Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New X-Com preview and video

Silellak

Cipher
Garm said:
Silellak said:
1eyedking said:
What the fuck did I just watch

Bioshock 3, now with more amorphous blobs! :avatard:
Oh, OK. For some reason I thought this was somehow being sold as an X-Com game, and I was all like
wtf_is_this_shit.jpg

But now I'm like
whatever-dude-whatever.jpg

Garm

Learned
Silellak said:
Garm said:
Silellak said:
1eyedking said:
What the fuck did I just watch

Bioshock 3, now with more amorphous blobs! :avatard:
Oh, OK. For some reason I thought this was somehow being sold as an X-Com game, and I was all like

No no no, I'm fairly certain it's just a mixup by the PR team. It's clearly Bioshock 3, just on land and with a hub for selecting boring missions.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Let's hope that the game bombs and the IP is devalued to the point where some talented indies can pick it up cheapo.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
What would be the point anyway? The IP in itself is worthless. It's not like it's impossible to make a spiritual successor to X-Com without the X-Com name and successfully market it as a spiritual successor to X-Com.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Trailer reminds me of that BP joke with the oil-tsunami and electric storms and shit.

Phelot

Arcane
WE MUST MAKE IT IN THE 50S DUE TO FALLOUT 3 SUCCESS.

Also, that black oil shit reminds me of the main story arc from The X Files.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/06/15/exclusive-2k-marin-talk-xcom/

Fucking

wankers.

One of the great things about 2K is that we’re really good at making first-person shooters.

i like his sense of humour. he s joking, right ?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Hahahahaha

Alec Meer in comments said:
FYI: really unpleasant comments in this thread will be wiped without mercy on sight. Intelligently criticise the game/interview all you like, but don’t be a sweary mindless rage-horror about it. Debate, not screaming, please.

Mhain

Educated
What can you talk about?

Anything in the demo.

It's depressing to see how ignorant people have become. What is the point to that interview? Why are they releasing it? Why isn't anyone commenting on that retardation? Hell, why are those people still alive?

Black

Arcane
RPS: Right. You can’t possibly no-comment this one. Can the other agents hats be shot off?

Currently they…. well… possibly. We can’t…
Comedy gold.

The_Pope

Scholar
That interview really makes it look like a company run by marketing.

Quilty

Magister
Darth Roxor said:
Hahahahaha

Alec Meer in comments said:
FYI: really unpleasant comments in this thread will be wiped without mercy on sight. Intelligently criticise the game/interview all you like, but don’t be a sweary mindless rage-horror about it. Debate, not screaming, please.

Yeah, I had my comment deleted because I said it was a useless interview. RPS really have lost their touch. I guess I should have made a half-assed joke about John Walker crying and called them brilliant. Fucking wankers, indeed.

Luzur

Good Sir
i believe this series was originally planned to be a fps but technology constraints forced them to make it into a turn based strategy game, i read that somewhere.

wait...what?

xcom1.jpg

he looks so...........dead.

Quilty

Magister
Luzur said:
i believe this series was originally planned to be a fps but technology constraints forced them to make it into a turn based strategy game, i read that somewhere.

wait...what?

xcom1.jpg

he looks so...........dead.

The man said the art style of a game where you hunt down fearsome aliens and explore an idyllic 50s suburbia invaded by untold horrors was inspired by Team Fortress 2 art style, SO WHY YOU HATIN BRO?

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
Don't know if anyone else mentioned this but I think Xcom Apocalypse had a 50's vibe to it. So its not like it wasn't done before.

I don't mind them making it retro because I'm going to be frank outside of the combat in Xcom I thought the setting was kind of boring, I feel like I'm sucking off the entire UN assembly to make money.

Silellak

Cipher
MaskedMartyr said:
Don't know if anyone else mentioned this but I think Xcom Apocalypse had a 50's vibe to it. So its not like it wasn't done before.

I don't mind them making it retro because I'm going to be frank outside of the combat in Xcom I thought the setting was kind of boring, I feel like I'm sucking off the entire UN assembly to make money.
Setting XCOM in the 50's is the least of this abomination's sins.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
MaskedMartyr said:
Apocalypse had a 50's vibe to it because the action happens in a dystopian mega-city where the government has decided that everything has to have a retro-futuristic look.

Saying that X-Com is based on conspiracy theories and that UFO theories start with Roswell 1947 would be a better justification.
I wouldn't have anything against an X-Com style computer boardgame set in the 50s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom