Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas review from NMA, too good to be true???

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So... I installed this mod that makes weapon damage and armor more realistic... I survived 30 seconds at the end of Vault 11. And that was with three followers.

spectre

Arcane
Fuck, just had robots on the strip turn hostile on me, again for no apparent reason (maybe companions?). There goes the strip, there goes NCR... fuck this shit.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
spectre said:
Fuck, just had robots on the strip turn hostile on me, again for no apparent reason (maybe companions?). There goes the strip, there goes NCR... fuck this shit.

Vault 11 robots/turrets/whateva are apparently linked to House, so that might be the cause.

dr. one

Augur
Haba said:
Vault 11 robots/turrets/whateva are apparently linked to House, so that might be the cause.

yeah, in my playthrough i haven´t encountered the problem so it probably depends on one particular spawn in there.
there´s a fix for it here, but it doesn´t work retroactively.
in case it´s already broken, i think it still should be possible to get to House and get rid of him, that should stop the robots´ hostility.

in regards to NCR, sometimes they became hostile towards ED-E for no apparent reason.

speaking of bugs, there´s one not very nice in BoS questline, one of the subquests isn´t shut when it should be which may result in a bugged state, so don´t play for both sides for too long in there.

similarly, if you plan to side with NCR, during the endgame portion of quests, don´t do the assassination part for anyone else as it may render the NCR branch incompletable.

i also couldn´t finish Veronica´s quest, probably because i acquired all items utilizable in it long time before she joined the party.

the game is great, but some polishing is definitely due.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Tycn said:
Ended it after 25 hours at I think level 24, a quick look at the wiki does suggest that there's plenty more content. Nearing the end of the power gradient really diminishes my desire to keep going especially in the absence of an especially captivating story. Naturally I had obtained the anti-materiel rifle and T-51b (plus riot shotgun with BEANBAG ROUNDS, anathema to deathclaws and useless against all else).

Wow. I'm level 13 at fifty hours. Of course I'm sort of a pack rat and explore every nook and cranny but I don't know how I could get to that level so fast. I've just finished off most of Freeside and am only now entering the Strip. Maybe I'm spending too much time in the wasteland sitting in rads frying my brain.

spectre

Arcane
Haba said:
spectre said:

Nope, just arrived to the strip, just talked to House for the first time. Never been to V11 even.
Earlier on, I had NCR open up on me in the mojave outpost for no apparent reason (no, I am not that retarded to go there in powder ganger armor)

I have a feeling it is related to ED-E, cause since shit started right after I got him.
I shall from now on avoid all faction armor like the plague, as well, just to stay safe.
Also, the three day wait doesn't seem to be working, damn it, couldn't peacefully solve the first Hidden Valley quest because of that.

Or it's just a leftover bug from F3 nobody could have been arsed to fix in all these years.

Wow. I'm level 13 at fifty hours.
You tend to level fast once you get enough firepower to kill shit consistently.
I remember the first giant radscorpion was a serious PITA with a varmint rifle.
Once you get 10mm, just find some centaurs, young casadors (older ones not so much), or geckos for easy levelups.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Wow. I'm level 13 at fifty hours.
You tend to level fast once you get enough firepower to kill shit consistently.
I remember the first giant radscorpion was a serious PITA with a varmint rifle.
Once you get 10mm, just find some centaurs, young casadors (older ones not so much), or geckos for easy levelups.[/quote]

I'm not sure, but according to the load screen I'm at 51 hours and I'm only level thriteen. I'm also very thorough, I rarely use fast travel and always walk different ways through the wastelands to see whats there between quests. I also go through every room and path that I can find. I'm meticulous in inventory mangaement and sales and I'm always broke. Perhaps it's my charactor build. Anyways, I don't care. Sometimes I'm too underpowered but I've made it to the strip and completed most of Freesside.

Regardless, it's been a great journey. I lost my internet connection last week and only had this (or Gothic 2, I was about to replay it) but this has been the best game I've played in years. I'm very impressed.

No bugs for me and a crap load of intersting quests. Yes, the gouls kind of sucked and it reminded me of Doom 3, I *really* wanted a flashlight. That was the first place that I felt I was getting my ass kicked too.

There are a lot of things wrong with this game that I could gripe about, but generally the balance has been okay if a little weak (I'm on Nomal/Hardcore). I just use ED as a trunk.

It took awhile but it's started to get difficult in combat, but easier in doctor bags and inventory management. All in all, a great experience. I think it's the best game I've played in over five years, well worth it.

I was just suprised that someone could level so fast. I started taking the leveling perks but whatever. I imagine there are many ways to play this game, and that is a good thing.

CrimHead

Scholar
So I opened up New Vegas today to find that my only save game for 10 hours was corrupted....

love-or-rage.jpg

CrimHead

Scholar
Gah you guys are dense. I'm parodying the tards on BGSF who bitch about save game corruptions.

And my priated version works fine :smug: (I ordered it from Amazon a couple days ago so get off my case nigga)

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I know, it's weird. It's the year 2010 and someone finally made a game worth playing and paying for. Who would of thought that could happen?

Felix

Arcane
Heh, Didn't know Sawyer written and sang New Vegas Valley himself.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
None of three songs he and Nathaniel Chapman made played in my game. I found out they were in during the credits.

Monocause

Arcane
CreamyBlood said:
I *really* wanted a flashlight. That was the first place that I felt I was getting my ass kicked too.

Your pipboy acts as a flashlight. Hold the Tab key for a while to activate it, just watch out as it does ruin sneaking.

BTW, a hint for early game

There's a Hard safe in the ruined store in the hotel in Primm. If you can get lockpick up to 65 relatively quick use a mag and open it - there's a special revolver in the safe that does 21 dam per shot and doesn't require any guns proficiency. Kinda overpowered, I guess, but it's there if you want to tackle some high DT critters early on

Eyeball

Arcane
the Giant Rat model even looks like the ones from the Princess Bride.

You should visit the ROUS cave at any rate despite Lady Jane's bullshit - there's an excellent weapon hidden there.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I've got to say, despite all the shit I give Obsidian, this game is enjoyable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom