Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information New Codex Eternity Rewards: In-game Presence, Chris Avellone Trolls and Signatures

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So has anyone said when this drive is ending? I know its got to be a few days before the KS one ends. So is it just for this week?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Are you donating to this oldmanpaco?

The RACE TRAITORS have free beer on Wednesdays, just FYI.

I'm torn. I donated $100 to the W2 deal but this KS is just too vague for me. They say they want to emulate the IE games but then they announce game mechanics that contradict them. With W2 I really felt like I knew what I was going to get. I still haven't determined my KS pledge yet.

But 'Paco's Cod Piece of Vigor' (belt slot, +2 CON) sounds pretty awesome to me.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Are you donating to this oldmanpaco?

The RACE TRAITORS have free beer on Wednesdays, just FYI.

I'm torn. I donated $100 to the W2 deal but this KS is just too vague for me. They say they want to emulate the IE games but then they announce game mechanics that contradict them. With W2 I really felt like I knew what I was going to get. I still haven't determined my KS pledge yet.

But 'Paco's Cod Piece of Vigor' (belt slot, +2 CON) sounds pretty awesome to me.

That is the entire point of a KS. Is the information provided and the people involved enough of a decision for you to back them? If not, ask more questions (like the Obsidian forums). If you still don't have enough information to your satisfaction, then don't back it. I personally like Obsidian's game's. How will this turn out? Who the fuck knows. They still continue to add much roleplaying elements to games we sure as hell don't see in other cRPG developers (see NV minus the fucking shitty engine they were shackled with). And THIS is the moment of NO FREE RIDES! Either they pull this off well (now with no Publishers ruin everything excuse) or not. I am thinking they will. And will back them

But with WL2. When I heard Fargo and WL2 I could not hit the Pledge button fast enough. Hell I never watched the Pitch video until a few days ago. :lol: (I finally understand the Red Shoes joke) In retrospect I should have asked just a few more questions. But oh well.

The choice is yours dude.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Definitely donating $100 to Codex fund next Friday. Had rent and shit this week plus I gotta drink when I run my IRC Traveller/ AD&D mashup game, or I suck. Beer costs money too unfortunately. This kickstarter's beginning to kick some major ass. We're up to 9 classes, 6 races, player created party, mods, Facebook fueled megadungeon and shitloads of other features. At this point the RTwP no longer bothers me, and I believe their version might be better than IWD. This shit is too good to be true. Codex needs to be in there. I am a traitor, fuck it.
:love:

But with WL2. When I heard Fargo and WL2 I could not hit the Pledge button fast enough. Hell I never watched the Pitch video until a few days ago. :lol: (I finally understand the Red Shoes joke) In retrospect I should have asked just a few more questions. But oh well.

Bro can you help me out and explain this, I never got it and I was wondering for a long time... :oops:

Well, I must say it will be tight, but I hope I manage to pull it of and donate to Obsidian before kickstarter ends. The more questions get answered the more I like the project (sure there are things I dislike, but I have trust in them they will make a good and fun fantasy crpg anyway). And anyway, if nothing, Tim Cain deserves my money for all the games he made, that are my favorites. ;)

Yeah, I also hope they have a huge boost of money at the end, and manage to reach at least 3 million. It could be possible.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just for the record, I already pledged on ks for $100, so I won't need a copy. There's gotta be a shitload of us in the same boat. Those of you on the fence ought to donate $10- $15 to Codex, since you'll probably end up getting a cheaper copy.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
They keep ticking along too. I don't apologize for my initial outbursts though. It was obvious bullshit that they were making such a small scale game, but I guess things went a little faster than they expected. Awesome recovery though. The constant updates and interviews shows genuine vision and effort. I'm pretty enthusiastic about this one for several reasons.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just for the record, I already pledged on ks for $100, so I won't need a copy. There's gotta be a shitload of us in the same boat. Those of you on the fence ought to donate $10- $15 to Codex, since you'll probably end up getting a cheaper copy.
I actually tried asking DU about that. :?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

Bro can you help me out and explain this, I never got it and I was wondering for a long time... :oops:

Watch the pitch video on the WL2 kickstarter page.

Watch the pitch video on the WL2 kickstarter page.

Did watch it a few times, but I don't get the Red Boots reference... :oops: Are you seeing red? Is it a reference from a game?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We'll have to end the Codex drive about 3 days before the KS drive ends - to allow time for the money transfer to be made.

Deleted member 7219

Same for me. Forgot to add that in the Paypal details.

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I like how we crushed GameBanshee's efforts without breaking a sweat even though our fundraiser started 9 days later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom