Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Newest faggotry from Japan (WizardryPS3 screens)

Syraxis

Novice
gurllolz.jpg

She's cute.

Oh my :shock:

1eyedking said:
I don't care for graphical gimmicks. But I do care for art direction.

There's a big difference between the two that some Codexers fail to understand.

Not to mention characters, story and writing, something japs inherently fail at.

Mackerel

Augur
Nah, he's just a race traitor.

Emo, could you translate some of the article for us?

This is probably only attention I will give to your pathetic attempts, so shit yourself out of joy now, kids:

It is hilarious how you're trying to frame me into weeabooism, because it shows you reached the last stage - denial.

See, normally you have to deal with ignorant morons - like Skyway for example. Zero arguments, zero knowledge on the subject, he's pretty much your typical "HALO? MOAR LIEK GAYLO" faggot, except with proper grammar.

But then there's me, and I have some knowledge about anime(because I used to watch it and it's all same shit all the time whether now or 10 years ago) and japanese culture(Because they're so fucked up it's interesting) - and suddenly you're in a bind, as you can't just ignore what I'm saying since I use hardcore munitions like "argument" or "logic" instead of just "Banal, shit, boring". So you get very very uncomfortable, and you try to find a way out, and you deflect on me. Since, because I know something about it, I must really really fucking love it and support it!

Of course if you thought about that argument for a second you'd realize how utterly retarded it is(I.e. it makes Criminologists criminals, lawl), but fuck if reasoning was your strong side you wouldn't be watching cartoons for and by 12-year-olds.

Obviously you're going to utterly ignore this post, and/or reply with something "witty" like LOL STFU WEEABOO, doesn't matter to me either way, as I said this is only attention I'm going to give your little trolling scheme. Thanks for reinforcing my ego on how fucking awesome I am at reading other people :cool:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
since I use hardcore munitions like "argument" or "logic" instead of just "Banal, shit, boring".

Funniest line in a while. Vampy and arguments. :lol:

LOOLOLOLO COVAR SYSTAMS ADN HALTH RENAGERATON AR ULTIMAT MECHANAC FOR FSP!!!!!. BRAWSER TASB SUKC!!!!!! LET ME POTS A DAED CAT TO SHOW U WAT I MAEN!!!!

FeelTheRads said:
since I use hardcore munitions like "argument" or "logic" instead of just "Banal, shit, boring".

Funniest line in a while. Vampy and arguments. :lol:

LOOLOLOLO COVAR SYSTAMS ADN HALTH RENAGERATON AR ULTIMAT MECHANAC FOR FSP!!!!!. BRAWSER TASB SUKC!!!!!! LET ME POTS A DAED CAT TO SHOW U WAT I MAEN!!!!

Well you sure showed me now :roll:

Zomg

Arbiter
I think you've been pretty good ever since you wore out the ability to play internet foreigner here by posting too much

SkeleTony

Augur
What I don't get about Japanese artwork is the fact that, apparently if any jap guy draws in a remotely different style...say he does not make the eyes huge or the mouths small or the hair spiky, he is sent somewhere and killed for betraying the motherland.

In America, while we have our share of copycat art, there are STILL TONS of artists with wildly different styles of drawing things. McFarlane does not draw like Disney. Bisley does not draw like Don Bluth. Vigil does not draw like anyone!

But in Japan the artists are like robot-clones of one another...

SkeleTony said:
What I don't get about Japanese artwork is the fact that, apparently if any jap guy draws in a remotely different style...say he does not make the eyes huge or the mouths small or the hair spiky, he is sent somewhere and killed for betraying the motherland.

In America, while we have our share of copycat art, there are STILL TONS of artists with wildly different styles of drawing things. McFarlane does not draw like Disney. Bisley does not draw like Don Bluth. Vigil does not draw like anyone!

Somewhat like the games wouldn't you say? Japan in a nutshell; some of the finest copiers in the business.

The two might be related. Manga style is simple and easy to draw. I.e. it's easier to make billions of it.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
SkeleTony said:

They aren't quite that bad. It just that the most common stuff is all the same. You have to remember that manga and anime is their equivalent of cheap comics (fuckers can't even be assed to color them) and saturday morning cartoons. And it's not like every series is done by a different studio. This is like bitching about all western animation looking like disney or hana-barbara or captain planet. We can just think of more exceptions in western stuff because we've seen it all. Even then we still have some pretty hardcore tropes in our stuff. How often do you see a male hero that doesn't have a chest that belongs on a gorilla or a chick without D+ tits?

This: http://view.thespectrum.net/series/naru ... r-461.html
and this: http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gant ... +03&page=7
are about as close as Flintstones and Batman.

Inziladun

Magister
Now you got me all curious. What's the story behind the second one?

That creepy pedo guy a part of her imagination? And why would she sleep on a sidewalk?

These are questions I need answered!!

1eyedking said:
Japan...

mishima.jpg

...what happened to you, man?
Mishima was born from Japan's decline, he was a faux-Rightist simply for the beauty that the Samurai tradition held for him due to his effeminate homosexual ways.

He is not the symbol of Japan's past glory.

Meanwhile on the JRPG codex...

F197.png
"Planescape Torment is a stereotypical example of the banal, boring, shit that the west continously pump out. Somebody ought to nuke those fags ^_^"

Stereotypical Villain said:
Meanwhile on the JRPG codex...

~*Kawaii Vampire*~ said:
F197.png
Planescape Torment is a stereotypical example of the banal, boring, shit that the west continously pump out. Somebody ought to nuke those fags ^_^

Fixed :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom