Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nobody Wants To Die - cyberpunk interactive noir story

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, when you read books about Phil Marlowe he is asshole who gets money for doing investigation, and at the end he typically gets the money even for being asshole, but most importantly he gets his booze and he's happy. Aka it kinda has happy ending, even when Phil Marlowe is shit as a person, and city where he lives is shit.

Even if we take the game as Visual Novel in 3D setting with zero replicability and playtime of 4 hours. Ending is bad.

I can understand that Ed, Edd, and Eddie is acquired taste. And some French animated cartoons about boogers from nose can be hard to understand for people without sufficient art and literacy education.

But frankly, the ending is about as shit as ending in that Polish game named: Cyberpunk 2077.

Gargaune

Arcane
Ended up watching it on YouTube. Not my kinda game, plays a bit like a FPP Heavy Rain-style adventure albeit thinner on content and agency, but it is a sight to behold, especially against the horrific contemporary landscape of candy colours and triviality. While the writing and VO both lay it on a bit too thick, this thing nails the tech noir mood and aesthetics I'd have liked to get from CDPR's Cyberpunk. If these guys got enough funding to evolve their formula into an FPS/RPG next time around, I'd be in.

But frankly, the ending is about as shit as ending in that Polish game named: Cyberpunk 2077.
It's got four different endings (well, one and three variations on another), one of which is a happy ending... in a Planescape: Torment sort of way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom