Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News NEO Scavenger Officially Released

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Crooked Bee, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Talby Arcane Patron

Talby
    Codex USB, 2014
    You failed to find anything useful this time.

You have frozen to death.

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    Great Game!!!!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. crawlkill Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!

crawlkill
    all of them. you will die a milliondy times.

no idea how long it looks for someone who can actually hope to get through it, but I've played it a few times a year since the original beta and I still get devoured before the plot actually starts much of the time.

you should get it. it's ominous, it's got gorgeous sound and art design, it's hardcore in the most infuriating-in-a-way-that-makes-you-wanna-play-again-not-quit way. fantastic understated writing that exposes the world to you bit by bit in a constantly subversive way. just get it! it's cheap and it's worth it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Oh, I already have it. I just do not want to start a very long game knowing I will not have time to get immersed in it, so I stick to shorter ones these days.

^ Top  
  5. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    You will die countless times dont worry .. and its highly recommendable so try it anyway

^ Top  
  6. belated Augur

belated
    Forgot I had this on steam, been a while since I played it last...
    Guess it's time for another go!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Instant buy!

.... as soon as I am done with the other instant buys on my list ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Doctor Sbaitso SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Patron

Doctor Sbaitso
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
    Ventured too far from my campsite and succumbed to stomach malady and blood loss. A refreshing twist for rogue-like lovers.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. eXalted Prophet

eXalted
    Met a crazy guy in a radiated mine. Gave him my pendant for something like a power cell.

...Got attacked my the Wrath and killed.

(Didn't even have space to take the cell with me)

Start new game! :kingcomrade:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. 28.8bps Modem Prophet

28.8bps Modem
    Oh all right, you've convinced me. I'll buy it this weekend. :takemyjewgold:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    BTW, the game has mods as well, some very nice: http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/3414

Extended NeoScav v2.9c adds a lot of new stuff, and makes the game even harder. On the bright side, you can ride a bike. AND ride it into battle - that's certainly new.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. snoek Augur

snoek
    I've bought it a week ago after trying the demo somewherea year ago (and already being excited back then). I heard it was close to release and I couldn't resist any longer.
    I didn't get very far yet but it's very interesting. I find myself constantly learning new things (I always die in under an hour irl). I'm kind of curious for what's out there as well. What a gem!
    I've played it almost daily since I got it.

^ Top  
  13. UnknownBro Savant

UnknownBro
    Can't... resist... anymore... Just bought it.

A few hours in and this is addictive as fuck. So far this game oozes good gameplay.

^ Top  
  14. Doctor Sbaitso SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Patron

Doctor Sbaitso
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
    It's pretty tough to get any kind of established.

I had some meat, fur and a tarp, some berries, mushrooms, a multi-tool, water & container, a couple of plastic bags and a sleeping bag. I could basically live there for some time holed up at the cryo center. Eventually tried gathering supplies, mostly looking for clothes and weapons. Some dogmen fucked me up good. I tied to hide in desperation as soon as I saw them but they found me. I had no chance to survive that encounter. Excellent.

^ Top  
  15. EG Nullified

EG
    Highly recommend a combat oriented build, with much chasing down of NPCs and killing them for their loot.

Get out and explore the world.

^ Top  
  16. Redeye Arcane

Redeye
  17. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    What in the hell is the tarp for? I can't figure that out.

^ Top  
  18. MrBuzzKill Arbiter

MrBuzzKill
    Is there any kind of story to this game? Or just survival?

^ Top  
  19. Doctor Sbaitso SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Patron

Doctor Sbaitso
    I would expect that you can make a tent. I don't really know but it would seem logical.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Gozma Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Gozma
    It's a component for a camp shelter thing you can use to keep you warm/protect you from rain/sleep better.

Personally I endeavor to get enough clothing to just sleep comfortably in the middle of a flat field every night with no sleeping bag. At the point I played nothing was sneaky enough to move the ?50 steps it takes to reach melee distance without waking you if they randomly come across your tile in the dark.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. torpid Liturgist

torpid
    Walking around in mismatched shoes looking for shit to put in my plastic bags

This could've really been called Bum: The Game.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  22. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    Yeah, this game is good. I have recommended it to several here at Obsidian.

It is definitely easier to start off with melee, strong, and trapper. That fur coat at the beginning of the game insures your immediate protection from the elements.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    io didn't play it for several months and i wonder did they implemented some kind of penalty for walking in two left/right shoes

^ Top  
  24. Gozma Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Gozma
    Yeah, I think it was either a proximate or at least secondary cause for one of my near-latest-version characters to die because I'd gotten foot blisters from wearing two right shoes.

^ Top  
  25. snoek Augur

snoek
    tarp can be used as cover in a campsite (when it's raining) if I'm not mistaken. Didn't try this yet but you probably just need to add it to the campsite you use and it'll boost some stat (I think).

edit: It might have some other uses as well..

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.