Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

Loot system looks a lot more complicated in beginning than it actually is. Once I knew what's what my way of dealing with it became fast and painless. In Grim Dawn it's way more of a pain in the ass. Here I use loot mostly to just convert it into amrita, materials, gold.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, so i tried to give that flux thing a go, but my brain is still resisting the concept:

I guess eventually i'll get it. Right now it's just hard to keep track of the boss while at the same time having to think about all this switching around.

cruel

Cipher
I've beaten both Nioh 1 & 2 and never learned how to Flux. While learning Ki Pulse is mandatory, Flux is not (not saying it doesn't help though).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i guess i just gotta fumble my way until i get this Flux crap right lel:

There was a funny bit in this mission where i took that samurai lady with me while i back tracked to search for the last Kodama, and when i went to swim in the pool she gave me a line about disrobing in front of a lady.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Why aren't you taking advantage of those attacks where enemy's Ki is depleted?

Because i was experimenting with switching stances and i was using this guy as practice. Just trying to get a feeling for it but it's still pretty awkard.

BTW, i was skimming through my loot and i saw a weapon with a parry modifier or something. So you can parry in this game too.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Will be grorious to see Lyric buttblasted by Warrior of the West soon.

I assume this is the dude:

For some reason this area broke OBS. The game played perfectly with no performance issues but the preview in OBS was choppy and the output also has some kind of framerate problem, even in the local file. Video is watchable, but i'm kinda of annoyed.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I've beaten both Nioh 1 & 2 and never learned how to Flux. While learning Ki Pulse is mandatory, Flux is not (not saying it doesn't help though).

I think part of the problem is that with bosses there's almost no time to just wait for the ki recovery to reach the highest point, which is there the big gain with Flux happens. On my last video you can see i had to just switch almost instantly which yielded only modest ki gain, meaning i could have gotten the same result with just a regular pulse.

On regular mobs Flux is a very big gain. On bosses i'm not sure it's worth it unless they are slow or have attacks that leave them wide open, like the big demon in the first map that just threw itself on the floor and you had ample time to do anything.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, got some new skills, basically extra moves i can do during certain attacks. I thought this was going to just add complications but i actually started using them rightaway. I got one that after two mid stance heavy attack chains with a heavy attack from high stance, and another which if you do two to light attacks in high stance chains with two vertical swipes. It's pretty fun to use them, all though most of the time enemies won't just stand there and will hyperarmor through those combos so it's still mostly just bait attacks. But i had some fun trying those combos on some wierd poison snake boss thingy i just killed.

Right now i got over 40 weapon skill points i haven't used yet but i'm taking my time to make sure i learn every new skill i get and spend some time with them. If i unlock 40 skills right now i'll probably forget what i even got.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some of those skills are pretty broken, like the High Axe Heaven and Earth.

Other enable combos and specific playstyles, like Axe Mythic Intensity + Rage + Atlas Bear

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, just killed some kind of gelantinous blob boss. I recorded it but it was a relatively easy fight, got hit once over a fight that lasted four minutes, not worth uploading it.

The level was pretty good in terms of design, probably the best i've seen so far, but those instant death holes everywhere got obnoxious after a while.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well done! I've struggled with that boss quite a bit. And yeah, the partially flooded level was.. interesting... but quite a pain after a couple reloads.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well done! I've struggled with that boss quite a bit. And yeah, the partially flooded level was.. interesting... but quite a pain after a couple reloads.

Well, in case you wanna see it:

I got hit because i didn't notice i was out of ki and got confused for a second, heh. Also, four minutes is a long time i started losing patience towards the end.

I just read he is weak to fire should have probably got some fire buff from the magic skill tree or something but i didn't think of it.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Well, in case you wanna see it:

I got hit because i didn't notice i was out of ki and got confused for a second, heh. Also, four minutes is a long time i started losing patience towards the end.

I just read he is weak to fire should have probably got some fire buff from the magic skill tree or something but i didn't think of it.

Thanks!

Yeah, I seem to remember the fiery breath flamethrower Ninjutsu really demolishes him. Other fire skills too. Can also use consumables to enchant your weapon with Fire. Or just dip your sword in the bonfires on the arena :)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Welp, just got to a level that has some of the most disgusting spiders i've seen in a game.

BTW, i just unlocked some dojo stuff that i couldn't do until i raised the required skill. Are there more of these, and how far do the stats requirements go?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
There are like 3 tiers of dojo training missions for each weapon type AFAIR.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I just checked google and it says 30 to all stats to unlock everything, but you can respect after if need be, though there's quite a lot of useful stuff in the ninja/magic trees so perhaps that won't be necessary even for a full melee build.

BTW, i gotta say, those remants sort of ruin the loot aspect of the game. All the gear i got is from the remnants and it's always the same because people use and wear the same stuff. Like, i wanted to try some different heavy weapon from the Odachi, an Axe or Hammer maybe, anything that scales with Strengh since that's the build i picked, but i can't because the best weapon drops is from remnants and it's always an Odachi. Same with armor doesn't seem there's any point in wearing anything other than this Warrior of the West set.

Feels a bit reductive. I don't even look at the loot from monsters i just settled with selling all common items in bulk for gold and dissassembling everything else besides the stuff i'm wearing.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Not enough stance switching combos bruh.

This particular combo makes remnants a joke btw. The two starting light attacks seem to stun them and the following two swipes just eat up all their ki and it's killing blow after that. I found a level 75 remnant in the map with the spiders and i just got rid of him without breaking a sweat.

Still can't find an easy way to flux during boss fights. They attack too fast you don't have time to wait for the ki refill to reach it's highest point.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I just checked google and it says 30 to all stats to unlock everything, but you can respect after if need be, though there's quite a lot of useful stuff in the ninja/magic trees so perhaps that won't be necessary even for a full melee build.

BTW, i gotta say, those remants sort of ruin the loot aspect of the game. All the gear i got is from the remnants and it's always the same because people use and wear the same stuff. Like, i wanted to try some different heavy weapon from the Odachi, an Axe or Hammer maybe, anything that scales with Strengh since that's the build i picked, but i can't because the best weapon drops is from remnants and it's always an Odachi. Same with armor doesn't seem there's any point in wearing anything other than this Warrior of the West set.

Feels a bit reductive. I don't even look at the loot from monsters i just settled with selling all common items in bulk for gold and dissassembling everything else besides the stuff i'm wearing.
I think you might enjoy the game better if you ignore the FOTM Revenants and farm equipment the traditional way.
Also I think you can see what weapon they are gonna use?
So if you want an axe/hammer, look for revenants that use an axe/hammer.

Couldn't get into odachi after using an axe... despite shorter reach, it feels so much better to me...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom