Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

Couldn't get into odachi after using an axe... despite shorter reach, it feels so much better to me...

And I couldn't get back to axe after trying odachi. Both kinda easy mode noob friendly weapons except odachi offers better move variety. Axe felt lacking in that regard.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh no, what is this tea house shit now. More busy work?
Can mostly skip it.
I mean, joining a guild of sorts does net you some very minor mechanic bonuses, so doesn't hurt, really (and enables hunting for some rewards).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I think you might enjoy the game better if you ignore the FOTM Revenants and farm equipment the traditional way.

Possibly, but since this is a Diablo-like you still want that dopamine rush you get for finging new loot and nothing compares to what the remnants drop.

And yes, while it's true that remnants have other weapons the Odachi is just much more common and chances are the highest level weapon you'll find after sweeping a mission is going to be an Odachi you got off a remnant.

BTW, i genuinely had no idea this weapon was so popular. Even though this game is very different from Sekiro the latter was still in my mind when i started playing this so i consciously decided to avoid straight swords and decided to pick an heavy weapon instead, just to be different. In the process, i accidentally ended up doing what everybody else is doing, heh.

At any rate, i think i'll switch up anyway.

Revenants are created from dead players so you're just farming items that losers who die are wearing lolol. Seriously though, Odachi is a great choice for a starter weapon, nothing wrong with it.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I think you might enjoy the game better if you ignore the FOTM Revenants and farm equipment the traditional way.

Possibly, but since this is a Diablo-like you still want that dopamine rush you get for finging new loot and nothing compares to what the remnants drop.

And yes, while it's true that remnants have other weapons the Odachi is just much more common and chances are the highest level weapon you'll find after sweeping a mission is going to be an Odachi you got off a remnant.

BTW, i genuinely had no idea this weapon was so popular. Even though this game is very different from Sekiro the latter was still in my mind when i started playing this so i consciously decided to avoid straight swords and decided to pick an heavy weapon instead, just to be different. In the process, i accidentally ended up doing what everybody else is doing, heh.

At any rate, i think i'll switch up anyway.
Odachi was an add on/DLC weapon. That's why it became popular much later then katanas, etc. And I guess you're meeting the ghosts of late stage of the game players.
Back when I was playing, Odachi was just getting traction (still plenty - but plenty other weapons as well).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Revenants are created from dead players so you're just farming items that losers who die are wearing lolol. Seriously though, Odachi is a great choice for a starter weapon, nothing wrong with it.
I don't like it that much. It has (mostly, except for this Moonlight thingy) very vanilla skills.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, ice lady down.

Sort of lost track of the story. So many characters i can't even remember who is supposed to be what. Guess it doesn't matter i wonder how much of NG i got left before i can jump on the next difficutly.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't like it that much. It has (mostly, except for this Moonlight thingy) very vanilla skills.

You mean the Twin Moons?

It's a very overpowered combo, because you can do both follow up swipes even when you have almost no ki. It makes all the remnants a joke, just need to be careful to catch them with the initial strike before they start moving. Once you land the first hit they are essentially locked for the whole combo unless they dodge away, which sometimes won't save them if they are still within range of the twin strikes.

It's not that good for bosses because they have too much hyperarmor. Big guys too but sometimes it's worth doing it on them too because even though they can hyperarmor through the twin strikes you can kill them before they hit you back.

BTW, i finally found a decent axe. Only 3 level lower than my Odachi i think i'll take it.

Last edited:
He probably means Moonlit Snow, the cooler looking move. I used faster version of it, Moonlit Snow Redux, in Nioh 2 quite a lot.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't remember seeing that, maybe it's from Nioh 2?

Possibly i just missed it as there's a lot of skills. I'll check it out tonight.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i found it, but i'm not sure i like it. Guess i need to spend some time with it. For some reason it overrides Imperative Strike even though they are not in the same key slot. When i try to do Imperative Strike nothing happens anymore. Not that it matters since Imperative Strike was kinda of shit still.

BTW, in case you wanna see how broken Twin Moons is:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, just killed that white cat boss. Last few bosses were easier than before, probably because i'm gaining too many levels from doing all the sub-missions. I basically trivalized Grim Dawn because i'm a completist autist can't help myself lol those games should account for that shit to be honest.

I hope the jump in difficutly for NG+ is going to be substantial.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, ALL the submissions? So you're basically running through every single level 5+ times? If I had done that, I would never have finished this thing. I stopped doing any missions with map repeats about halfway through the game, and I still regret not stopping sooner. The content recycling in this game is ridiculous.

NG+ is probably easy mode, in Nioh 2 it doesn't start getting properly tough until NG+++. NG++ is a notable step up though at least. NG+ certainly easiest mode. That's why I prefer to rush to higher difficulties as fast as possible. And you don't even need to do all main missions in NG+. I also don't explore fully the ones I end up doing, just rush straight to the boss. That way I at least get significantly underleveled on the way to highest difficulty. Not that it's a huge deal though since most of your power comes from equipment and not stats, I assume it's probably same in N1. But it's at least fun when level ups start coming faster and faster. Also I looked up what is changed in NG+ cycles in N1, as I never experienced it. It would appear that NG+ is less interesting in N1 compared to 2. I don't see anything about remixed combat encounters for N1.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't think so, which are they?

Right now i just finished the ninja house, the one with the frog boss at the end.

Deflowerer

Arcane

NG+ is probably easy mode, in Nioh 2 it doesn't start getting properly tough until NG+++. NG++ is a notable step up though at least. NG+ certainly easiest mode. That's why I prefer to rush to higher difficulties as fast as possible. And you don't even need to do all main missions in NG+. I also don't explore fully the ones I end up doing, just rush straight to the boss. That way I at least get significantly underleveled on the way to highest difficulty. Not that it's a huge deal though since most of your power comes from equipment and not stats, I assume it's probably same in N1. But it's at least fun when level ups start coming faster and faster. Also I looked up what is changed in NG+ cycles in N1, as I never experienced it. It would appear that NG+ is less interesting in N1 compared to 2. I don't see anything about remixed combat encounters for N1.

There are definitely remixed combat encounters on NG+ even in N1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom