Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo's new console: the Switch (formerly NX)

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The presentation is actually really great, it's pretty fast and there is no excessive bullshit talk. Let's Switch to this!

Release: 03.03.2017.
Price: 299.99 euro/dollars + Pro Controller needs to be bought separaterly
Online: Free at launch, paid later
Region lock: No
Battery life: 2.5h - 6.5h
LAN: WiFi (up to 8 players)
Gamepad size: very small :(
Features: Gyromotion controls, capture button (screenshot at launch, video later), vibration
Colors: vanilla grey, neonred, neonblue + other custom
Events: Europe (Frankfurt, Paris, London) & USA (6 different cities on weekends)

Games:
  • 1-2-Switch (Switch version of wii fit/sports, sort of)
  • ARMS (boxing game/3d arena movement)
  • Splatoon 2 (mp shooter for kidz)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Mario 64 successor, open-world, Bowser in pimp suit) :bounce::bounce::bounce:
  • Xenoblade 2 (open world JRPG)
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (Dynasty Warriors spin-off)
  • Dragon Quest 10 & 11
  • Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2
  • new Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus RPG on UE4)
  • Octopath Traveler (SEnix old-school JRPG with weird art style)
  • TES V:Skyrim (with Todd Bethestard)
  • new No More Heroes (Suda51 game)
  • sports shit for dudebros (EA Westworld)
  • bunch of other shit (yes, Minecraft included) in a video montage
  • Zelda: Breath of teh Wild confirmed as a LAUNCH TITLE!!11 MUH LINK - fucking epic trailer, has voice-acting, will probably be a top-notch game
No tech specific info - is probably underpowered crap like leaks suggest it is.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
meh so far. Only Xenoblade Chronicles 2 seems interesting and new SMT.
XC2 not XCX2 mind you. ACE will be doing again soundtrack so all is well.

lol Skyrim :D Here is 5year old game for you.

Still if they will get MH i will need to buy it...

RapineDel

Augur
Pile of rubbish. Clearly haven't learned that people have moved on from gimmick controls. Whoever thought a real world hub for Mario clearly needs to be moved on and Zelda is the only launch game available (aside from gimmicks). If this flops at least there's the prospect of getting these games on PC one day.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Welp. New SMT pretty much guarantees that I'm getting the console, then again, the fact that this is replacing the 3DS meant that I was getting it anyway. I'm excited that they are FINALLY localizing DQ10. A new No More Heroes is neat and Octopath Traveler seems kinda cool; SNES graphics and it's a supposedly open ended jRPG, so maybe it'll be a bit like the Saga series? That's actually.. a really good line up for a new console. Certainly the best one I've seen since, well, maybe ever? Price isn't too bad either, even better when you take into account that you don't need to buy a home console and a handheld device separately this time. Paid online is the worst thing here, but I was kinda afraid that it was coming. I just hope I don't need to pay for the paid online and then pay a sub fee for DQ10, which is an MMO.

Perkel

Arcane
Just watched Zelda Trailer.

Am i the only one who thinks this is direct sequel to Ocarina of Time ? I recently played first time OoT on 3DS and i actually liked it (always hated 2d ones). Either way if MH will come out for this then i will probably get new zelda too.

So games to play so far:
- new zelda (march3)
- xenoblade chronicles 2 (TBA)
- new SMT (TBA ~2019-2020)
- no more heroes 3 (2020 ?)
- potentially monster hunter but not announced. (2017 gen, 2018 new one... )

300$ will translate to something like 1200zl+ in poland so it will be expensive and probably shops will kill it in 2-3 months.

RapineDel

Augur
Y8lRxhf.jpg

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I hate to be that guys (I'm usually not) but Japanese subtitles are better. English are decent tho.

Why isn't this a launch title? #NITENDO DURRETARD

I actually find this interesting.

Super Mario Eating Tacos. Multiculti. Will probably be AAA gameplay wise and have a bunch of AA on teh buildings.

You can ride a cat furry. I'm sold.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Will be interesting to see if it will bring back casuals. Should be FREE IMO.

2D cash grab.

New Super Bomberman. Guess it will have some Indie titles?

Where are all those blobber fans?

:mhd:

deuxhero

Arcane
Welp. New SMT pretty much guarantees that I'm getting the console,

They never even hinted at it being exclusive.

Fuck, with Unreal Engine it could get a PC release. Same with DQX which is out on PC in moonland and will be brought over too (unless NoA does the translation, then you don't want it period)

Unwanted

Fin

Unwanted
Edgy
Will pass on fire emblem dynasty warriors thingy, also was that romance of the 3 kingdom shown after thst dancing game?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The main problem is the price IMO. 300 dorarus would be okay if it was on par with XBONE, but having this kind of crap hardware it should have been priced at $199.
Bundle with Zelda and a Pro Controller is worth that price, but console only? No way in hell.
Plus completely free online is the only way to go.

deuxhero

Arcane

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Welp. New SMT pretty much guarantees that I'm getting the console,

They never even hinted at it being exclusive.

Fuck, with Unreal Engine it could get a PC release.

Keep dreaming. Also mainline SMT has been Nintendo exclusive for a long time now. The only thing that gets released on the Sony is Persona.

They'd have said exclusive 20 times then.

They haven't even said what the actual title is, so what? Besides, Atlus is known for making exclusives. The only time a game hasn't been exclusive is when it got a remake.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Fire Emblem Musou? :bounce:

Shame you'd have to pay me to buy a Nintendo console with their prices, shitting on EU territories and now with paid online. Looking forward to emulation or piracy one day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom