Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 announced for PC/PS4/XBO

v1rus

Arcane
Pretty emotional ending.

Its a pretty interesting game. I liked it a lot, despite many design choices I loathed. Sure, fetch quests are supposed to criticize the player OCD and all that, just like Drakengard 1 combat was supposed to "evoke the pain of war", nice ideas, but the execution still sucks and is filled with tedium. Plot is full of the classical japanese sensationalism, with many important plot points unanswered/answered in side material, but its of the more tolerable kind, not full on Death Stranding.

And yet, the game is extremely emotional, and successfully blends all of its strange aspects and quirks into a singular experience. One of the things I was impressed the most is how Taro plays with his visuals. Changes of perspective, color scheme, heck, a lack of color, and so on. Many other interesting choices too.

Still, it can get tedious as all hell tho, so :5/5::4/5: is best I can do. Hoping Automata is going for the full 10/10, but we 'll see. Off to play something more cheerful and gamey. Windwanker or Outer Wilds prolly.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'm soldiering on, but fuck this game is terrible. The Aerie. After I try 10 times to deliver the side quest package to the dude, I then start wandering around looking for what to do. I realize no one will open doors, so I figure I might have to kill everything before they will come out. I kill everything. They still don't come out. So I wander around for 20 minutes. I finally say fuck it and start to leave, only for the game to zero in on a random flower at the start of the level that was non-interactable at the start so I never thought to look back there. Utter shit quest design.

Then, for my efforts, I'm rewarded with a fucking hour long boss fight that is pure and utter repetitive jank. The Lady Boss is weird, unresponsive, and can basically be beaten by just doing the jump move over and over and over and over. And then the lizard boss is just endless repetition of the same 2 things over and over and over because he's also endless hit point bloat.

This game is utter shit. Objectively. I can understand maybe liking it if you have nostalgia for this sort of game from the PS3 era, but it is not a good game. All of which I say as someone who actually liked Nier Automata, despite its large amount of jank. I played it through 4 times and even beat it on the ultra-hard "1 hit and you die" setting. However, Replicant is nothing like Automata. The plot is shit, the quests and level design are shit (although, to be fair, so were Automata's), but worst of all, the combat is shit.

I'll probably keep playing at least until the Steam Sale.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm soldiering on, but fuck this game is terrible. The Aerie. After I try 10 times to deliver the side quest package to the dude, I then start wandering around looking for what to do. I realize no one will open doors, so I figure I might have to kill everything before they will come out. I kill everything. They still don't come out. So I wander around for 20 minutes. I finally say fuck it and start to leave, only for the game to zero in on a random flower at the start of the level that was non-interactable at the start so I never thought to look back there. Utter shit quest design.

Then, for my efforts, I'm rewarded with a fucking hour long boss fight that is pure and utter repetitive jank. The Lady Boss is weird, unresponsive, and can basically be beaten by just doing the jump move over and over and over and over. And then the lizard boss is just endless repetition of the same 2 things over and over and over because he's also endless hit point bloat.

This game is utter shit. Objectively. I can understand maybe liking it if you have nostalgia for this sort of game from the PS3 era, but it is not a good game. All of which I say as someone who actually liked Nier Automata, despite its large amount of jank. I played it through 4 times and even beat it on the ultra-hard "1 hit and you die" setting. However, Replicant is nothing like Automata. The plot is shit, the quests and level design are shit (although, to be fair, so were Automata's), but worst of all, the combat is shit.

I'll probably keep playing at least until the Steam Sale.
Filtered: the post

SumDrunkGuy

Does Kaine have a pepe?

I thought in the lore it was said she sawed it off with a butter knife or something like that. I don't remember her ever having a bulge. Even if she was tucking it you'd be able to see it bulging from the ass crack almost like a turd.

Sunri

Liturgist
Does Kaine have a pepe?

I thought in the lore it was said she sawed it off with a butter knife or something like that. I don't remember her ever having a bulge. Even if she was tucking it you'd be able to see it bulging from the ass crack almost like a turd.

censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks!

3taaoqj35jj61.jpg

t6jb7qzqjby61.jpg

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does Kaine have a pepe?

censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks! censored cucks!

3taaoqj35jj61.jpg

t6jb7qzqjby61.jpg

Fuck you

After reading a bit on the lore I wonder if Kainé's hermaphroditism is just a side effect of her Gestalt (OG human, not the replicant we meet in game) being

an artificially created human beign

Modron

Arcane
So this is at its deepest discount yet:

Worth it if you're on the fence despite enjoying automata?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So this is at its deepest discount yet:

Worth it if you're on the fence despite enjoying automata?

OG NieR is better than Automata (imo).

Fucking right it is. I don't even think it's debatable. The characters are infinitely better and more likable. 2B is about as dull as it gets. Only thing she has going for her is the ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom