Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New X-Com preview and video

Luzur

Good Sir
Quilty said:
Luzur said:
i believe this series was originally planned to be a fps but technology constraints forced them to make it into a turn based strategy game, i read that somewhere.

wait...what?

xcom1.jpg

he looks so...........dead.

The man said the art style of a game where you hunt down fearsome aliens and explore an idyllic 50s suburbia invaded by untold horrors was inspired by Team Fortress 2 art style, SO WHY YOU HATIN BRO?

but, just look at his face, his eyes! he looks like a lifeless doll bro.

So the protagonist is called CARTER, huh? So one might say that he "enters" a "new world" when that alien french fry kills him, eh?

Oh the wit.

UFO: Aftermath / Aftershock etc etc were more faithful to the series than this shit... Christ, they're even using that shitty Bioshock engine. Urgh...

Drakron

Arcane
Satori said:
In case you haven't seen it yet, Spoony and Angry Joe's thoughts at E3 on the new XCOM. Starts at 21.35

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/06/20/ ... deus-ex-3/

God watching that crap must violate more that few human rights regulations about cruel and unusual punishment.

To start its 22.00 ... not 21.35

In short.

Spoony reaction: Betrayal, this game have NOTHING to do with X-Com
Angry Job reaction: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, I like it, BLAH, BLAH.

I have to say I found very odd that Angry Joe that from what I seen loves action games but dislike strategy games saying he liked the original (that is a turn base tactical game) and how he hated the game until he seen the demo, of course the demo showing it to a FPS would kinda make anyone that likes FPS but dislikes strategy games to ... change their mind.

My reaction ... its a Bioshock clone, they can go fuck themselves.

The only reason I am not going to say this is a blight on X-Com name is because even before this one they destroyed X-Com name.

Nihilism

Educated
So how many of you were the ones clammering for another XCOM game? What was to be expected?

SS2 or Bioshock?
BG2 or DA?
Deus Ex or DE:HR?
Thief or Thi4f?
Fallout or Fallout 3?
Planescape: Torment or Alpha Protocol?

9 times out of 10, corporate produced games are shit. And old frandchises are only revived for money.

Drakron

Arcane
I was not, I am not even going to say this will be the last nail in the coffin either but its hard to pull it back after this into some kind of strategy game.

Heck, we have squad based games like Rainbow 6 so if they REALLY wanted to do a X-Com with tactical elements they could, instead we have a Bioshock clone.

Angthoron

Arcane
Drakron said:
Spoony reaction: Betrayal, this game have NOTHING to do with X-Com

:love:

I admit that I like Spoony's rants, he has a good presence and good diction and more often than not, good judgement.

Angry Job reaction: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, I like it, BLAH, BLAH.

This guy, though... I understand that Spoony uses the Critic team to get more traffic, but every time I see this guy it's an enormous insult to my brain cells. Just... no. Too gimmicky, not enough appropriate criticism, misplaced anger. How they can be in the same video without Spoony beating him up with a plank is beyond me.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I admit that I like Spoony's rants, he has a good presence and good diction and more often than not, good judgement.
Watched three hours of that goddamn mofo yesterday, good stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom