Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas review from NMA, too good to be true???

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Multi-headed Cow said:
Please take pictures of his girlfriend and post them in this thread, thanks.
:yeah:
:oops:

Radisshu

Prophet
Come to think of it, haven't Obsidian changed the Power Armor to look more like the original?

They should make it more like a huge robotic suit, though, like it was in the first games.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yup they did. It was a pleasant surprise for me since i really disliked beths power armour design. I never played long enough in F3 to meet the enclave but is the remnants armour any different from theirs?

bonescraper

Lockkaliber said:
Yup they did. It was a pleasant surprise for me since i really disliked beths power armour design. I never played long enough in F3 to meet the enclave but is the remnants armour any different from theirs?
You tell me.

Fo3_APA_Enclave.png

VS.

RemnantsPowerArmor.png

:thumbsup: :incline: :salute:

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What the fuck. I didn't think there could be anything to rage about in F3 this long after release.

Radisshu

Prophet
Felix said:
Moreno with his power armor is badass :salute:

That was probably one of the coolest moments in the game, for me, when
that old fart ran away, and I followed him only to run into a fucking Enclave soldier straight out of Fallout 2. For a second there, I turned into my twelve year old self the first time I got my ass handed to me by the Navarro people.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
bethesda should fire every single artist working for them. their item designs are always so fucking ugly that it literally hurts to look at that shit...
Radisshu said:
Come to think of it, haven't Obsidian changed the Power Armor to look more like the original?
no, there was surprisingly well-done "original" t-51b power armor in fo3 too, hidden away in fort constantine. nv uses the same model.

Radisshu

Prophet
Oh. Well, Obsidian still gets tons of incline points for the old school Enclave armor.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
SuicideBunny said:
bethesda should fire every single artist working for them. their item designs are always so fucking ugly that it literally hurts to look at that shit...
Radisshu said:
no, there was surprisingly well-done "original" t-51b power armor in fo3 too, hidden away in fort constantine. nv uses the same model.

Oh, I guess I was wrong then. Still, their own power armours look like moldy ass.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Of all the things to complain about in Fallout 3 I don't think the Enclave redesign is one of them. I liked the more insect-looking Enclave armor in that game. Which is not to say the classic look isn't cool to see in New Vegas though, make no mistake.

bonescraper

Radisshu said:
That was probably one of the coolest moments in the game, for me, when
that old fart ran away, and I followed him only to run into a fucking Enclave soldier straight out of Fallout 2. For a second there, I turned into my twelve year old self the first time I got my ass handed to me by the Navarro people.
Yeah, i felt the same thing. :oops:

Everything about their mechanical/weapon design sucks. I don't even want to use energy weapons anymore because of their ridiculous looks. The original FO energy weapons had a bit of the 50's touch, but they didn't look like complete piece of shit. Yet another reason why Bethesda should stick to generic fantasy bullshit.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Okay, tried a shot at this game one more time

The horribly annoying looped background noise bug is still present, but whatever, this can be fixed by a quick save/load.

However, I am told by Sunny to go see someone called 'Trudy' in goodsprings saloon. Well, okay. I go there, but there's no Trudy.

okay... Let's consult the quest compass. It points to some arbitrary house.

I enter the house when suddenly some unnamed settler comes out to greet me yelling 'THANK GOD YOU ARRIVED AS FAST AS YOU DID, OR I WOULD BE A GONER. HERE, TAKE THIS'

Uhm... who the fuck is this woman and what the fuck did just happen.

Yeah, she also wasn't the 'Trudy' I was looking for. The quest compass still points at this house, but there's no Trudy inside.

Yup, that's a really promising fucking beginning.

Fuck this game.

Project: Eternity
Darth Roxor said:
I enter the house when suddenly some unnamed settler comes out to greet me yelling 'THANK GOD YOU ARRIVED AS FAST AS YOU DID, OR I WOULD BE A GONER. HERE, TAKE THIS'

That's the woman who was attacked by geckos earlier at the wells during the tutorial mission, maybe you didn't notice her. Trudy lives in the same house.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Freelance Henchman said:
That's the woman who was attacked by geckos earlier at the wells during the tutorial mission, maybe you didn't notice her. Trudy lives in the same house.

I went through the whole building. SHE'S JUST NOT THERE.

AND IF SHE LIVES IN THE HOUSE, WHY DOES THE JOURNAL TELL ME 'MEET HER AT THE SALOON'?

FFS, EVEN ARCANIA WAS AT LEAST FUCKING PLAYABLE, GODDAMMIT

:meltdown:

bonescraper

Darth Roxor said:
AND IF SHE LIVES IN THE HOUSE, WHY DOES THE JOURNAL TELL ME 'MEET HER AT THE SALOON'?
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THERE'S NO JOURNAL, ONLY QUEST COMPASS.

BTW ENJOY YOUR RADIANT AI.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
bonescraper said:
Darth Roxor said:

OH SORRY, I MEANT 'INNOVATIVE PIPBOY INTERFACE THAT MAKES SANE PEOPLE STAB THEIR EYES OUT WITH A RUSTY DILDO'

bonescraper

Darth Roxor said:
OH SORRY, I MEANT 'INNOVATIVE PIPBOY INTERFACE THAT MAKES SANE PEOPLE STAB THEIR EYES OUT WITH A RUSTY DILDO'
FROM BETHESDA WITH LOVE.

made

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:

Brace for fanboy onslaught!

Seriously though, many quests are bugged and break if you don't do things in the intended order. Mabbe try the quesfix mod compilation.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Roxor said:
bonescraper said:
Darth Roxor said:

You need to calm down and rest for a few hours in game. Maybe it'll help. *shrugs* In my LP I just skipped past the shooting geckos and went straight to the bar, Trudy's there.

Project: Eternity
Is this at night? The NPCs move to their sleeping place at night, so if you fucked around the landscape for a long time before finishing the tutorial bit and didn't go to her immediately after I can see how it might be confusing. But that's what the trusty ole' Quest Compass(tm) is for. :smug:

MasPingon

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Okay, tried a shot at this game one more time

However, I am told by Sunny to go see someone called 'Trudy' in goodsprings saloon. Well, okay. I go there, but there's no Trudy.

okay... Let's consult the quest compass. It points to some arbitrary house.

Uhm... who the fuck is this woman and what the fuck did just happen.

Yeah, she also wasn't the 'Trudy' I was looking for. The quest compass still points at this house, but there's no Trudy inside.

Yup, that's a really promising fucking beginning.

Fuck this game.

No, fuck you. Trudy wasn't in saloon cause it was probably very late, so she went home.

1 You was so reterded you didin't even think about that

2 Even fucking "magic" compass wasn't enough to help you

3 I'm waiting for your F:NV review, full of retarded complains. Codex trolls like skyway will be in heaven

4 Play the game before judging it, this place is full of retards watching only gameplay videos

Monocause

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Freelance Henchman said:

Żal, żal.pl ;P

NPCs have some basic schedules implemented, ie. during the evening hours they're usually in their beds, sleeping. Trudy doesn't sleep at the saloon, try resting/waiting or coming back later during the working hours.

In the meantime - there's an NPC around the goodsprings source location who can give you a sidequest. The 10mm pistol is a potential reward.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom