Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News NEO Scavenger Officially Released

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
You failed to find anything useful this time.

You have frozen to death.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Bros, how long is this game in terms of hours, more or less?

all of them. you will die a milliondy times.

no idea how long it looks for someone who can actually hope to get through it, but I've played it a few times a year since the original beta and I still get devoured before the plot actually starts much of the time.

you should get it. it's ominous, it's got gorgeous sound and art design, it's hardcore in the most infuriating-in-a-way-that-makes-you-wanna-play-again-not-quit way. fantastic understated writing that exposes the world to you bit by bit in a constantly subversive way. just get it! it's cheap and it's worth it.

belated

Augur
Forgot I had this on steam, been a while since I played it last...
Guess it's time for another go!

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Ventured too far from my campsite and succumbed to stomach malady and blood loss. A refreshing twist for rogue-like lovers.

eXalted

Arcane
Met a crazy guy in a radiated mine. Gave him my pendant for something like a power cell.

...Got attacked my the Wrath and killed.

(Didn't even have space to take the cell with me)

Start new game! :kingcomrade:

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
Re: Flash vs. Haxe, it is actually Flash. Haxe is what I intend to use in future projects, though. This is mainly due to the limitations Flash seems to be accumulating as it ages. Flash-cookie-based save system is one of the big deal breakers, and would accurately be considered "janky." Escape key hard-wiring is another. That said, I think I've managed to pin down the major issues this time around, I just don't want to wrestle that beast in the future if I don't have to.

Oh all right, you've convinced me. I'll buy it this weekend. :takemyjewgold:

snoek

Cipher
I've bought it a week ago after trying the demo somewherea year ago (and already being excited back then). I heard it was close to release and I couldn't resist any longer.
I didn't get very far yet but it's very interesting. I find myself constantly learning new things (I always die in under an hour irl). I'm kind of curious for what's out there as well. What a gem!
I've played it almost daily since I got it.

UnknownBro

Savant
Can't... resist... anymore... Just bought it.

A few hours in and this is addictive as fuck. So far this game oozes good gameplay.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It's pretty tough to get any kind of established.

I had some meat, fur and a tarp, some berries, mushrooms, a multi-tool, water & container, a couple of plastic bags and a sleeping bag. I could basically live there for some time holed up at the cryo center. Eventually tried gathering supplies, mostly looking for clothes and weapons. Some dogmen fucked me up good. I tied to hide in desperation as soon as I saw them but they found me. I had no chance to survive that encounter. Excellent.

EG

Nullified
Highly recommend a combat oriented build, with much chasing down of NPCs and killing them for their loot.

Get out and explore the world.

Redeye

Arcane
If only there were a polar bear in cryo that you could skin and make a suit.

Gozma

Arcane
What in the hell is the tarp for? I can't figure that out.

It's a component for a camp shelter thing you can use to keep you warm/protect you from rain/sleep better.

Personally I endeavor to get enough clothing to just sleep comfortably in the middle of a flat field every night with no sleeping bag. At the point I played nothing was sneaky enough to move the ?50 steps it takes to reach melee distance without waking you if they randomly come across your tile in the dark.

torpid

Liturgist
Walking around in mismatched shoes looking for shit to put in my plastic bags

This could've really been called Bum: The Game.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, this game is good. I have recommended it to several here at Obsidian.

It is definitely easier to start off with melee, strong, and trapper. That fur coat at the beginning of the game insures your immediate protection from the elements.

tindrli

Arcane
Walking around in mismatched shoes looking for shit to put in my plastic bags

This could've really been called Bum: The Game.

io didn't play it for several months and i wonder did they implemented some kind of penalty for walking in two left/right shoes

Gozma

Arcane
Yeah, I think it was either a proximate or at least secondary cause for one of my near-latest-version characters to die because I'd gotten foot blisters from wearing two right shoes.

snoek

Cipher
What in the hell is the tarp for? I can't figure that out.
tarp can be used as cover in a campsite (when it's raining) if I'm not mistaken. Didn't try this yet but you probably just need to add it to the campsite you use and it'll boost some stat (I think).

edit: It might have some other uses as well..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom