Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Just ran Epic Spellplague with a PUG for my first time. Other than the leader being a douchebag (I fell in the slime ONCE), I did very well. Got 2nd in kills, last in deaths (guess that one didn't count) and I tanked the boss fairly well. Got two T2 helms out of it.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Have you run any T2 dungeons yet? It can be a rather rude awakening.
From uberepics i just did the spellplague. Got to pirate boss today - but there was no bridge. Wierd bug or something.

My point was, that you can die easily, unprepared/unorganized. And i did at dread vault before. But with some kind of strategy fights can be very easy. Mistakes can be very unforgiving though. Second point was - wtf with the difficulty? This Carrundax supposed to be way hotter then mad dragon, but he wasn't (compared with the level in mind when you could do them).

Gerrard

Arcane
Pirate king's lair will be fixed in next patch, because obviously this is too much work for a hotfix (you probably need to redownload the entire map).

Also, on the test server respec tokens are now free.

Gerrard

Arcane
We're on Dragon, there are no EU servers, all of them are in the US.

There is a test server? You don't mean that i can log into it with my char and respec for free?
Yeah, there is a test server with a test build of the game that is ahead of the normal one. You can copy a character you already have to it, but not back.
You can switch between normal and test build from the launcher after you log in, there are two options at the bottom "Neverwinter" and "Neverwinter Preview".

Okay. I had a friend help me register my account from outside China and now I'm doing the 5k meg download. Crossing my fingers there won't be an IP check on login.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
soooo we doin that gorrgamathingie or still chillin ??? im good either way

It would be great if we could get more organized and run Gauntlgrym at least semi-regularly. So far afaik the only ones of us who've run it have done so in PUGs. I haven't even queue'd for it myself yet, but I'm kind of hoping to be able to earn my Ioun Stone before running it since I still have the crappy cleric.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Early Bird and I joined up and queue'd together for epic Frozen Heart last night. We got matched up with some decent PUG'ers. The experience was... interesting. The run up to the boss went smoothly enough with I think only one or two players going down during the first two boss fights. Hrimnir, however, was a different story.

Apparently ever since this dungeon was "fixed", Hrimnir can no longer be coaxed out of his chamber thus making the adds a matter of just ditching. You have to do everything in that cramped circular room, which essentially boils down to an extended kite-fest.

So Early Bird with his GF volunteered for that duty, and we finally managed, but it took us four tries. On the first attempt I have to admit I wasn't doing what was expected of me. Something was mentioned about taking out the archers (sharpshooters) but in the chaos we wiped. Second and third tries went incrementally better, getting him down to only 20% on the third. Every time I was the last survivor, and at one point Early Bird typed, "Crispy, you're the only one in there", that's how focused I was on staying alive. I lol'd.

The final attempt was a real teeth grinder. Our TR finally figured out how to survive longer than five minutes (he even tried to whisper Early Bird telling him mobs were on him!) and he helped me out on the boss a lot more, which finally yielded success.

Anyone going in on this one in epic, be prepared. I was very surprised our group stuck it out.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No word on new classes ETA yet. I'd expect them to try adding at least the Ranger when Feywild goes live.

Gerrard

Arcane
The dragon slayer title will be mine ...eventually.
aLtXC7y.jpg

The dragon fart knocks me back even if I have unstoppable active, makes this really annoying.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
soooo we doin that gorrgamathingie or still chillin ??? im good either way

It would be great if we could get more organized and run Gauntlgrym at least semi-regularly. So far afaik the only ones of us who've run it have done so in PUGs. I haven't even queue'd for it myself yet, but I'm kind of hoping to be able to earn my Ioun Stone before running it since I still have the crappy cleric.
I was on for, i think, all last 4-5 events. So maybe you guys just need to show up.
It's funny - last night i had a very strong group. We did 3 runs, without "speeding". No potions drinking for me as tank. Today, because some awesome pro gamer started to speed run through it, we gathered all the trash mobs and mini boss and almost died. Result barely 2 runs, waste of potions.

I also vaguely assume, that you can loot any pvp and T1 items from the T1 dungeon. I already had wizard pvp piece and T1 gauntlets and shields. Sooooo, maybe stalwart pieces too? Suck it, Mad Dragon?

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Gotta say, it's amazing how much more BORING the game becomes the moment you switch to Rogue.
I have Rogue as alt - i have to say i loooooooooved kicking so much ass, as compared to GF. PVP can be also really a no-brainer, like pizza - if you're bad, you still good for some kills. But looking at higher level encounters and feats - i really have no idea what to spec. Initial 3 encounters (dazing, that backstab jump and giant knife spell) kinda too good to swap out.

Wild Slop

Arcane
The changes to Frozen Heart where for the mini bosses. Like the final chamber in the level 60 skirmish they added check point like chamber doors before each one. Hrimnir, as far as I tell, has always been a ball busting prick.

Again I implore you dear brothers that we should get a guild group to do partial runs of Castle Never. Reason being to get those sweet ancient rings and ______ drops from the mini bosses.
I haven't done the Mind Flayer one yet either.

I wondered if going for mini boss drops would work on the Mad Dragon too. But even if it is true that something like my goal of a Stalwart Helm drop can come from there, the chances of it might be very low. So maybe just Castle Never.

*Just read jimmy post, hell yeah! Oh how I covet the Stalwart so!

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Ok, for dedicated GFs out there - i tried the "overpowered" Conqueror spec on the test server. It's an interesting build. You're supposed to be totally reckless - means no skills for blocking - no shield talent. Basically 100% block all the time (+100% power bonus), because you facetank.
Go to the mob - cleave it like hell. Killing trash yields like 800 hp on my 30k total. Power up daily - trigger the Healing daily. Hitting 3 targets with Frontline Surge yields 10k+ hp. Proceed cleaving, cycle through dmg encounters - win. I am wondering how's that gonna work at boss fights. Needs a good healer and a lot of moving, i guess.

Aaaaaand certainly the extra 7,5k power from the stalwart set will probably do wonders. Without it, i am at almost 6k power, which results in a "fake" GS of over 12k.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Another contest is up: Hero of the North one this time. Ends July 8th at which point if the pattern continues they will have another. They've been cycling through "Hero of the North Pack" "Guardian of Neverwinter Pack" and "Starter Kit" 's.

Is the test server a special separate download first? I'm not seeing this "Neverwinter / Neverwinter Preview" option at bottom.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Ok, for dedicated GFs out there - i tried the "overpowered" Conqueror spec on the test server. It's an interesting build. You're supposed to be totally reckless - means no skills for blocking - no shield talent. Basically 100% block all the time (+100% power bonus), because you facetank.
Oh boy, so they make it so that you don't have to rely on any interesting twitch mechanics whatsoever and make it into the typical "click ability when it's off cooldown" class. Woo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom