Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nobody wants to Die

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Lose yourself in the dystopian world of New York, 2329; immortality comes at a price that someone has to pay. In this interactive noir story, lead the investigation using advanced technology, as Detective James Karra who risks it all in pursuit of a serial killer targeting the city’s elite.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why do people keep trying to make artdeco retrofutrist cyberpunk happen?
Blade Runner

Which is one of the rare examples of that format being good, and even then it was ditched for a more standard cyberpunk aesthetic in the sequel.

It's like people who keep trying to make steampunk work. I have nothing against the aesthetic, but it's an uphill battle without the large audience that devs think it has.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
For a brief moment I thought that maybe just maybe someone had announced a new No One Lives Forever game. But anyway, the title is a bit of a mouthful. "No one wants to die" just sounds better than "Nobody wants to die" in my mind.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Why do people keep trying to make artdeco retrofutrist cyberpunk happen?
Blade Runner

Which is one of the rare examples of that format being good, and even then it was ditched for a more standard cyberpunk aesthetic in the sequel.

It's like people who keep trying to make steampunk work. I have nothing against the aesthetic, but it's an uphill battle without the large audience that devs think it has.
Art deco retro-futurist cyberpunk also worked for Transistor (2014):

12293232-transistor-windows-the-introduction-sequence-where-red-is-introd.jpg
9837236-transistor-windows-red-discovers-posters-with-her-picture-plaste.jpg

12293229-transistor-windows-use-obstacles-in-the-environment-to-avoid-inc.jpg
12294897-transistor-windows-using-the-jaunt-function.jpg

Dr1f7

Scholar
It's made by potatoes.

Wow, they have women in that studio who don't look like

1. men
2. purple haired whales

I can dig it.

While half of the development team did end up attending the controversial dinner, the remainder of the team protested the restaurant itself just outside. Complaints voiced by the protesters include the restaurant's décor; "walls plastered with guitars, a symbol of toxic masculinity and white appropriation", and the restaurant's menu, which includes products containing meat.

Kefa

Literate
I do. After seeing this garbage trailer

I thought the trailer looked cool. But I’m not going to get excited for something I don’t even know the genre of. Is it an FPS, an RPG, a movie game, a cyberpunk mario?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I thought the trailer looked cool. But I’m not going to get excited for something I don’t even know the genre of. Is it an FPS, an RPG, a movie game, a cyberpunk mario?

Stop time and investigate stuff. There is only one "gameplay" screenshot.

It's basically an adventure game.

ss_b0a9ab413db57d2d6241360982d6c581219d69d4.jpg

Kefa

Literate

So like Detroit Become Human you think?

911 Jumper

Educated
Could it be more clichéd ? The detective even looks like Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones.
Seen some gameplay GIFs someone pulled from the Steam page and it looks as if plays like a David Cage game w/ a first person perspective.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
Very interested in this. I would like to se uncut gameplay as well.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

So like Detroit Become Human you think?
More like a traditional adventure game with detective puzzles.

They did not mention anything about C&C therefore I don't think there will be a branching story or choices.

Beastro

Arcane
Judging by the title, I thought this thread was gonna be about save scumming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom