Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Total War game: Warhammer

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
i think these fuckers might of actually turned into bigger cocksuckers then ea

i dont remember if it was for rome 2 or attila but i still couldnt believe they have a "blood and gore" dlc adding blood into the game for like 4$
They've been doing blood DLC and general DLC jewery since Shogun 2.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, that's nothing new.

Although at least with Shogun 2 it was under $2.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The Blood and Gore DLCs were because of rating restrictions, according to their PR at least.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i mean aside from their games obviously getting worse which is what it is

does anyone else think warhammer is gay as fuck?

ngl thats like half the reason im not getting this game or wont be

LizardWizard

Cipher
It might actually be cheaper to take up the tabletop (if it still existed) then buy this and all 100000 DLC.

Haha, yeah sure. Unless you're pathetically nerd-gangster enough to rob an already failing tabletop storefront I guess.

Otherwise you can always pirate or wait for the 75% off sales.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It might actually be cheaper to take up the tabletop (if it still existed) then buy this and all 100000 DLC.

Haha, yeah sure. Unless you're pathetically nerd-gangster enough to rob an already failing tabletop storefront I guess.

Otherwise you can always pirate or wait for the 75% off sales.
Some Chinese are casting figurines cheaply.

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
shitposter.png

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Fantasy is mostly gay.
I won't even count the newest iteration with literal spacemarines but let's look at the older editions:
You have Bretonnia which is your fantasy medieval France, nothing really exceptional:
latest
However the focus is on these fags:
0f8da83d3e07a06450ff497d0e572058.jpg
Early renaissance, you can't get more gay than that.

With 40k you have similar shit, on one side you have this:
heroes_by_wannatryme1138-d6zun6y.jpg

But majority of media is about these:
ultrasmurfs_during_spare_time_by_thetrueloyalist-d5hpsny.jpg

This is a disgrace.

Why is dis retard haven't been banned already?

He's very productive poster that's not afraid of challenging the status quo. I don't understand why did he got his tag but it must have been some terrible accident.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
Fantasy is mostly gay.
I won't even count the newest iteration with literal spacemarines but let's look at the older editions:
You have Bretonnia which is your fantasy medieval France, nothing really exceptional:
latest
However the focus is on these fags:
0f8da83d3e07a06450ff497d0e572058.jpg
Early renaissance, you can't get more gay than that.

With 40k you have similar shit, on one side you have this:
heroes_by_wannatryme1138-d6zun6y.jpg

But majority of media is about these:
ultrasmurfs_during_spare_time_by_thetrueloyalist-d5hpsny.jpg

This is a disgrace.

He's very productive poster that's not afraid of challenging the status quo. I don't understand why did he got his tag but it must have been some terrible accident.
idk m8 i wasn't really talking about the concept art or the story or anything since i dont actually know anything about the story in either 40k or fantasy

i was more talking about how gay it is to paint little figurines and play some retard board game with them, which wouldn't really be all that retarded if it wasn't so expensive for no reason, not that i CARE about the money or not being able to afford it which wouldnt be a problem if it was interested

its that people spend hundreds of dollars on pieces of plastic that probably cost whatever chinese companies about 2 cents per thingy to make, and warhammer players in my experience anyways always justify their hobby with shit like " too tactical for you" or " you wouldnt understand anyways" or something cringe likt that

everything i've heard about 40k makes it sound super tryhard and grimdark though, not that ive ever cared to learn much about it :)

Beastro

Arcane
i was more talking about how gay it is to paint little figurines and play some retard board game with them,

Same could be said by others for playing a campaign of D&D doing the RPing and DMing shit.

When I was a kid I tried doing it with friends when one brought the game over, but I just couldn't get into the make believe angle that felt very silly to me, and I can't see adults still doing it. To me it and WH are pretty much on the same level, though I can understand WH's combat more given my interests. I don't look down my nose at them and their hobby like you though, I've got my own silly interests, as do you.

The only egregious thing about WH is the fucked up pricing of the figurines and how blatantly GWS milks people for them, but I think we can all agree on that, including those who do play it.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
He's not using capital letters at the start of a sentence.
why would i use punctuation or capital letters on a forum like this lol

do you think i give a fuck what retards on here think?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like this would have Denuvo. Thus I'd probably do a review from Twitch.tv streams.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ktracks-over-controversial-chaos-warriors-dlc

Total War: Warhammer dev backtracks over controversial Chaos Warriors DLC
Will now be free for the first week.

The Chaos Warriors DLC, which allows players to control the Chaos race in Total War: Warhammer, will now be free to everyone that purchases the game within the first seven days.

The DLC was originally planned as a pre-order incentive, something that upset Total War fans who were disappointed to find that such a major part of the game was being used to encourage them to purchase the game ahead of launch.

The announcement trailer currently stands at almost 50,000 dislikes.

"The Chaos Warriors have proven to be hugely popular" said Creative Director, Mike Simpson. "By extending the deadline for getting them for free by a week, we can ensure loyal fans who don't feel like pre-ordering don't miss out, while still rewarding early adopters whose support is really valuable to us."

Total War: Warhammer is out on the 24th May, with the Chaos Warriors DLC being free until 18:00 BST on the 31st May.

Anyway, are the Chaos Warriors even fun to play? After all this drama, they bloody well better be. To accompany the announcement, Creative Assembly has released a let's play video, showcasing a battle from the perspective of a Chaos army. You can watch that below.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Looks like they are borrowing the Early Adopter Model from Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (though there the DLC is "free" if you buy within two months after release).

Blood Bowl 2 had the same after the somewhat lukewarm response to the title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom