Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New AP vid - safehouses and abilities

Dark Individual said:
Choosing your hair and shit is the most retarded thing to come to RPGs.
I just like personalization. It's similar to choices in game. Not everything will be the same for every player.

Plus I've always liked personalization in general, when I was a kid, there was an awesome Spiderman toy of the Chameleon and you could change the head between spiderman, J. Jonah Jameson, the Chameleon, and someone else I think. And it was awesome because I could choose how it looked.

Just my thoughts on why its interesting rather than gimicky.

Texas Red

Whiner
sportforredneck said:
Dark Individual said:
Choosing your hair and shit is the most retarded thing to come to RPGs.
I just like personalization. It's similar to choices in game. Not everything will be the same for every player.

Plus I've always liked personalization in general, when I was a kid, there was an awesome Spiderman toy of the Chameleon and you could change the head between spiderman, J. Jonah Jameson, the Chameleon, and someone else I think. And it was awesome because I could choose how it looked.

Just my thoughts on why its interesting rather than gimicky.

I agree. However, choosing a new hat or eye color is not my idea of customization. Having the option to play an old man with a proper voice, that would be something I'd welcome. I haven't got any desire to play some generic 30-something action spy and I most certainly don't care to play dress up with him.

xuerebx

Erudite
Yes but there's nothing wrong with that type of customization. Preferably you'd have much more options, including every detail from character to looks, obviously.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Dark Individual said:
I agree. However, choosing a new hat or eye color is not my idea of customization. Having the option to play an old man with a proper voice, that would be something I'd welcome. I haven't got any desire to play some generic 30-something action spy and I most certainly don't care to play dress up with him.
Exactly. What's the point of being able to customize the looks of your character from a 15yo little brat bastard to a 65 fascist, if everyone still thinks you're a faceless 20-something fresh out of your home village?

Dark Individual said:
Having the option to play an old man with a proper voice, that would be something I'd welcome.
Well based on the story you kind of have to go with what they give you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom