've actually bothered to put on a wishlist so I don't forget about it.

Got hopes for this one.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Hey guys/gals, quick question.

We are discussing the mythology skill and potential additional penalty if you don't identify monsters in the fight (so when you get ?? rat ?? instead of Giant rat for example - like in Wizardry).
The idea is, that if you don't know the monster, all physical attacks would have a bit of a penalty (not too much, but let say in the range of 10-20% ?) - as the fighter wouldn't know where (on the body) the monster is most vulnerable to attacks
This would also add additional utility to mythology skill.

What do you think about this idea?
Would you be up for it? Do you think it's no good? This is another one where we WILL listen to you and will go with what the majority of you will "vote for".

I will also have new material to show any day now, along with a few news tidbits. We are "building" the game every day - So stay tuned ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom