Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection coming to PS4/Steam/Switch/XB1

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Read the title and was very hyped.

Enter it and see they are porting sigma games. Wtf.

Sigma 1 and 2 are great games, but why they don't port the masterpieces Black and NG2?

They were also Xbox games so they should be easier to bring to Steam.

:killit:

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Revmoing puzzles in fucking action games actually sound a big incline.
Puzzles were not bad and combined with exploration gave the game better pacing due to intense and letal battes. Game is perfect as and action Adventure game.

In sigma you have shitty Rachel gameplay repeating levels played previously with Ryu which it does really harm the pace.

Sigma is very good if you don't have any other option to play the game, but it is a decline to port that one instead of Black ñ.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Sigma 1 and 2 are great games, but why they don't port the masterpieces Black and NG2?

They were also Xbox games so they should be easier to being to Steam.

maybe Team Ninja only owns rights for Sigmas, while Microsoft owns rights for the original NG1 and 2? I can't see any other reason other than this (or maybe TN think Sigmas are better, idk).

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I see no reason to buy this
Sigma 1 already works great on RPCS3 - and the one in this collection is Sigma Z, the PSVita version, so it might have some changes
Sigma 2 is decline and it's sad to see the original version being ditched
NG3 is very mediocre so there's no reason to touch it

Oh well...
I'll keep waiting for the 360 emulator to reach a nice state

I heard Sigmas are dumbed-down versions with worse gore and lower enemy counts. Why don't they port the originals?

Sigma 2 is
Sigma 1 is pretty much Black but with better graphics, quality of life tweaks and more content (which unfortunately means sometimes playing as Rachel...)
Here's a full list of changes between Black and Sigma:

9vzMLDD.png

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ng3 Razor's edge is also a good game, but almost every aspect is worse than the previous titles. Worth playing.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Ng3 Razor's edge is also a good game, but almost every aspect is worse than the previous titles. Worth playing.

Razor's edge is good, but NG3 original is an aberration.

It's quite a feat they managed to make razors edge out of it.

I've never even heard of Razor's Edge. It looks like they just facelifted NG2's engine into the NG3 campaign? A quick glance and all the sounds/animations are identical and it seems to use the same i-frame/execution/resource system.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I've never even heard of Razor's Edge. It looks like they just facelifted NG2's engine into the NG3 campaign? A quick glance and all the sounds/animations are identical and it seems to use the same i-frame/execution/resource system.

It's not exactly the same. It's a very visceral and intense combat system, with very satisfying execution chains. NG2 offensive design is better and NGB is fantastic with its tactical defensive orientation, though.

But the real problem is the game has a lot of problems with the content that surrounds the combat.

Enemies are not very interesting and often frustrating to fight.

Boss quality is very bad, except the main antagonist you fight like 3 or 4 times.

Level design is bad from a visual and gameplay perspective. NGB had a very interesting open world, and NG2 had beautiful and varied linear levels. Here you have uninspired urban areas, an ugly looking jungle, etc.

Some strange design decisions like the health system.

Overall is miles ahead almost any other action game , because when you enter the zone and pick the rhythm, you are brutally murdering thugs and filling the screen with blood in a very satisfying manner, forgetting all the shortcomings.

They almost got it. It's a shame the failure kept them from doing another one. They weren't so far from nailing it.

Divinity: Original Sin

Razor's edge is an updated version of Niunja Gaiden 3. They popamolified Ninja Gaiden 3 (made the game for casuals, with a lot of QTE, a bit of stealth gameplay, lots of cutscenes telling a lame story that tries hard to be like a metal gear), and everyone hated it. Razor's edge just revamped the combat system to be just like NG1/B/Sigma and NG2/sigma - and remove most of the QTE and stealth, and what couldn't be removed due to scripted sequences were made less boring and more forgiving control-wise. But the linear levels are still the same (and the lame story), so it's limited by that. But Razor's edge at least feels like a Ninja Gaiden Game. They even manage to put scarabs and skulls, but the linearity of the levels make them kind of easy to find. There's a lot of hidden challenges, one in each chapter (you have to find the skulls), where you have to survive waves of enemies, and face bosses from the whole series, brought back for this game. Razor's edge is kind of the Sigma version of NG3, only it was totally incline this time.

The only thing they maintained from NG is the health/Ninpo system: You start each level with a big health bar, and builds the ninpo bar by killing enemies and stacking combos. You can only use ninpo with the ninpo bar filled, and you have two choices: Refill your health, or use the ninpo. Health is one thing that will piss of casuals though: If you die, you restart at a checkpoint with minimal health, and the only way to recover it is by building ninpo. So, if you die before a boss, you start imediatelly before the boss fight, but with a very low HP. Oh, health restore to its fullest when you meet the save point. There's checkpoints in between, but you have to go with the low health, and sometimes, the next savepoint is after the boss.

For more detailed info on the series, check HG101:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/series/ninja-gaiden/
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ninja-gaiden-3-2012/

Oh, and a comparison of performance of NG2 and Sigma. The should port at least NG2 instead of NG2 sigma.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin
To be honest, now that it comes to PC, I think it's very possible that they make a MOD/Hack that makes Sigma 2 feel like the original NJ2.

Sounds like a pipedream without actual modding tools.

Well, it's is not a 1:1 conversion I would expect, but they could find a way to chenge/tweak a variable to activate dismemberment, more enemies on screen, and a change the blood texture. Modding tools sometimes make modder create a large amount of mods that sometimes make the end user lost. I guess games like dark souls, resident evils, original fallouts are all games that don't have modding tools but people mod anyway.

Besides, that is just a suggestion, NG2 sigma is fine and better than nothing.

ADL

Prophet
Why can't Japanese developers maintain source like their Western counterparts? It seems like they're the only ones that have this problem these days.

Read the title and was very hyped.

Enter it and see they are porting sigma games. Wtf.

They were also Xbox games so they should be easier to bring to Steam.

Well now we know definitively, they lost the source code.

Sentinel

Arcane
They haven't lost the source code, they're just lying. Microsoft requires source code for their backwards compat versions on Xbox. NG1 and 2 both got 60FPS/4K patches for backwards compatibility on Microsoft consoles. The real reason they will never release those versions again is because they don't want to pay Itagaki any royalties.

Silentstorm

Learned
Yeah, was going to say, i have a Xbox, and on the store i can just buy Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2...heck, Ninja Gaiden 2 is on Game Pass of all things, maybe they are pushing for the Sigma versions because they are technically the last versions of the games?

I don't know, considering that enough people complain they have to defend their decision, it just seems like they would be better off just giving us NGB and NG2 in the collection....well, at least it's one of the things that Xbox at least has going for it i guess.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Shit keeps getting worse.
https://noisypixel.net/ninja-gaiden-master-collection-wont-include-breast-jiggle/
Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection Won’t Include Controversial Breast Jiggle, But Designs Remain Unchanged
Never once did I see anything controversial about anything Ninja Gaiden related. The only slight controversy is there were a handful of complaints about how bloody and violent NG2 was on Xbox 360. But nothing else. And why are you posting stuff from noisoypixel in any way?

Silentstorm

Learned
I wasn't aware of any controversy, and i honestly associate breast jiggles with another franchise from the developer, Dead Or Alive, i mean, there are women in the games, but i bet anyone playing Ninja Gaiden came in for a tough action game, and i highly doubt the breasts are anything special these days.

I mean, i am pretty sure i can go look on Steam or Microsoft Store and find much more perverted games, it feels off imagining there was ever a problem about this for Ninja Gaiden, and also one change...that seems pointless but still annoying, at this point people should just buy NG Black and NG2 if they own a Xbox in case they are removed from the store when this collection hits.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's obvious that adjusting your successful product to avoid controversy from 4 lunatics in social media is a bad idea. But that's not the relevant thing, because we have lived this for years in the West.

The relevant thing is that I see symptoms of western cultural decay arriving to Japan. Another relevant news:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...adventure-from-the-evil-within-studio.128054/

At this point anyone not seeing the decline in the West, and the global cultural and spiritual war, is not gonna see anything, no matter how evident it is. Only God has power to open their eyes.

It's not about boobs, it's about who has the power to filter the mainstream cultural content for everyone. And right now that's Demons and their servants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom