Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community NEW OFFICIAL RPG CODEX GOTY 2015 POLL CREATED - All citizens vote

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Keep making polls until Fallout 4 wins plz.

One will suffice.
Just block any votes below 5/5 and outside of codex staff.
Done. FO4 GotY on codex confirmed.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
um, elminage: original was just ported to PC now in 2016, and that would clearly be GOTY in any year of release.

also wizardry empire 2 was translated by helly and mr. richard999 in 2015 so that should be included in the list as well (and also win for GOTY as well).

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Underrail is my personal game of the year. Haven't loved a game, hated it, ragequit, returning to it
the next day, for weeks on end, for a while. But then again, I haven't played Age of Decadence yet,
just playing the demo and perusing delicious posts in the steam forums. :lol:

SniperHF

Arcane
So when you make the newspost about which game won, are we gonna talk about THIS one, the original google one from Felipepepe, or all of them?
:happytrollboy:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Jokes and butthurt aside, you really need to be degenerate to seriously give Undertale anything above 3 in a poll like this. It's less of an RPG than Call of Duty multiplayer, and everything good about it is unrelated to any of its RPG-qualities. What few simplistic systems it has, are only really there so it can make the point that powergamers are sociopaths.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If it's not an RPG then why is it in the poll at all.

The way I looked at it, the arguments about what genre it should count as should have been sorted out before the thing was run, once it comes to the poll itself I can only evaluate the games as the entire package they present together, because there's dramatically different styles of RPG even within the categories. If you're asking me to compare Witcher to Undertale, I can't compare them on mechanics, dialogue, graphics, because they're not even aiming for the same ballpark or using remotely similar methods.

The way I see it, the method and the manner of the experience has to be ignored almost entirely, I can only really judge the resulting impact and value of the experience, and going by that Undertale as an experience hits home like a sledgehammer.

Last edited:

imweasel

This poll sucks.

I can't vote :1/5: for Pillars of Eternity fifty times in a row.

:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It's funny you know, fallout 4 getting shit on so much on this forum, meanwhile, several high profile members are praising the very definition of DECLINE in terms of UnderTaile.

Textbook definition of irony, if I ever saw one.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
It's funny you know, fallout 4 getting shit on so much on this forum, meanwhile, several high profile members are praising the very definition of DECLINE in terms of UnderTaile.

Dude, You can't simply label a 92-rated game as 'Shit'.
It is actually a fun game to play.
But technically, It is not a proper RPG. Cause you can't compare this game with an RPG like Witcher3 in combat mechanics, designe, character progression, etc. It is something different.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter

I've only seen Scrooge and @felipepepepepepe as high profile members praising undertail, the rest are medium profile at best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom